Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where to find TS4 Sim geom/.obj files?

yo! I'm completely new to the whole modding thing but,
I've been learning alot about blender and would really like to start meshing for the sims 4

I know the game is still fairly new, so I think it might be a while before we can begin to mod like we could in the sims 3 and so on

but I was wondering... like in the sims 3,
there is a geom/.obj file of a sim that you can import into your 3d program and use as a template for making custom content.
I was wondering if the sims 4 has some sort of file of a base sim to work on yet?

sorry if I don't make sense, i'm fairly new and really don't know how to word this properly haha :s

but what I mean is... a sim template like this
MTS2_cmomoney_1202760_geomhair.jpg

where we can mesh things like clothes, hair etc.

would it be possible to do that at this stage?
ty for anyone who wants to help, also sorry for being confusing and a bit stupid AHA :s:s:s
karlpilkingtonplz.png?1

Comments

• Options
    cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
    There's no template - there are meshes for clothing, hair, etc. Each mesh is separate, one shape including the body and clothing. At this point you can only change the shape of a TS4 mesh and/or remove vertices, not add parts. If you want obj versions of the nude bodies, search for 'sintiklia sims 4 bodies'. (I can't post a link.)
    cmarNYC on MTS.
  • Options
    JennaBean93JennaBean93 Posts: 84 Member
    aa yess, I actually found sintiklias' files so I'll be messing around with those aha

ty for the help!
    karlpilkingtonplz.png?1
  • Options
    JennaBean93JennaBean93 Posts: 84 Member
    oo also, I've found a program called 'the sims 4 studio' which is really nice and lets you import ts4 meshes into blender

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?topic=3226.0
    karlpilkingtonplz.png?1