Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

which programs there's too many!

Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
edited September 2014 in CAS Custom Content
i just want to create logos on tops and t-shirts and make custom genetics which programs out of this hoard can do that??

Color Magic
Caster
CAS Cloner
TS4 CAS/Mesh Tools

and which is the most easiest/less complicated

and i know i also need s4pe

Comments

• shenice93shenice93 Posts: 150 Member
    For simple logo on T-Shirts, you should use Color Magic to extract the package and S4PE to export the texture. Then you'll of course need a photo editing program to edit the texture (like photoshop or gimp). TS4 CAS/Mesh Tools is great for cloning meshes, which in turn has them show up as a new thumbnail in CAS. So, if you'd like to create 10 new t-shirt colors, you could use Mesh Tools to clone the original package, then use Color Magic to make multiple recolor packages and S4PE to import the edited textures and combine all the t-shirts into one package file.
    Visit my tumblr for all my custom content creations: the-stories-sims-tell.tumblr.com
  • Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    ok what about genetics?
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    Eyes, skin overlays, eyebrows, hair retextures, makeup... that can all be done with the above method, too.
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
    i tried to edit a skin overlay but it's all grey ?
    You mean it's grey when you're editing it or grey in game?
    xyIcMqt.png
    maybe i need to explain more. i'm trying to make a replacement skin with proper parts. when i extract the top and bottom parts from color magic into s4pe the images are all grey and dark no colour whatsoever.
    Mmm, that's because ColorMagic only does skin overlays, not full replacement skins. I haven't dug too deep into this myself, but try browsing around here, see what you can figure out.
    xyIcMqt.png
    edited September 2014
    just found out their supposed to be grey the skintone is added by the game. man these are going to be a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to make!
    Post edited by Sim2Blade on
  • crazymammothcrazymammoth Posts: 238 Member
    Sim2Blade wrote: »
    just found out their supposed to be grey the skintone is added by the game. man these are going to be a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to make!

well on that note has any1 figured out how to add skin colors, not overlays but new colors other than blue and green?

I'm trying to make a light purple/gray sim and I've done that with overlays, but now i can't use gloves or tattoos cause they are masked out by the details layer skin detail, anyway I need recolors as a skin tone not a detail so i can use tattoos and gloves again
    Origin ID: CrazyMammoth
    http://crazymammoth.tumblr.com/