March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• TwilaniteTwilanite Posts: 53 Member
    @KitOnlyHuman Thanks! I'll have to double check the format but glad it no longer HAS to be Jpeg. :)
  • pixsidust2pixsidust2 Posts: 330 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #: 1
    Forum ID: pixsidust2
    Origin ID: pixsidust
    Sim: Gwendolyn Baker
    Office: Oasis Business Park
    Link to entry slideshow: Baker Design
    Entry Details:

xxN3b0h.png

Oasis Business Park was designed and built by the Baker Design Office run by Gwendolyn Baker and her partner Rose Culver. The buisness park is home to multiple businesses including the main office for Baker Design. Other businesses on the lot include Mike's Micro Gym, DinoMite Play Zone, and Irma's Internet Lab.
    Lot size- 40x30
    Value- $216,860
    2 public restrooms, 4 large business offices, 1 small "cafe"
    (Gwendolyn can be found by herself or with her partner Rose under the name "BuildnShare Partners" Also please ignore the low quality of my pictures. >.< My computer can't run the game on very high settings.)
    Credit for CC/Recolors: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolors you used in your entry)

((EDIT: Apparently my origin id doesnt have the 2 at the end... >.< go figure.))
    Post edited by pixsidust2 on
    Origin ID: pixsidust
    Find me on FB: Pixsi Sims

tumblr_m6rsylPvKg1rziwwco1_500.gif
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited September 2014
    Wow, look at all these awesome entries!!!

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE # : 1
    Building Firm and Representative

FORUM ID : Rostri-Jodu
    ORIGIN ID : rostrijodu
    ForForumPostHeader_zpsc7ef0f0e.jpg
    SIM : Rick Remington
    OFFICE : Rick's Respit & Recept

PRESENTATION :
    Let the show begin!

GALLERY DETAILS :
    ForForumPost1_zps8556c1e6.png
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS : N/A

Wow what an awesome entry @Rostri-Jodu, but please can you stick to the format provided for your entry form, collating all the entries is a mammoth task when they are all identical :wink:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    So very sorry about that! This is my first time entering. I guess I got swept up in the excitement of it all. My entry has been downgraded. It won't happen again.

Cheers,
    A B-N-S Newbie
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    So very sorry about that! This is my first time entering. I guess I got swept up in the excitement of it all. My entry has been downgraded. It won't happen again.

Cheers,
    A B-N-S Newbie

No worries @Rostri-Jodu, it was an awesome entry!! Thanks for editing your original entry form and I hope you stay and enjoy B'n'S :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    UN-OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Lebanna wrote: »
    onikisu wrote: »
    Question: Is it the midnight before or after Wednesday noon? Because 12:00 am can be after Tuesday noon and before Wednesday noon and will still be called Wednesday, 12:00.

that would be after Wednesday noon :) for me, in the European time zone, this usually means Thursday morning really early

This is correct right? Just to make sure I can post my entry on time. I already finished the build and uploaded it into the gallery. I also took my screenshots in-game, but I have to assemble the slideshow and still experimenting on what to use for it, plain OneDrive or a PowerPoint presentation, as it should view in the browser just fine for everyone, but I have no experience with it, so if someone does, please enlighten me.

I looked up the time, and 17 September at midnight CMT should be 18 September at 02:00 (very early!) as I live in Belgium. If someone can verify...
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #1
    Forum ID: countrykris1play
    Origin ID: LotusCo
    Sim: Katharine Lotus
    Office: Lotus, Co
    Link to slideshow:
    Sim
    Lot

01.png
    Entry Details:
    • 30x20 Residential Lot
    • Value: 155,718
    • Building Style: Contemporary/Modern
    • Was built in Willow Creek.
    • Converted Garage: Wating room, Restroom, Reception desk, Main office.
    • Main Floor: Open concept living room, dinning room, and kitchen. One half bathroom.
    • Second Floor: Master bedroom and bath.
    Credit for CC/Recolors: N/A
    Post edited by countrykris1play on
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #: 1 Building Firm and Representative
    Forum ID: Twilanite
    Origin ID: Juniperfair
    Sim: Lana Vaughn
    Office: Twila Estates

Link to entry slideshow: http://s152.photobucket.com/user/Midnighttwilight/slideshow/Sims%204/Twila%20Estates

Entry Details: 20x15 Residential Lot, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bathrooms (one might be a half?), 1 Level, Price $41,587, Willow Creek

Lana Vaughan is the Personal Assistant of Twilanite and Caretaker of Twila Estates. I thought she may like her own little home addition to the Office. Its my own take on things that belong in a Sim home. It has a front porch that enters into the living room area. The kitchen is next to the small dining area. The bathroom and as well as the main bedroom is off of the dinning area. It's a small but quaint house. The office is meant to non gender specific and be cozy as well as inviting. I am no landscaper but put a tree and some flowers to decorate the yard a bit without trying to over do it specifically in front of the Office. And some things to me just don't look right for this type of lot.

Lana Vaughan is a Young Adult seeking her way in the world. She is Cheerful, Good, Self-Assured, and a Quick Learner. She came to Twila Estates seeking employment. She applied and after a lot of consideration landed the job. As a additional benefit she also was given a place to call home. She now spends time practicing her typing skills when she has an off moment and dealing with clients requests for homes. When she is not tucked away behind her desk she likes to go for a leisurely stroll in the park. She always wears a smile rain or shine and feels good about helping others.

Additional Note: I am not happy with the clutter nor where I could place it. There are some specific things I felt SHOULD be there but I didn't have or the item/s wouldn't go where I wanted them to go. And please try to imagine the pencil holder as Professional one cause I do not have ANY career unlock items. But the rest I am mostly overall happy with. So please keep this in mind when you judge my lot. Thanks!

Credit for CC/Recolors: None
    Post edited by Twilanite on
  • BarbieofBorgBarbieofBorg Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and past into your entry post)
    Forum ID: BarbieofBorg
    Origin ID: barbieofborg
    Sim: (Name where Sim can be found with on The Gallery) Mariposa Chrysalis
    Office: (Name where the Build can be found with on The Gallery) Mariposa Design
    Link to entry slideshow: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by) I have not been around long enough to post links www.slideshare.net/BarbieofBorg/challenge1-39194701
    Entry Details: Mariposa Design is a home office with office on the first floor and apartament upstairs.
    Credit for CC/Recolors: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolors you used in your entry) No CC
    Post edited by BarbieofBorg on
    > @BarbieofBorg said:
    > Link to entry slideshow: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by) I have not been around long enough to post links www.slideshare.net/BarbieofBorg/challenge1-3919470

I'm having the same trouble which is silly since I been around since Sims 1 was out and defiantly got Sims 3 when it was first released but yet somehow I'm considered new also.... Annoying :/
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Until you acquire 50 points in this forum (which you can do by commenting, getting likes, etc) you can not post pictures or links. This was a provision that was adopted early on when there were some that came on to share very nasty pics/links. You will get there in no time. I'll like your post to get you on your way. I had to do this too.
    edited September 2014
    > @Rawla said:
    > Until you acquire 50 points in this forum (which you can do by commenting, getting likes, etc) you can not post pictures or links. This was a provision that was adopted early on when there were some that came on to share very nasty pics/links. You will get there in no time. I'll like your post to get you on your way. I had to do this too.

Thankyou!!!!

Edit: Also makes sense as to why.

And looking I have 48 so I'm close.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    You should be at 50 now. :)
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

Forum ID: BryonyRae
    Origin ID: BryonyRae
    Sim: BryonyRae (search for Rae or #bryscreations)
    Office: Reflections Design Studio
    Link to entry slideshow: http://s916.photobucket.com/user/SFsimpics/slideshow/Sims4/Building/Reflections%20Design%20Studiofrontextnight_zps3f3bf792.jpg
    Note: for best results with the slideshow, I suggest pausing it and just paging through on your own.

Entry Details:

Lot size: 30x20
    Lot type: Museum
    Price: $63,531

Description:
    Reflections Design Studio - "When you look into the design, the design also looks into you!" This build is a riff on the Reflections Gym & Spa I built for TS3. I've been a bit obsessed with mirrors and reflectivity since originally seeing this home, which was what led me to build the gym. I got reinspired in TS4 after seeing the amazing shard house. I also adore modern architecture and really open and light spaces, so I tried to combine those loves in this build. For starting on a whim a few days ago, I'm really pleased with how it came out.

Credit for CC/Recolors: None used
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #1 Building firm & representative
    Forum ID: Don_Oello
    Origin ID: Don_Oello
    Sim: Bobic Bouwovitsj
    Office: Bobic Bouwovitsj Designs
    Link to entry slideshow: (I have to be around for a little while longer before I can post links?)
    s283.photobucket.com/user/El_Oello/slideshow/TS4%20BnS%20challenge%201

Entry Details:

This is my first entry to any challenge ever, so here it goes.
    This Dutch Simmer is proud to present to you Bobic Bouwovitsj Designs, an office at home with its resident and representative Bobic bouwovitsj.
    this is my first ever build since my Sims3 Tester Office found at TS3 Don_Oello's Showcase. The building style is somewhat comparible

Now I'm ready to upgrade my building skills and any constructive critic is appreciated, only 1 thing to keep in mind: I'm not fond of reading a big wall of text, so space it out a bit. thank you
    Post edited by Don_Oello on
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    @Don_Oello hello fellow Dutchie!
    Tip for your link, try posting it without the http:// part :) or leave a message on our Facebook page :) www.facebook.com/buildnshare
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • anniepksanniepks Posts: 561 Member
    I am having an impossible time with PIcasa, so I tried photobucket and no luck there either. Can anyone help? I can't upload my Sims4 pictures.
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    I use Photobucket, Annie. What problem are you having with it?
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #: 1 - Building firm and Representative
    Forum ID: DieterPrivate
    Origin ID: DieterPrivate
    Sim: Geerts, Dieter Geerts (I didn't know how to upload a sim alone)
    Office: DWorks Architecture
    Link to entry slideshow: I hope this works. If not, please let me know and I'll make it in another format.
    Entry Details: As all of the details are in the slideshow, I'll just give a short description here:
    I'm Dieter and I created my simself to represent the firm. Not that I look exactly this way, but it's heavily based on me, especially my personality ;). As for the firm building, I went with a showroom, both exterior and interior, so that customers can get a glimpse of what's possible. The second floor is our office where all the magic happens. (I feel me repeating...) I made it a museum lot, as sims will be looking, inspecting, admiring, ... the creations found there, plus it will be useful for other players that way.

Credit for CC/Recolors: Didn't use any.

Build-n-Share%20001.png

Experience: I'm very happy with The Sims 4. The build tools are very fluid and it didn't take that much time to getting used to them. I really love it though I miss CASt and some fine grained control over things, like floor tiles etc. I also really like the visual style. Yes it's more 'cartoony', if you can call it that way, but that's what makes it beautiful. And in general, I like games with non-realistic visuals better. I also have encountered one bug: When starting my game all gates didn't hung in their fences, I had to grab and let go of them to solve it. ;) As I have been mostly building, I can't say a lot about live mode, but while playing on the lot, I really have said 'wow' several times. And that's not as a reference to another game I once played, but because of the multitasking and new emotions in it. The sims really feel alive now! Guess I have to try out live mode more, I might love it too. As a reference, I almost never played live mode in previous sim games, always building....

Oh, and thanks for still doing these challenges, one of the main reasons I already bought this. Feeling happy again.
    @DieterPrivate : Your slideshow worked as it should. Well done!
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #1 Building firm & representative
    Forum ID: pammiechick
    Origin ID: pammiechick
    Sim: Pammie Chick
    Office: Chick Properties

Link to entry slideshow: s259.photobucket.com/user/pamcalvert/slideshow/Sims%204?sort=3 (I'm new so no links in here!)

Entry Details:

I'm a total NOOB!!!

This is a modern office with entryway/receiving room, private office, and bathroom downstairs. Upstairs is for recreation/entertaining clients which includes workout room, bar, entertainment area. There are doors to the outside to get fresh air. In the back is a cozy sitting area and fountain.

The sim is based on me and my aesthetic. Hope you can access the link.

And btw, I'm humbled by you all!!! :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited September 2014
    You should be at 50 now. :)

I'll check and Thanks much! Your all wonderful people and I hope to get to know and make a few friends along the way :)

Edit: Yup I got 54 so I can correct the link and mayyyybe post a pic if it works..... TY Again!

Edit Again: Unable to get a pic to work at this point but just happy to have the link to be a FULL link. :)
  • anniepksanniepks Posts: 561 Member
    @ByronyRae - It won't drag & drop my pictures. I don't know what to do.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top