Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New official concept art confirmed! (Beach world, Restaurants etc).

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
The designer for The Sims 4 usually has his portfolio on private, but we're able to see all his work for the Sims
Some sites were able to grab these images before he made it private, but they didn't know if they were for The Sims 4 or not.

Now we know. Are you excited? [We already have some of the content].

http://tonyianiro.carbonmade.com/

I want tha beach world!!

Comments

• Options

They have even started designing the beach shacks! xD
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    If those rowboats are more than just decoration, I'd be happy. I doubt they would be though.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    SimMommy05 wrote: »
    If those rowboats are more than just decoration, I'd be happy. I doubt they would be though.

The rowboats are already inspired in Willow Creek.
    To be clear, the "paintings" were made to inspire new worlds. The "sketches" and "rendering" are the result.

If that makes sense.

So the first six photo's in the set were made for "inspiration". When you get to the Steamboat, that's when the "Final" sketches and render's appear.

I should have said that in the OP :)
  • Options

I really hope the beach world is first, and that other world is second.

But it seems they have no plans for a City world just yet :(
  • Options
    esiobhanesiobhan Posts: 39 Member
    It looks more European than "beachy" to me except the third pic looks like oasis springs. Or rather something that belongs there. There was a hot tub in ine pic.
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    Interesting stuff...the first one looks just like a Cinque Terre village in Italy.
  • Options
    esiobhan wrote: »
    It looks more European than "beachy" to me except the third pic looks like oasis springs. Or rather something that belongs there. There was a hot tub in ine pic.

True. But there could be the city area (European) and then a more beachy area (since they have made beach shacks).

Also, there is a beach which is what I'm most excited for. The beaches in The Sims 4 will be MUCH busier than the Empty beaches of The Sims 3.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    Yeah, that world definitely looks more like a European city than anything beachy. Not that I'd object to a world inspired by Amsterdam or Venice, with canals and docks. I'd love the Tudor world too...

I bet we'll have to pay for them.
  • Options
    rachvid_rachvid_ Posts: 117 Member
    Interesting. My Ezio Auditore would look great in that European one. >.> I would really enjoy that.
  • Options
    DimitraGDimitraG Posts: 136 Member
    Wow, that first picture was breathtaking. It looks like a village on some mediterranean island, and since i'm greek, i have my fingers crossed to see something like this in the game!
    2sam69h.jpg
  • Options
    Blueboy2323Blueboy2323 Posts: 179 Member
    I can't wait to pay 3 quarters the price of the base game for hot tubs.
    p3herocutin0mj8n.png
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    You know... I made a prediction yesterday:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12667313/#Comment_12667313

I will be giggling like crazy if my prediction pans out XD
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    Are you sure those are "new" pieces of artwork. I'm fairly certain I saw all of those exact works months and months ago. I thought the coastal city was just another of the paintings made in planning out the Willow Creek world. Maybe it's stuff that is still on the planning board, but I don't think anything is specifically recent.
  • Options
    DimitraGDimitraG Posts: 136 Member
    edited September 2014
    Actually, i think i've found what they must have used as a reference picture in that first drawing:

cinque_terre_vernazza.jpg

I mean look, even that church looks almost the same
    2sam69h.jpg
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I agree with ruthless, it looks exactly like a Cinque Terre village in Italy.
  • Options
    Aoralys wrote: »
    Are you sure those are "new" pieces of artwork. I'm fairly certain I saw all of those exact works months and months ago. I thought the coastal city was just another of the paintings made in planning out the Willow Creek world. Maybe it's stuff that is still on the planning board, but I don't think anything is specifically recent.

New as in they aren't used in the game, and we didn't know if they were for the Sims 4. People guessed.

Now we know all of them are.
  • Options
    lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
  • Options
    I can't wait to pay 3 quarters the price of the base game for hot tubs.

You won't though, and you know it. Most things like that are patched free into the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    lady8jane wrote: »

That was a painting to inspire the final project.

The paintings are not what is coming to the game!! The sketches after are!
    Don't get them twisted, or you'll be disappointed :p
  • Options
    JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    sogoodgif
  • Options
    NobleenoughNobleenough Posts: 71 Member
    I'm 97% sure that the majority of those images are concepts for Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. I remember seeing a few of them months back. The beach houses MAY be something they're working on, but I think it's much more likely that they were a concept they played around with in development before learning that swimming is currently not possible plus time limitations. Same with the hot tub in the Oasis Springs house concept.

I HOPE that those beach houses, and a lot of things from these concepts (especially those tudors!) make it into the game, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    Makes me think of Venice. Gorgeous.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Those Alsatian houses...

*grabby hands*
  • Options
    Gtompkins48Gtompkins48 Posts: 477 Member
    What bothers me is that we have all this beautiful artwork for worlds that do not exist. The medieval looking one had an in-game screenshot associated with it as well, so where is it? I hope they release this world ASAP because I'm going to run out of lots soon.
  • Options
    nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2014
    They are beautiful paintings nonetheless, and it certainly gives us something to think/hope about for expansions.
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.