Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Went back to Sims 3... man now THAT game was ugly.

Comments

• Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    Candyland, a bad RPG, bad pixar movie and facebook had a baby together....Aww look a mobile game... **screams and flees**
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    When has the Sims franchise ever been about graphical excellence or superlative realism? Some people are acting as if playing TS3 was akin to walking through a gameworld like this:
    23812-4-1347087056.jpg

Skyrim looks very much outdated too (that screebshot is downright hideous)

I must be playing some ugly games.
  • Options
    Rinilex wrote: »
    When has the Sims franchise ever been about graphical excellence or superlative realism? Some people are acting as if playing TS3 was akin to walking through a gameworld like this:
    23812-4-1347087056.jpg

Skyrim looks very much outdated too (that screebshot is downright hideous)

I must be playing some ugly games.

Yeah I must be playing some ugly games too.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    bamcam30 wrote: »
    23812-4-1347087056.jpg

Skyrim looks very much outdated too (that screebshot is downright hideous). Even with all the mods in the world, it's still nowhere near as good-looking as technologically superior games such as AC: Black Flag, Crysis 3, Battlefield 4, etc.

Shut up. Just please....shut up. That has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone say, when it comes to video games. Don't you ever, say such an idiotic, close minded thing like that again.

All right, calm down...
  • Options
    The Last of Us.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    23812-4-1347087056.jpg

Skyrim looks very much outdated too (that screebshot is downright hideous). Even with all the mods in the world, it's still nowhere near as good-looking as technologically superior games such as AC: Black Flag, Crysis 3, Battlefield 4, etc.

Skyrim looks better then TS4s pixar candyland look to me.

If TS4 even remotely looked as good as Pixar I would never leave my house.

• Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    23812-4-1347087056.jpg

LOL! I always called it bad pixar. I just forgot the bad part.....its more Katy Perry Sweet treats. lol
  • Options
    abe70280abe70280 Posts: 519 Member
    Sims 4 is so bad, I cant help but think what on god's green earth are the devs smoking to make them think they could get away this
  • Options
    JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    23812-4-1347087056.jpg

Shut up. Just please....shut up. That has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone say, when it comes to video games. Don't you ever, say such an idiotic, close minded thing like that again.
    Oh, look. A fanboy getting his panties in a bunch over someone insulting his favourite game. As if I've never seen that before.
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    23812-4-1347087056.jpg

LOL! I always called it bad pixar. I just forgot the bad part.....its more Katy Perry Sweet treats. lol

Seriously though, if they ever make games as good looking as pixar I'm going to have problems functioning like a normal human being.

• Options
    23812-4-1347087056.jpg

Seriously though, if they ever make games as good looking as pixar I'm going to have problems functioning like a normal human being.

Most folks could tolerate pixar at least, and the hair would look like HAIR! Rather then playdoh.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    Yeah, comparing this game to Pixar is definitely insulting to Pixar. I think of it more as a bad Pixar ripoff.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    Jongarakun wrote: »
    23812-4-1347087056.jpg

Oh, look. A fanboy getting his panties in a bunch over someone insulting his favourite game. As if I've never seen that before.

Meh. Not even worth it.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Niana wrote: »
    Not everyone can afford to play with a top-of-the line rig, with super graphics card. Is not practical for a lot of people.

Especially if your tight with money you should spend a bit time getting into the computer world.

Seriously, I see so many asking for laptops and it makes me scream, for the money you get a laptop that plays Sims only just, you get a desktop PC that plays it + every ep + evtl Sims 5! + you have the opportunity to upgrade single components to improve it, you don't have that with a laptop.

You might not have the options for upgrades, but laptops are more practical, business reasons and students.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    23812-4-1347087056.jpg

Elelunicy your trolling right, all i hear about you is saying plum lol. AC: Black Flag easy as pie, Crysis 3 easy as pie, BF 4 lol come again. All in Ultra Settings Maxed out. I am using sweet FX too if you know what this is.

Know that my Skyrim is almost bursting my PC and i am running a Highend Rig with 2x GTX 780 so SLI.
    Well i do use many ENBs for Skyrim, but if you can Mod Skyrim like this. You get awesome Graphics.

TK ENB the easy one
    ll245fwa.jpg

Tropical Skyrim with RealVision Full A
    vapkfmt5.jpg

Both K ENB
    ccyfu7gr.jpg
    yo65ccmp.jpg
  • Options
    Do you guys really want to play people that look like real humans, this is what this discussion sounds like. I find it creepy and ugly to play something that real.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited September 2014
    Do you guys really want to play people that look like real humans, this is what this discussion sounds like. I find it creepy and ugly to play something that real.

Well no i don't mind this, i also do like the Sims 4 Graphic i can live with it. I am not comparing Skyrim with it ^^ I couln't stand still hearing that bad mounthing from elenuicy. So i did Post some Pics from Skyrim
  • Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Solved the lightning problems :)
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Elelunicy your trolling right, all i hear about you is saying plum lol. AC: Black Flag easy as pie, Crysis 3 easy as pie, BF 4 lol come again. All in Ultra Settings Maxed out. I am using sweet FX too if you know what this is.

Know that my Skyrim is almost bursting my PC and i am running a Highend Rig with 2x GTX 780 so SLI.
    Well i do use many ENBs for Skyrim, but if you can Mod Skyrim like this. You get awesome Graphics.
    Awesome graphics don't need to use SweetFX/ENB/other mods to get those oversaturated colors, werid bloom effect, and badly implemented depth of field. Check out these AC: Black Flag screenshots and see what unaltered graphics can look like.

And being demanding to run doesn't mean anything. Not to mention Skyrim is 32-bit only, dx9 only game (much like Sims 3/4) and it will never use more than 4gb ram or vram. You can't even play it @ 4k with 4k textures without crashing.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Wpardue77Wpardue77 Posts: 129 Member
    I think it'll be years before we even see graphic detail on par with Call of Duty in the Sims series..
  • Options

That's the thing, I totally don't want them to try to look realistic. I completely agree with you, "realistic" just ends up looking creepy and often like this when it contrasts with the environment.

10g07tf.jpg

By upping the resource requirements they could push that cartoony look they're going for to the next level. We could have gotten things like a much higher res cartoony look, animated hair and animated clothes. But the requirements aren't the real limiter when it comes to things like that, the money and work is. Sure you can say its good enough but its only really good enough because nobody is out there doing it better.

• Options

That's the thing, I totally don't want them to try to look realistic. I completely agree with you, "realistic" just ends up looking creepy and often like this when it contrasts with the environment.

10g07tf.jpg

By upping the resource requirements they could push that cartoony look they're going for to the next level. We could have gotten things like a much higher res cartoony look, animated hair and animated clothes. But the requirements aren't the real limiter when it comes to things like that, the money and work is. Sure you can say its good enough but its only really good enough because nobody is out there doing it better.

I really like the look of the sims, but animated hair would be nice.

• Options

10g07tf.jpg

I like the CAS and the art style but I'm telling ya man, it could all look a lot better.

• Options

10g07tf.jpg

I like the CAS and the art style but I'm telling ya man, it could all look a lot better.

I agree it is limited in a way, I do wish there was a color wheel (NOT CASt)

• Options

10g07tf.jpg

I agree it is limited in a way, I do wish there was a color wheel (NOT CASt)

I'm just saying the reason its limited is the the money they are willing to spend on it, not concern on whether or not a college student can run it on a laptop.

There's a reason Pixar looks better, its because EA either can't afford it or doesn't deem it important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IXKCzko2gM

Those are dynamic animations pretty much like the Sims.

My expectations are much higher and maybe not rightfully so.

But just fact that I know its possible pains me.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top