Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre Teen concept art

Comments

• AnshinAnshin Posts: 446 Member
    I wish Sims 4 had gradual aging.
    This is the game that never ends
    Yes, it goes on and on, my friends
    Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
    And they′ll continue playing it forever just because ...
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Shanmarie wrote: »
    The outfits are so ugly.

I'm sure there will be more outfits, it is only a drawing.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    A pre-teen stage could give additional time to work on childhood aspirations, but they'd be able to start on adult skills once they maxed out the child skills (like once Motor was maxed out they could work on Fitness). They could still play with kids toys and on the playground equipment, but they'd get embarrassed if a peer caught them doing it.
    gayars wrote: »
    Preteens could even fit in, in jr high in school as opposed to grade school and high school, and they could be like 10 to 12 , then the teens could be the 13 to 18 category. I would love a preteen category along with a toddler one! Frankly I would also like a preschooler one as well but that is just me :)

Maybe preschoolers instead of toddlers? Instead of having to teach them to walk and talk and use the potty, they'd already be able to do that, but would still be apt to get into trouble, but would be able to get a head start on child skills; they wouldn't pick an aspiration but they could use the drawing table to do scribbles, maybe have a small toy piano or drum, or the Sims 3 peg box for Mental.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    hmm pre-teen but no toddlers. sure why not.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • marioXtremomarioXtremo Posts: 1,773 Member
    OMG! Keep this thread alive until ALL THE GURUS READ IT! Pre-teens! <3
    She looks a little shorter than a teen, so yes, I think she is a pre-teen! :D
    Hmm. I would like pre-teens. As some people said previously, I would almost prefer them to have a younger teen (14-16) and ditch the current adult-like teens. Toddlers would be great too.

These teens are 15-17, so...
  • kjoneskjones Posts: 832 Member
    I think pre teen is maybe the wrong age group. A young/ pre adolescent (12-14 ) is more what I would like to see. I really like the girl in the concept so if they want to classify them as pre teens then fine. Call them what you will, but they would be a great addition to the game in my opinion.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited September 2014
    Pre-teens as age is nice, abd needed seem the teens are almost YA
    but only I will accept pre-teens, if teens can WooHoo

PD: after all, toddlers and pre-teens are for more realistic life cycle, right?
  • deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    Pre-teens would be so amazing! The middle school age doesn't last for long and is a pretty awkward stage in life but it's still a part of life. I don't think pre-teens are necessary but I do think it would be interesting to have and they would be a fun addition to the game.
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Hmm. I would like pre-teens. As some people said previously, I would almost prefer them to have a younger teen (14-16) and ditch the current adult-like teens. Toddlers would be great too.
    14-16 would be great, as well as toddlers! The teens we have now are no different from YA and Adults, except they go to school instead of having a job.

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I know the last pic models a sim from the online version first.

So people want babies, toddlers, preteens, teens, young adult, adult, elders? Seems like way too many stages. I understand toddlers and shorter teens.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited September 2014
    If they do preteens (coooool beans) but if they do preteens and no toddlers (ohmigosh I'm gonna be burning something down! lol).

I like the teen drawing a lot though. Cute shoes! lol
  • TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    Those sure look like drawings of teens to me.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • greenapplesgreenapples Posts: 37 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Pre-teens as age is nice, abd needed seem the teens are almost YA
    but only I will accept pre-teens, if teens can WooHoo

PD: after all, toddlers and pre-teens are for more realistic life cycle, right?

I read a thread a while back, that teens form of woohoo is fooling around. A player said when their teens age up..the fooling around the teens
    did counted as woohoo as adult. Having played the game yet, so I don't know how true that is.
    I know the last pic models a sim from the online version first.

So people want babies, toddlers, preteens, teens, young adult, adult, elders? Seems like way too many stages. I understand toddlers and shorter teens.

Yup and i'm one of those ppl. I don't think those are too many life stages, especially when specific unique interactions is added into each life stage. This is about as close to gradual aging as the game will get.
  • ToriKelleyToriKelley Posts: 119 Member
    I don't mind the teens being the same height as the YA/A's, but that could be because I was a head taller than my mother by 14 years old. LOL I would love a slightly shorter, pre-teen version and of course, toddlers back...because it's weird to go from baby to 7-8 year old then to a 15-16 year old.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    Toddlers and pre-teens would be awesome...... And who ever said different skin tones for all ages, is wonderful! To me the teens in this game could pass for college students...... So teens a little younger would be nice! Then I could make the Totally Spies, era seasons 1-4!
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    This may very well be the teens concept art, before they saw the'd have no time to make teens and just tweaked young adult CAS parameters.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Can someone please explain the appeal of pre-teens? They really are no different from teens at all.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Can someone please explain the appeal of pre-teens? They really are no different from teens at all.

Well, TS4 teens are basically young adults. So, you jump from 8 to 18. Too jarring.
  • Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member
    You know, EA is always going on and on about new features, and 'never before seen interactions!' and new concepts, yet the fact that they can't create a pre-teen is annoying especially with toddlers removed. I feel the age jumps are way too far apart. From baby to child to teen to young adult? I can't even tell the difference between a Sims 4 teen and young adult! I had to click the two eight times to finally notice a SLIGHT change. Basically I see it as from baby to child to teen to adult since the difference there is barely alive.
    4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Sims Vip is a bigger gossip and detective than the police in my area...
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited September 2014
    This concept art was made for The Sims Olympus, the prototype of TS4 when it was originally planned to be online. I think that picture you put in the post is of teens, not preteens.

Here's how I know it's from Olympus:

033GsQL.jpg
    Image taken from the SimsVIP Flickr album, the same place where you got the "preteen pic"

11.png
    Sims Olympus female in-development pic

12.png
    Sims Olympus male in-development pic
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    I would rather they add toddlers before preteens but the concept art is cute for them if its true.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif