Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Went back to Sims 3... man now THAT game was ugly.

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Darkling wrote: »
    It would be a total shame if this game fails on account of some overly loud voices. If it does, I hope they don't make 5.

EA doesn't care about loud voices, "positive" or "negative," they care about dollar bills.

Then why did so many around here get so upset about the funny in game play that Sincerbox posted? Why are so many so vocal about their hate of the game? And why do devs come and ask for input and feedback?

EA is a BUSINESS.

Darkling is RIGHT.

EA doesn't care about what anyone here SAYS...good or ill.

EA cares about the bottom line. Period.

Money talks as the old saying goes and if EA can make $$$, then they will.
    And no amount of fanboy/fangirl/complaining/suggesting will change that.

The shareholders care about their profits, not your opinion.

Ain't that the way of the world in general? Why, yes, yes it is.....last I checked.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I think this thread made me... miss ... the sims 3 lol words I never thought would come out of my mouth lol

2myopae.jpg
    2uokwlx.jpg

Guess I'll go play sims 3 now...

21mbz47.jpg
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    It would be a total shame if this game fails on account of some overly loud voices. If it does, I hope they don't make 5.

EA doesn't care about loud voices, "positive" or "negative," they care about dollar bills.

Then why did so many around here get so upset about the funny in game play that Sincerbox posted? Why are so many so vocal about their hate of the game? And why do devs come and ask for input and feedback?

EA is a BUSINESS.

Darkling is RIGHT.

Thats life we all need cash, but well EA is really creedy in this case. Why they fail so many Games, if they could produce incredibles, why cutting so much stuff and reducing it to only the core elements. Really thats why many are hating EA.
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

Ain't that the way of the world in general? Why, yes, yes it is.....last I checked.

So long as they can squeeze a nickel out of you, they will.

Speaking of which, any news on the S4 store?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member

If the game fails, it will be on its own demerits. No more, no less. Blaming a few naysayers who are a tiny, tiny fraction of the millions of gamers the world over is allowing them some mystical powers that they do not have. I know it's hard for some people to admit that TS4 is not "all that," but even quite a few people who rushed to buy it on release day are bored with it.

I don't care about the S4 store. I have been trying to figure out how to not have to sign in to Origin every time I play. I didn't buy the game to be connected to some network. I bought it to play the sims.
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member

I don't see how people's reactions on the forums have anything to do with EA caring about money--they are two different things.

As for the devs coming here and asking for input and feedback, while it is nice, it also behooves them to do so. It helps them to improve their product which, hopefully, will result in more sales for the company they work for.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

If the game fails, it will be on its own demerits. No more, no less. Blaming a few naysayers who are a tiny, tiny fraction of the millions of gamers the world over is allowing them some mystical powers that they do not have. I know it's hard for some people to admit that TS4 is not "all that," but even quite a few people who rushed to buy it on release day are bored with it.

Strdlr9, you are right. If the game fails it is due to EA/Maxis and no one else. They made the game and they will have to deal with it either way for they turned the sims into. If it fails they need to take a hard look at what they did wrong, not as thought they care.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member

EA is a BUSINESS.

Darkling is RIGHT.

Its the way some of it works, but in the realm of entertainment opinion = profit.

I honestly don't think it will fail. But we will see in the long run. If people don't know themselves and what they like and are influenced by others, then I have nothing to say to them. I've learned a lot in my years. One of them is to have no expectations. The other is to appreciate every day.

• Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

I don't care about the S4 store. I have been trying to figure out how to not have to sign in to Origin every time I play. I didn't buy the game to be connected to some network. I bought it to play the sims.

If you disconnected from the internet, like take the wire out of the wall, would the game be playable?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • VonSimsVonSims Posts: 186 Member
    I guess this is one of those times you're thankful for not having the "Disagree" button.

Thats the case i am so agreeing to this, cause its missing many things that you had since Sims 3 Base Game. And we talking not about the missing Open World here.
    I won't repeat why i am can't play the Game yet. But if it stay this way i don't see a Future with me. Cause i bought a full priced Game and it shouldn't feel like a Beta for me.
    If EA/ Maxis just gives a Statement i would be more than glad about.
    So hopefully it will not fail more than it does already.

If you disconnected from the internet, like take the wire out of the wall, would the game be playable?

That's one thing I will be testing tomorrow on my day off.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2014

Well that has more to do with the people playing the game than what Sims 4 offers. I know people who got bored with Sims 1, 2, and 3 even with all their eps in place. Some people get bored with simulation games because they require a lot of imagination and your own ability to make the story. I know heavy gamers that would get bored with even the most awe inspiring simulations because there is not story unfolding for them before their eyes. Not everyone has the ability to make their own fun. That is more of who you are than the game in question.

I write stories in real life so have an endless imagination and I really have never gotten bored with any sims game. Having over 20 Sim playing family members (as high as 28 members in at least 1 or 2 of the Sims series - I have seen a new ep take a simmer happily through daily game playing until the next ep came out while other simmers in my family love the ep all of about 3 day to a week and then they are aching for a new ep. I think it more than just a coincidence that most of the easily bored are harder core gamers that play many of the first person shooters and other highly active fully scripted games from start to in often in less than a week or two and finishing the thing. The Sims has no beginning and no end and for your own characters very little script - and what script there is can be quickly overrided by the player intervening.

I also know 20 out of the 28 Simmers in my family have the Sims 4 since it came out. At least a ten of us are still playing the Sims 4 and enjoying it. The 10 that are not - 2 went back to Sims 3 as they are the ones who love "stuff", 3 went back to Sims 2 since they got the Ultimate Collection and were in the midst of adding CC and stuff when Sims 4 came out. Of the 5 left they are back in school and sort of busy with school and friends - and say they will come back to just Sims 4 when eps start. But they are just plain busy with real life.

8 did not buy the sims 4 - all because of being in College. at least 5 of them do not see any simming in their future - but the 3 youngest who are 1st year college students all say they want Sims 4 at least by Christmas.

It just goes to prove everyone is different and it has little to do with the game - but more to do with real life. I honestly have not heard any negativity about the Sims 4 from anyone (in my family) - not even the 8 who did not get it, as they had no plans to get any game period.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    I play offline with my router disconnected all the time, so... aye.
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    celestee wrote: »
    the-sims-3-sunlit-tides_004.jpg

yup, super ugly

You're comparing a very late expansion pack to a base game.

Sunlit Tides isn't an expansion pack. You're probably thinking of Island Paradise, which isn't the world shown in this picture.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

Kaike78 wrote: »

yup, super ugly

Sunlit Tides isn't an expansion pack. You're probably thinking of Island Paradise, which isn't the world shown in this picture.

Yepp its a Store Land? Can i say this sounds so wrong lol
  • abe70280abe70280 Posts: 519 Member
    Jongarakun wrote: »

lol no. Origin wont even open if you arent connected to the internet. to go offline on origin, you need to first connect to origin then "go offline" so .... NAY!

• VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member

yup, super ugly

Yepp its a Store Land? Can i say this sounds so wrong lol

Even if it is expansion material its still a previous work. I don't really understand the argument.

yup, super ugly

Your AV has a pudding face.

file.php?avatar=14010.gif

• mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    edited September 2014
    TS1mrandmrslampshade_zpscb34dc89.png

Representin...

tumblr_m3rc732DIy1qa30fjo1_500_zpsf8ab8c05.png
  • dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited September 2014
    I agree TS3 is soooooo ugly

sikeee...

Gmmov8T.gif
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited September 2014
    abe70280 wrote: »

lol no. Origin wont even open if you arent connected to the internet. to go offline on origin, you need to first connect to origin then "go offline" so .... NAY!
    Really? =o I get "Origin can't open in Online mode. Go Offline?" or some such message like that. I'll see if I can take a screenshot.

Edit: Yup.
    29dauh.jpg
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited September 2014
    abe70280 wrote: »

My internet went out Monday at around 1:00 am and I was able to open Origin (the pop-up window looked different and had a warning on it), log in (in default Offline Mode) and play the game. So, aye.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top