Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Sick of the "Trade Off" Excuse

Comments

• CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited September 2014
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Crackseed wrote: »
    If there is ever one thing I want from World Adventures to return (I think they could totally make enough cool content to justify an oriental themed EP) it would be Martial Arts.

The boxing is already pretty solid though doesn't have enough varied animations but it definitely showcases the fluidity of the engine.

If they do make a martial arts ep then they should make it like a sport ep where soccer, rugby, tennis etc are also in it.

This is a fantastic idea and proves why on a scale of 1 to 10, you are an 11.

Sports EP? Aww yiss. But if they leave Martial Arts out of it I will personally go down there and pelt a Guru or 10 with a hail of hardened NERF darts.

Edit: Sadly, they've already talked about how doing sports is difficult based on animation cost + how to prioritize WHAT sports to do given the wide appeal of Sims, having to pick what sport to do may not resonate with various regions.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Currently here's my list of things that are a huge improvement. Build mode, CAS, and the emotion system was actually implemented properly. The careers are quite cool too the requirements you have to meet in order to get a promotion. However i do wish there were more career options, such as the medical career, fireman etc. Those were my favorite careers.

They need to give babies a lifespan like 2-5 days, and they need to be aged up automatically. I like that we can't click on their portraits, so you have to think why is my baby crying etc. I want to be able to walk around with my baby like in TS3, go to a diner with my baby. Taking my baby on a stroll. I don't like having my baby confined to his or her crib.

I want CASt back, right now the colors that come with the game are only catered to people who like natural colors in their homes. I want aliens back. I want toddlers back, i want washing back. I want martial arts back.

I think Martial Arts will be back in a EP, but with the rest i feel the same.

If martial art ever come back, I want my sims to be able to use it to fight the burglar, provided the burglar is back too :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2014
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I'm not playing or building in TS3 right now. I'm just waiting for the price to drop or I find a job. :lol:
    Huh? Did you just say you sold TS3? :o

@Cryon43
    Lol~ Sorry! No, I'm waiting for TS4 price to drop. :blush:
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Currently here's my list of things that are a huge improvement. Build mode, CAS, and the emotion system was actually implemented properly. The careers are quite cool too the requirements you have to meet in order to get a promotion. However i do wish there were more career options, such as the medical career, fireman etc. Those were my favorite careers.

They need to give babies a lifespan like 2-5 days, and they need to be aged up automatically. I like that we can't click on their portraits, so you have to think why is my baby crying etc. I want to be able to walk around with my baby like in TS3, go to a diner with my baby. Taking my baby on a stroll. I don't like having my baby confined to his or her crib.

I want CASt back, right now the colors that come with the game are only catered to people who like natural colors in their homes. I want aliens back. I want toddlers back, i want washing back. I want martial arts back.

If martial art ever come back, I want my sims to be able to use it to fight the burglar, provided the burglar is back too :)

LOL - Cops show up "Well I guess we weren't needed since you judo chopped him and kept him in a choke hold for a full Sim hour..."
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    I'm not playing or building in TS3 right now. I'm just waiting for the price to drop or I find a job. :lol:
    Huh? Did you just say you sold TS3? :o

@Cryon43
    Lol~ Sorry! No, I'm waiting for TS4 price to drop. :blush:
    Oh phew! My goodness I was in shock for a moment. The Sims 3 community counts on you. *hugs*
    This space is for rent.
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hi :mrgreen:

I am too, actually. :(

Sorry to hear that Rflong. I know you loved the Open Worlds. On the bright side, there will be plenty of people playing your Sims 3 worlds for years to come! Have you ever considered making a Willow Creek world?

Hi :)

Thanks- that, sweet. :mrgreen:

It's not the open worlds that I loved, I enjoy and still play TS2. I love CAW in TS3 because I didn't really like or connect with the look of the Sims in TS3.
    So, you see, TS4 Sims would and do suit me more- it's the missing life stage/ghosts/family trees/backdrop looking world and the excuses which make me unhappy. Plus no world builder/editor. :D

#Gtompkins48

Yepp TS2 had them already in the Base Game, i checked it up yesterday and btw i do have a graphic bug when my sims in TS2 moving inside i see Black quarter under it. Really annoying, is it possible its cause i run the game with win7 but than i didn't have it last year.
    Edit its Offtopic now lol

It's from the way graphics cards have been changed- you just have to lower the shadows to medium to make it go away. In Options- Graphics/Performance Options. :)

Okay thank you very much it worked !

oqzddhlm.jpg
    sorry guys for Offtopic haha

LOL - Cops show up "Well I guess we weren't needed since you judo chopped him and kept him in a choke hold for a full Sim hour..."

I am the heroin of the night. Rest assure guys I will protect our neighbourhood from any bandito :p.

I am the heroin of the night. Rest assure guys I will protect our neighbourhood from any bandito :p.

Heroine my dear. Heroin just makes me think you're gonna lay there and let people sniff you real hard hoping to get high...

>.>
    y9UdOhq.png
    I just noticed that this thread has been moved to ideas and feedback section. This section is normally a grave for "unwanted" thread :P.

Heroine my dear. Heroin just makes me think you're gonna lay there and let people sniff you real hard hoping to get high...

>.>

This reminds me of the Pandabearrox signature :mrgreen: .

Now back to the topic.

I hope that by moving this thread to the ideas and feedback section, it means that they are listening or at least reading it :p, not because they want to get rid of it :(.

Man, EA makes me learn to be cynical.
    "Bite me once, shame on you. Bite me two or more times, shame on me" is a saying for a reason. I never give up hope, but even sometimes I get tired of waiting and throw in the towel (my ban on CoD for example)
    y9UdOhq.png
  • ExaeliaExaelia Posts: 41 Member
    I'm trying to stay strong and see what they have in store for us, but I'm horribly worried that we might be utterly disappointed; AGAIN.
    Exaelia wrote: »
    I'm trying to stay strong and see what they have in store for us, but I'm horribly worried that we might be utterly disappointed; AGAIN.

Personally, I'm not worried about being disappointed in the EPs content wise but I am VERY worried about the price points all post-launch content will demand.
    y9UdOhq.png
    Well truth to be told we can say with TS4 it will get much more EPs and Style Packs. We have seen it since TS1 they brought with every new Sims much more EPs and Packs into the Game, and after TS3 you know what i mean right ? We will spent at least 400-600 $ to get everything from TS4 lol
    I can generally handle EP price points for the most part *knocks on wood* but I feel like their DLC packs are generally ridiculously costly for how little they add.

I mean when they added that dragon world for Sims 3? I just balked at the cost to unlock the world then tag in other stuff necessary for it.
    y9UdOhq.png
    edited September 2014
    Well truth to be told we can say with TS4 it will get much more EPs and Style Packs. We have seen it since TS1 they brought with every new Sims much more EPs and Packs into the Game, and after TS3 you know what i mean right ? We will spent at least 400-600 $ to get everything from TS4 lol

Are you kidding ? $ 400-600 is too cheap :p.

I have spent $$$$ on the EPs, SPs, and store contents for TS3, and I don't even own all of them.

Edited to add :

If I ever like TS4 from the beginning, I think I will spend double on what I have spent on TS3 (shudder).
    Yeah Store Items, thats since TS3 one hell of a money sucker lol
  • Gtompkins48Gtompkins48 Posts: 477 Member
    Well, it looks like the mods have sent this thread to death-row, ahem, "Ideas and Feedback."

Censorship FTL.
    what happend ?
    Censorship would be nuking your thread out of existence - here at least it can still generate views/discussion, albeit I dunno how "viewed by devs" this section may be >.>
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Gtompkins48Gtompkins48 Posts: 477 Member
    Censorship would be nuking your thread out of existence - here at least it can still generate views/discussion, albeit I dunno how "viewed by devs" this section may be >.>

Threads get moved to Ideas and Feedback because nobody goes there. It's not nuking the thread, but it might as well be.

Threads get moved to Ideas and Feedback because nobody goes there. It's not nuking the thread, but it might as well be.

Small victories - it's still alive, even if it's now in the forum bermuda triangle >.>
    y9UdOhq.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Wow, they moved this thread to the dead zone, good one EA.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    They're moving a lot of threads.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Wow, they moved this thread to the dead zone, good one EA.

We must not let it fade into obscurity!
    y9UdOhq.png