Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    edited September 2014
    So, imagine yourself stepping off of an elevator into generously appointed lobby with access to the pent house suite (hence the entrance lobby part of the challenge).

What exactly do you mean by "generously appointed lobby"?
  • TwilaniteTwilanite Posts: 53 Member
    @Douglas Curtis
    Mr Curtis how much privacy do you want? I'd like to know to suit your needs.... Thanks!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    trashdocka wrote: »
    Apologies for any confusion, the idea of this challenge is to try and make a pent house 'style' build, a one story luxurious build that you could imagine sitting at the top of a sky scraper.

So are we allowed to make a two-story penthouse? or is it a requirement that its only one story?

Apartments tend to be one story, so, yes, the requirements is for a one story build.

So, imagine yourself stepping off of an elevator into generously appointed lobby with access to the pent house suite (hence the entrance lobby part of the challenge).

What exactly do you mean by "generously appointed lobby"?

This sort of thing:

lobby_4.jpg

Twilanite wrote: »
    @Douglas Curtis
    Mr Curtis how much privacy do you want? I'd like to know to suit your needs.... Thanks!

Mr Curtis is fairly open on this, (haha open, get it?) As long as there is some privacy for him in the form of his master suite where he can go and relax...

GArBA5W.jpg
    Ok so basically a foyer. Thank you.
    Laughs Ok will do! Thank You!
  • asphyxiateddollasphyxiateddoll Posts: 139 Member
    Does the 150k include the price of the lot or no?
    Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
    Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll
    Does the 150k include the price of the lot or no?

I believe it does correct me if I am wrong?

• SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    Whoa, 2nd challenge already!

As a lot of you know, I lurk these parts of the forums very frequently - the studio's been very impressed with what's been being shared.

Oh - and I hope some of you look at the Maxis tab of the Gallery :) you never know if your creation will be there!
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Whoa, 2nd challenge already!

As a lot of you know, I lurk these parts of the forums very frequently - the studio's been very impressed with what's been being shared.

Oh - and I hope some of you look at the Maxis tab of the Gallery :) you never know if your creation will be there!

Cool. I'll be sure to lurk.
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Oh wow! Thank you very much Hydra! And good luck with your new build :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    *blinks rubs eyes blinks again* A simguru ?!?! Wow! Welcome Hydra! :)
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited September 2014
    We will, of course be running other challenges with more Sims4 related themes, however due to RL time constraints, we decided to use the same challenge as is running on the TS3 thread. We appreciate any and all feedback given to us about the challenges we run, this is the only way we know if you guys are enjoying the challenges or if you feel we should be doing something different, we certainly don't take any offence ;)

Thank you for hearing me out. I feel as though if I were to pick between Sims 3 or Sims 4 to complete this second buildnshare challenge, I would pick Sims 3 hands-down due to the penthouse requirements, the mention of the hot tub, the explorer-archelogist client etc. I just feel, hey, we're in Sims 4! Let's have a challenge that celebrates what we CAN do with Sims 4 build mode, instead of what we can't. I would rather be building wedding locations and gym lots, etc, instead of "barely" recognizable penthouses - because it's just not ready for them yet in Sims 4 base game. OK, my last two cents. Sorry for causing drama - I'm just honestly disappointed with the choice of the challenge for this one. :(

• KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Hi, RachelRosebud. I certainly understand what you're saying. Our first thought was to sync up the TS3 and TS4 versions of the challenges to save the sanity of our judges and behind-the-scenes organizers. That might be something we need to take another look at. We'll certainly be discussing this in the next few days. In the meantime, I opened up a thread for TS4 client and challenge suggestions on BuildersBoulevard.com We invite all of our challenge participants to submit their ideas for Sims 4 challenges there. You might see your ideas used in a future challenge :)

**I'm sorry not to be able to provide a direct link, but the forum has somehow marked me as a newbie again :rolleyes:
    > @KittKat7147 said:
    > **I'm sorry not to be able to provide a direct link, but the forum has somehow marked me as a newbie again :rolleyes:

As I found out a few days ago you have to have 50 points for commenting, likes, and stuff. The reason being is it keeps new people from posting inappropriate links n such. I liked you to help you along to posting links again. And you can always leave the http and www off and still have most the address. Hope that helps. You can check your points by clicking your pic to go to your profile it tells you how many points you have. ~Twilanite
  • celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    Another question. Did anyone CAS for the Curtis character or do we make our own for the photo shots?? After all, you gave us aspiration and one trait, does that mean we have freedom to make our own interpretation on the character?
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    It will take some creativity for sure on this challenge. I think I will still do this challenge, but I do like @RachelRosebud 's ideas for maybe some challenges creating some useful community lots in the future. I hope we do something like that at some point. :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    edited September 2014
    Carewren123 - unleash your creativity :D Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. And a community lot challenge is something we will look at doing very soon.
    > @celdys0n said:
    > Another question. Did anyone CAS for the Curtis character or do we make our own for the photo shots?? After all, you gave us aspiration and one trait, does that mean we have freedom to make our own interpretation on the character?

@celdys0n, let me confirm with the current challenge host, but I'm 95% sure that the Room challenge and Sim Challenge are optional *extra* challenges above and beyond the build challenge that you can complete or not as you choose. That would mean that if you choose to make Curtis and submit him for the Sim Challenge, you can create him however you envision him as long as you make his aspiration Mansion Baron and one trait as romantic.
    > @Twilanite said:
    > As I found out a few days ago you have to have 50 points for commenting, likes, and stuff. The reason being is it keeps new people from posting inappropriate links n such. I liked you to help you along to posting links again. And you can always leave the http and www off and still have most the address. Hope that helps. You can check your points by clicking your pic to go to your profile it tells you how many points you have. ~Twilanite

According to my profile, I have 127 points, and posting was working just fine last night. Thinking maybe it had something to do with the forum update removing the "disagree" option? Maybe everyone got reset as new users? Or maybe it's just my bad luck, lol B)
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    @KittKat7147 apparently they have upped the point requirement. I think you have to have 150 points now to be considered a 'member' as well as have 100 posts. But that obviously isn't a problem for you with your 1854 posts. I liked you posts above to help. :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    Many thankies to Carewren123 and possibly others as well. I'm now up to 141 points. Woot :D
    > @Carewren123 said:
    > KittKat7147 apparently they have upped the point requirement. I think you have to have 150 points now to be considered a 'member' as well as have 100 posts. But that obviously isn't a problem for you with your 1854 posts. I liked you posts above to help. :)

Well that really stinks. It took me a long time to get to 50 points in time to post links for the last challenge. now I have to do it again. Darn you (shakes fists) EA
    edited September 2014
    Sorting through all the TS4 BnS #1 entries right now. LOVING all the creativity :D
    > @countrykris1play said:
    > Well that really stinks. It took me a long time to get to 50 points in time to post links for the last challenge. now I have to do it again. Darn you (shakes fists) EA

Yep - countryrkris1play. It's a new, fairly annoying hurdle to have to surpass. But I have faith that we can comment, Like and LOL each other over the threshold on this thread if we try. Team BnS unite! o:)
  • BlackRoseBronwenBlackRoseBronwen Posts: 471 Member
    I'm sure everyone here will be willing to help people get over that threshold again. I do agree that the bumping up the required points on us is irritating. I personally only post on occasion, mainly when posting an entry for something like this or when I feel like I have something legitimate to add to the conversation. So in agreeance with KittKat7147, Team BnS unite!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top