Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Went back to Sims 3... man now THAT game was ugly.

Comments

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Not everyone can afford to play on a desktop, with a good graphics. Laptops are more practical for a lot of people, and cost-effective.
    Ditto
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    I never said i hate the new Sims 4, its only problem for me now is, that lacks basic content/details. All in all i would cladly like to spent my time in TS4 too. Cause if they charge us for example Burglars, Police, Firefighter ect. i won't buy this stuff... its just not finished yet for me.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    TDU90 wrote: »
    I feel the same way.The sims and clothes are hideous.The furniture is awful too. I dont like the art style of ts3, too serious and boring for a sims game imo.

Both games have their good and bad, but I'll be honest. I can't stand the furniture in TS4. It all seems very bland and like plastic blocks. It's one of the things that ruins the environments for me.

Anyway, I still find TS3 to be a beautiful game. There are some things that I like about TS4, but that doesn't mean that I can't still find beauty in TS3.

IHJCfa6.jpg
    I love TS3 and like TS4. Is that implausible?
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member

Nonsense! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    deibreak wrote: »
    I don't get why people say something looks like Pixar as if that is an insult? Pixar animation is beautiful, the worlds they create always look amazing and are very detailed. I think saying the sims 4 looks like pixar is actually a compliment, and an undeserving one actually because the pixar worlds are way more detailed than the sims 4. I love the sims 4 but it doesn't have the detail of pixar, I wish it did though because that would be amazing.

s101_1_pub66.jpg

Brave_forest_render.jpg

cars5.jpeg

Screenshot_11_Planes.jpg

The sims 4 looks just like this! :p
    Yes, Pixar animation does look beautiful...in movies. Video games, not so much.

First of all, Pixar animation looks nothing like TS4. TS4 is way simpler.
    Now, why wouldn't Pixar animation (I am NOT talking about TS4 simple style here, but Pixar's) look good on videogames? Awesome physics, beautiful lighting job and a very recognizable style? Yes please! Actually, check some Pixar games out. Thay are very pretty, though not very original.
    If you think games need to have absolutely realistic graphics to be good, you are probably missing on a lot of good games. LoZ games are the first to come to my mind on that regard.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    DarkMirage wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    Have you played 4 @Cyron43?
    Nope just looking at those screenshots were reason enough for me to not waste my money on this.

Nuff said. Thank you.

I played it and I hated it. Nuff said. Thank you.
    Not everyone has the same opinion. Nuff said. Thank you.
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    Those pics are either doctored or you have one heck of a graphics card.
    Not really. I have an integrated graphics card and my game looks like that.
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png

Agreed, i see the Sims 4 as a Remake from TS2 so hopefully also a Open for Buisness Pack Remake haha.
    Alnairan wrote: »
    I don't get why people say something looks like Pixar as if that is an insult? Pixar animation is beautiful, the worlds they create always look amazing and are very detailed. I think saying the sims 4 looks like pixar is actually a compliment, and an undeserving one actually because the pixar worlds are way more detailed than the sims 4. I love the sims 4 but it doesn't have the detail of pixar, I wish it did though because that would be amazing.

s101_1_pub66.jpg

Brave_forest_render.jpg

cars5.jpeg

Screenshot_11_Planes.jpg

The sims 4 looks just like this! :p
    Yes, Pixar animation does look beautiful...in movies. Video games, not so much.

First of all, Pixar animation looks nothing like TS4. TS4 is way simpler.
    Now, why wouldn't Pixar animation (I am NOT talking about TS4 simple style here, but Pixar's) look good on videogames? Awesome physics, beautiful lighting job and a very recognizable style? Yes please! Actually, check some Pixar games out. Thay are very pretty, though not very original.
    If you think games need to have absolutely realistic graphics to be good, you are probably missing on a lot of good games. LoZ games are the first to come to my mind on that regard.
    Considering I have a 3DS, no.

I've never found movie animation/art styles to look as good in video games.
  • deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    lady8jane wrote: »
    I totally agree with @astridentanja about the wonderful "open world feeling" in TS3 and how great it was to discover the landscape in places like Aurora Skies or Dragon Valley.

On the other side I must admit that TS4 offers the same feeling at least in a limited way. Yesterday I took the time to explore the big park in Oasis Springs and it is REALLY big - in fact it is bigger than the city center of Barnacle Bay. Also some public spaces are big and beautiful - the river promenade around the gym and museum in OS is of non-pareil beauty and easily surpasses the whole "desert feeling" in Lucky Palms.

I wish for future EPs that many other types of giant park lots are introduced - beaches, places for horse and car races, shopping malls. Then I can live very well with the new worlds. And I agree with the OP - the worlds in TS3 are still nice, but it is impossible to go back to those Sims ...

The Guru's have already said that if they wanted to they could put in 100 X 100 lots. They have the ability to make the world huge without lag and all the problems of TS3 because of the lot to lot setup of the game. I just wonder if and when will they do it, because this game is great but is far from perfect. The game would be so improved if they added huge lots like you said and even put more than one venue on a single lot. I wonder if they could make split lot types, meaning it can be residential and community, that would open a lot of possibilities.

They also said that they can add more neighbourhoods to existing worlds, didn't they?

No, please provide the link. What the guru said was technically it was possible but more or less no they wouldn't. It depended on if they wanted to spend the time and resources.

@lady8jane Yes they did say that it was possible.
    @cinebar You correct that they never said they would/wouldn't, and it does come down to if they decide if it's feasible. They have added it to the list of wants for this game.
  • bamcam30bamcam30 Posts: 1,301 Member
    I do not want Ts4 to be anything like Ts3. Ts3 lost it's direction about being about the sims.

There's a fine line here. But I really hope they do not make this about CASt, and open world. That would destroy everything they've done to make this game what it is. And that's about being back to the sims.

I think they integrated the open feeling with the public areas just fine. I do not want s3 all over again. I already have that.

And TS4 didn't lose its way?
  • Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    The Sims 3, just by looking at all the pictures, is beautiful, but the trees and some other objects looks horrible. They look pixelly and gross.
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    Jongarakun wrote: »

Who said they did? Nuff said. Thank you.
  • ShanmarieShanmarie Posts: 1,236 Member
    Darkling wrote: »
    I love my "ugly" Sims 3. :)

14177151879_3df329c3d8_z.jpg

14245185407_4f41603b6c_z.jpg

14775850342_4b5a2e955e_z.jpg

14246883149_5b55b4b1df_z.jpg

Your graphics card must be the God of all graphics cards.

• VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    And they sure don't multi-task. It's one thing at a time.

Sims have been multitasking ever since 2. In TS3 you could play chess, talk, and listen to music at the same time.

TS4 improved the multitasking a little bit but that has caused me grief in some cases of my game, like my Sim walking upstairs with a plate of food to talk to another Sim on the toilet while they eat.

A little bit? I disagree, with the TS4 you can earn multiple skills at once, for example you are watching the cooking channel on TV and talking with another sim, raises your charisma and cooking...

This was already in TS 3 too dude

To be fair they did improve it a bit but it also often causes my Sims to do things I don't want them to, again.

2wn4aax.jpg

I like the good things that its added but its also added a little frustration to my game play at the same time.

OMG, does the woman hold the man as a hostage in her empty prison? Your Sims are really weird ;) .

They aren't that weird. I really like my TS4 Sims. Here they are on the top backyard balcony of their "empty prison."

zldd2t.jpg

Their "empty prison" is a work in progress since I'm not cheating.

24mb7gj.jpg

ekgjcy.jpg

As I said before I like the house you built. However, isn't it a little bit of a let down some of the décor houses look much better than the actual playable houses in the game. I found myself wanting to move my Sim across the street into one of those fake houses instead of the houses we could use in the game. lol

Well I plan on deleting all the houses and rebuilding new ones where I can.

The only thing that really teases me is wanting to go into those two cities in the backdrop.
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member

Something something. Nuff said. Thank you.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
    The Sims 3, just by looking at all the pictures, is beautiful, but the trees and some other objects looks horrible. They look pixelly and gross.

Hmm nope ? Looks fine by me, not pixelly at all ?
    9m7f9k9i.jpg
    Alnairan wrote: »

Something something. Nuff said. Thank you.

Nuff said. Thank you. :p

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    bamcam30 wrote: »
    I do not want Ts4 to be anything like Ts3. Ts3 lost it's direction about being about the sims.

There's a fine line here. But I really hope they do not make this about CASt, and open world. That would destroy everything they've done to make this game what it is. And that's about being back to the sims.

I think they integrated the open feeling with the public areas just fine. I do not want s3 all over again. I already have that.

And TS4 didn't lose its way?

If you are making implications toward the online vs offline kind of game then I don't know. I have only ever played offline kind of games. But to me, no, TS4 brought the sims back to what it was meant to be about. 3 was a bit of a detour. But it's back on track now.

*makes a square sandbox* *plays*

• Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Time to upgrade your computer and crank up them graphics if you think it's ugly, cause with everything on ultra, it looks darn nice :p
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
    Ralf453 wrote: »
    Time to upgrade your computer and crank up them graphics if you think it's ugly, cause with everything on ultra, it looks darn nice :p

Thats the case

Hmm nope ? Looks fine by me, not pixelly at all ?
    9m7f9k9i.jpg

Some people tried to play on a toaster. ;)
    Ralf453 wrote: »

Ultra and Low don't look much different with TS4 on my computer, so I play on Low (and laptop mode if that makes a difference).
  • reni344reni344 Posts: 362 Member
    I liked sims 3 but I never loved it because the focus in 3 was never about the sims you were playing it was all about the world which were really pretty but I felt let down having a very beautiful world but having robotic sims who couldn't really appreciate what was going on in the world around them.
    Sims 4 I enjoy because the focus is back on the sims. I think both sims 3 and sims 4 look very nice but in different aspects sims 3 worlds look great but sims not so much, sims 4 worlds are pretty also but the sims is where the game really shines. It all just depends on what your preference is.
  • Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    The problem is not if it looks nice or not,the problem with TS4 is that the franchise lost 89+ features and made the game widely sterile. This of course can be backed by telling how many people are returning the game and playing the sims 3 again,or looking somewhere else to have fun.

TS4 is an epic fail with big proportion,i think no game franchise has dropped the ball as big as EA with the SIMS

It is completely dissapointing
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top