Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Aurora Legacy

Comments

• KayK88KayK88 Posts: 3 New Member
    This is the first legacy challenge thread I have ever read and I love it! I have book marked and will keep following :)
  • tyenetyene Posts: 65 Member
    I love Lucas and Mika. And I think Melker is interesting - yes, he's not traditionally handsome, but he has "something about him". I can't wait to see Britta aging up. :D I love your writing style and I love how "ordinary" (in a good way, with a normal looking fun sims) your legacy is. Of course don't be mad, your writing style and the charm of them makes them totally out of ordinary :)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    nice read so fare
    *I am a little annoyed about the loading screens and being unable to manage sims in multiple locations. I realize I might have a wee little issue with control...so my poor sims all end up spending time together everywhere.

question:

if you let the kids go to the park and the parents stay home
    will the sims then do stuf when you not there? maybe even what you told them to?

and if they leave the home lot at 10 am and go to the park and stya there until 4 pm... what time is it when they get home? I tried sism 2 and then they got home at 10 am.....

I would defently alow quicke frezzed time around time to get sims married and pregnant/adopt + adding families... hmm not even sure I get this game until I know more... most missed things a story progresion (of sorts), toddlers and cast....

how are you finding the game?

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @anettesb - If you leave some sims at home while you travel, they will 'care for selves' by default, but you can also change what they do similarly to how you can change what they do at work, by clicking the little symbol on their portraits. For example, I usually have them work on a skill while I'm away. When you go back to the lot, the time spent away will have passed. It's not like Sims 2 where time freezes on your home lot.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    @Lynnwood
    thank you
    so you can set them to skill or sleep and you don't get back to a hungry and overly tirred sim ... can you even tell kids to do homework?
    I really need to find a playtrue with comments
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    KayK88 wrote: »
    This is the first legacy challenge thread I have ever read and I love it! I have book marked and will keep following :)

Thank you! I love feed back and questions so feel free to jump straight in :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    tyene wrote: »
    I love Lucas and Mika. And I think Melker is interesting - yes, he's not traditionally handsome, but he has "something about him". I can't wait to see Britta aging up. :D I love your writing style and I love how "ordinary" (in a good way, with a normal looking fun sims) your legacy is. Of course don't be mad, your writing style and the charm of them makes them totally out of ordinary :)

Yay! I like my sims to be ordinary but wonderful at the same time. I think that's so reminiscent of life - it's always more amazing than a story but at the same time there can be very dull moments. Also, it suits my fly by the seat of your pants play-style.

I totally agree Melker has a certain something, something. Just look at that screenshot with him holding two glasses. He's a charmer in the making...
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @anettesb - I don't know that you can have an adult 'tell' them to do their homework. But if you click on the homework in their inventory as the child, you can then do it that way. Specific interactions (such as doing homework, watch TV, cook this) won't be done/completed. But as I said, you could just select for them to work on a skill, like cooking, and when you get back they'll be doing various things to also take care of their needs, like sleeping and watching TV for fun.

@SALTPASTILLEN - I just noticed your siggy, "Let me eat cake!" LOL!!! Too funny. She does indeed deserve her cake. :P

. . . . now I want cake. -_-
    edited September 2014
    anettesb wrote: »
    nice read so fare

question:

if you let the kids go to the park and the parents stay home
    will the sims then do stuf when you not there? maybe even what you told them to?

and if they leave the home lot at 10 am and go to the park and stya there until 4 pm... what time is it when they get home? I tried sism 2 and then they got home at 10 am.....

I would defently alow quicke frezzed time around time to get sims married and pregnant/adopt + adding families... hmm not even sure I get this game until I know more... most missed things a story progresion (of sorts), toddlers and cast....

how are you finding the game?

Hi Anette! Nice to hear from you :)

I have found that asking the sims to skill is the easiest way to have them spend time on the home lot productively. Also, I tend to go out and about when some sims are sleeping or at work/school and that makes things easier. I think it's just a learning curve and one great thing is that there is always plenty of sims about to chat with (sometimes almost too many!). It's also very simple to get a sim to where you are, just click a button and they teleport to your location and you can have total control of them once more.

As @Lynnwood mentioned, time passes at home too, and I do think it's a good thing, because in sims 2 that would drive me bonkers. I think I could get used to this quite easily.

Toddlers and CASt are missing, but on the other hand they have added a ton of fun child related activities/goals that make those ages feel much more alive. I will probably go down the cc route at some point, but right now I am enjoying being able to focus more on the game play than the create a sim, since the options there are limited and it won't take me half a day to load all my recolors. A really great thing they have done is that when you ask a sim to change their appearance in the mirror, it brings you into a CAS light where everything from hair, makeup and clothes can be redone - for all the sims you are controlling! This makes makeovers so much more convenient in ts4.

As for story progression, I have found that I can do a good job of that by going to the manage households function and just add sims, go into excisting townie households and generate children (the genetics feature is great!) and so on. I have populated this gamefile with the second generation of Landgraabs, Calientes and Goths this way. The new gallery is such an improvement to the exchange and it makes finding a sim for a townie to marry super easy, just 40 seconds and you have a complete townie to use in your genetic experiments. Also, it is easy to brows and good fun to check out.

Finally, I do enjoy that the game is so much faster to start and the file takes a lot shorter to load.

Do come back with more questions if you have them :)

d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    15. Fooling around!?!

"Love can make a fool of us all"
    - Elise Aurora (cited from the 4th Immortal)

Britta came home from school in a rotten mood "teachers can be so annoying sometimes" is all she said when she stomped into the bathroom to try to talk herself down.

nvet5z2uwhncd65fg.jpg

Melker is keeping up his juice habbit despite our discussions on the matter, I don't want to sell the bar, but I will if I have to....

ss64m04s6yldmekfg.jpg

Watcher: Love is sweet....

2ko0oltn8ii6edpfg.jpg

Watcher: WHAT! In your parents bed! Lucas you should be ashamed of yourself! Never again will I allow a teen to fool around *freakout*

blb6iobj1voujrbfg.jpg

I think it's probably best I don't find out what the Watcher was going on about today. Brycen and me were busy, we dressed in our formal clothes and got right down to it - today his aspiration would be complete, one romantic interaction at a time...

m9tge80oras49t6fg.jpg

Brycen: Are you ready my love?

841cy40ssqs05esfg.jpg

Touchdown! And we have one aspiration complete, great start to this legacy! And a good time for the two of us.

yrw6s4356o2xxajfg.jpg

With his two primary responsibilities behind him (the begetting of heirs and completing his aspiration) Brycen could take care of the things that had fallen behind in the last weeks. Like fixing the stereo. (The Watcher is cheap and won't buy us a fancy one).

e5rvelnw335e1nqfg.jpg

Britta went to the park to hunt down her last friend. Spotted! Alexander Goth hugging Bella - this might work.

95fdwj1e8749lg8fg.jpg

Since he seemed to like hugs so well she jumped right in. Mika was also there chatting with an elder gentleman, and she is a YA now! That's perfect for Lucas...

p6ughnc7265jdt0fg.jpg

Despite rude people doing their best to but in on the conversation Britta managed to become friends with Alexander, and completed her child aspiration. She also leveled up her charisma and seems to have developed a glitch...somehow I think it's related to gaining the charisma skill because it happens only when she does actions that aren't age appropriate. I hope she'll grow out of it!

nj7k583dtx3q3rtfg.jpg

Britta also reports that there will be another generation of Landgraabs, she spotted this boy in the park (name completely lost to memory) and remembers his last name was Landgraab.*

*I have been doing some story progressing of my own since I'm not in an official legacy. Playing with genetics is a lot of fun in this game and I have added a lot of new townies for fun.

2fzzj90qfl5clqlfg.jpg

Brycen got promoted to Editor in Chief, and only needs one more promotion to cap the Journalist branch of the writing career. He might make it, he has 1/5th of the age bar left to go and is now 129 days old. (He has used one anti aging potion when elder).

mjyarbv29gam2gcfg.jpg

Lucas is still working on his mixology and all the family members like sitting at the new bar to hang out and chat. I just wish Britta understood what child appropriate means.

tov9w3tg6vfb4dafg.jpg

Late at night when the rest of the household sleeps, Brycen goes out on the town to socialize and interview sims about their life. It's a good skill to have, being able to get sims to talk, because they almost always reveal their secrets a.k.a. traits to him. Sitting at the table next to him is Bella Goth, she must have found the fountain of youth, because she should be an elder now...

vvy9cz006npi9n0fg.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    lol awesome! I always enjoy reading your legacy! I love that you always find a way to implement just the right amount of humor.
    Shhh!

edited September 2014
    16. Family time

"Wanna come home and meet my family? I live with my grandma's, all six of them...."
    - Beata Aurora (cited from The 8th Immortal)

Brycen: So kids...

Lucas: What? Why are you looking at me that way?

Melker: Dude, are you wearing that out of the house?

Britta: Yes daddy?

Brycen: I'm getting older, my age bar is almost full, and I would really love for us to have some quality time together so this weekend I'm picking how we spend our time while mommy's at work.

wca97s1bwyewdebfg.jpg

Turns out synchronized frog catching was high on Brycen's list. They managed to catch a grand total of 2 frogs during the 4 hours they spent at the park...not exactly a great haul. But they did have some time together so that's what counts.

b3x3m5gdm0mm1gsfg.jpg

Melker had to go to work, Brycen thinks he heard him mutter "hallelujah" when the carpool pulled up.

Having rarely visited Oasis Springs during our life together Brycen decided to bring Lucas and Britta with him on a journey of discovery. Lucas found the gym and quickly decided he needed to work out in order to impress a too old Mika. I think he had rather lackluster results.

Lucas: What are you talking about *pants* I'm doing, ouch! Is it supposed to be this hard!?

z5z7mwizs25aqblfg.jpg

Brycen is too old for anything other than picking flowers these days...He found some sage and daisies, so now we have more to offer a future botanist.

bbqxwu1b5fypky4fg.jpg

Britta had to take up the chisel and get those fossils and minerals out of the bedrock, I just hope she won't age up as hulk-woman.

c5ucddaxg1edaoufg.jpg

Two tired heroes off to the bathrooms, one smelly and the other with a more pressing problem. It seems like an elder sim always has to go!

zksbx5q195qbpu5fg.jpg

Britta had the option to practice flirting...glitching?

a3boa4ns8ba7o91fg.jpg

Yes she is. I think it's time for this mom to have a chat with her tween daughter about when it's all right to start thinking about boys.

83bq5h537vnzhizfg.jpg

Meanwhile, at the bar, Melker was asking Lucas about wohoo....

Melker: Sooooo....is it like fooling around? Because the watcher has said that's completely forbidden from now on.

Lucas: It's not as good as fooling around. Fooling around is forbidden, ergo it must be the better of the two. Wait? How do you know about fooling around???

l8dpq0m0n6389iufg.jpg

To satisfy Melker's whims for expensive purchases, we are now the owners of a microscope. So far we have only been able to get the two plant slides to show up as paintings. Hopefully the microscope will stay, because it doesn't seem to have the same attraction as my beloved and much missed observatory.

1q1r420qa65tiq8fg.jpg

Melker also wants to improve our landscaping- Sadly his efforts are rather puny and hap dash at the moment.

lubk6o8m06p1eeffg.jpg

We spend a lot of time in front of the TV in true Aurora fashion. Brycen and me have had a very happy and fortunate life together. Three children who we both are good friends with, two lucrative careers, one complete aspiration and more kisses blown over a table than you can count. Life is short, even with youth potions, but we made the best of it while it lasted.

0q4c5hcacuvegktfg.jpg

Britta: I love you daddy, don't die yet.

Yes Brycen, do stay with us a while longer. His age bar is now full and bubbly, we have been told he might go any day now and we are sure to miss him. But for now, we are enjoying family life.

dj9d48t3vf56jwlfg.jpg
    Post edited by SALTPASTILLEN on
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    Brycen will be missed! I'm loving your updates. :)
  • NikkoNikko Posts: 40 Member
    RIP Brycen, that aside this is a really cool legacy. Good humor.
    Thanks @Nikko

BTW, as of now he's still alive, apparently they can live several days past the full age bar (not my previous experiance but whatever). I am expecting him to go any day though...
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    Whew! All caught up! You have a great Legacy going so far. Your sims have been a lot of fun to read about. :D I cracked up over the conversation between Brycen and Alexander, the look on his face was too funny!
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
    Thanks @simbody872 I do live my sims :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Charlie12309Charlie12309 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Just read all your updates and I love your legacy and your writing style, gonna miss Brycen :( I can't wait for more :D bookmarked
    a6776f14-6c18-47ec-a31c-b29c154630c5.png
    I think Brycen it working on his immortality, he's still going strong. I wasn't going to post a new chapter until after he died, so I'm still playing. The good thing is that he will be able to be part of some pretty nice changes that have occurred in the family.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • SilverNamaraSilverNamara Posts: 42 Member
    Wow, he must really be immortal! How many days past is he now?
    edited September 2014
    Wow, he must really be immortal! How many days past is he now?

Well, he did use a young again potion when he was 110 days, but now he is (by my estimate since the age bar wont show days once it goes bubbly) 137 days, he was 130 days when the bar turned bubbly.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Great updates! :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Yay, I'm all caught up! Love your story! :smile:

I always hate when my sims die. It's so sad... I've already lost five. :disappointed:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Megg87 wrote: »
    I always hate when my sims die. It's so sad... I've already lost five. :disappointed:

I'm rather dreading it, especially since Brycen is taking his sweet time. I just know he will go when I am hitting a high note. On the other hand, he brings in much bucks so that's good.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    17. Teen dream

"There is no such thing as too little when it comes to valuables"
    - Frida Aurora (cited from The 5th Immortal)

Since Britta completed her Social Butterfly aspiration she's been working on the Rambunctious Scamp one as well, I don't think she'll make it all the way, but she is on step 2 now. Those monkey bars we bought for Melker are put to good use, and hopefully she'll become trimmer like her middle brother.

olhzcq451i3ymprfg.jpg

Lucas aged up, we were happy for him, even if we were more interested in who would be voted out on Sims Bachelorette.

kem1xjw1g2n3ke3fg.jpg

Lucas got a new outfit and went to the park to get some more tips for his aspiration. He also wanted to get in a good mood because he had a plan...

iho6v91c8w7y518fg.jpg

He laid in wait, and when she appeared he fell on his knees in front of her and waved a ring under her nose.

Lucas: Here! Take it!

cxw7t5v4945cvxrfg.jpg

Mika: It's so cute - and tiny!

Mika looked at it for what seemed like forever, before finally deciding to accept this unusual proposal.

tvn9podluaq6f8cfg.jpg

What they did later Lucas hasn't shared with me, and I'm happy about that. I'd rather not hear the Watcher scream in my ear one more time about their sordid acts.

sz9a20v5lnniaa3fg.jpg

The next day it was time for Britta to become a teen. She invited a lot of her friends and acquaintances. This handsome young man is no other than Halberd who is now a goofball.

dh7xpiqsdd9ys0dfg.jpg

She had also invited Alexander Goth and Cody Birch. They were both in a rotten mood and attached our trashcan and then proceed to play in the filth. There are some things a neat sim like myself just can't accept and playing in others trash it one of those things. I sent both of them home because they were making me so uncomfortable I could barely focus on the party.

8tpzxznkxv2k5ozfg.jpg

Britta had one other friend who also had aged up to a teen. Her name is Holly Kada and once Melker saw her he tried to make a move.

Melker: Want to come into my room and check out my social bunnies?

Holly: Bunnies? Hahahhhahhahha, like I'm interested in something that lame?

Yup, she's mean. So that was a no go.

id5rgcopdz3n40yfg.jpg

In the midst of all this action Britta aged up. Note my amazing work outfit in the background. A ballcap, fancy dress and knee length socks as well as platform wedges. Call the fashion police!

oq8mggxbson8kk4fg.jpg

Once Britta was a teen she imediately tried some romantic moves on Halberd. You can't see it from this picture but the "try to seduce" interaction has a really fun looking dance move thingy.
    *Sigh* I can't believe my daughter is old enough to flirt for real now. She's not even glitching anymore.

diihj93bz1b4giyfg.jpg

In true teen fashion no interaction is complete until you take a picture of yourself.

In this shot you can see that Britta barely has a chin at all. Melker with too much of a chin and Britta with almost none - it's starting to look as if Brycen and me weren't as compatible genetically as we thought...

sepg9hlmb7pdag4fg.jpg

Britta managed to steel a first kiss from Halberd before the party ended. They are lovebirds for now, we can't deal with more at the moment.

o2xn952ojb25dovfg.jpg

Britta: Don't worry daddy, you are still my number one!

dvi4889ny4c04nhfg.jpg

* I swear Britta reminds me so much of a girl I knew at University. The super wide mouth and non-chin (as well as dark brown eyes). I don't know if I could have created a sim as similar if I had tried. How freaky is that?!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg