Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two of the same Sims appearing on same lot?

I went to the bar and found a copy of my Sim. Then I went to the gym and found another copy of another sim I made. Is anyone experiencing this bug? It only seems to happen to Sims I create.

Comments

• Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Ah the evil clone glitch.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Did you make multiple copies of a family to edit small details? Cause when I have families not played, but attempted to move in or whatever they tend to appear around town.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • JaylinaJaylina Posts: 256 Member
    Yeah, I made a male sim to play solo. I evicted him. I then made a female and added him in cas to make a couple. While playing this couple, his copy was walking down the block lol. Same clothes and everything.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I believe the game draws from your library to populate the town. That's probably in part why you see duplicate sims. They are your sims.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • max9119123max9119123 Posts: 307 Member
    Did you make multiple copies of a family to edit small details? Cause when I have families not played, but attempted to move in or whatever they tend to appear around town.

I did evict them once but I thought it deleted them. I wanted to start over with those Sims but didn't want to start a new game. I edited some of the houses too much to add some of the special content from premium. So I didn't want to start over. ;-;
    Jaylina wrote: »
    Yeah, I made a male sim to play solo. I evicted him. I then made a female and added him in cas to make a couple. While playing this couple, his copy was walking down the block lol. Same clothes and everything.

I pretended one was a evil twin but I don't want a copy of every Sims I made. :/
    Mylita wrote: »
    I believe the game draws from your library to populate the town. That's probably in part why you see duplicate sims. They are your sims.

Mylita

I don't like how the game makes another copy of the Sims when you either start another file or when editing those Sims. Well my game does that even if I tell it to overwrite. .-.
    Easy solution is to go into te library or 'manage households' [or whatever] and delete unneeded households (duplicateS)
    Easy solution is to go into te library or 'manage households' [or whatever] and delete unneeded households (duplicateS)

I just did that. >-< I wish I could find where the extra's are living. So I can get rid of them.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I chalk it up to working as intended.... The Sims 4... Weirder Stories.

Haha, but yeah I've had the same thing happen already.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    How awkward must that be if a sim saw a clone of themselves walking around...
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    AstroX1424 wrote: »
    How awkward must that be if a sim saw a clone of themselves walking around...

I figure next time I'll pretend I have a doppelganger from the Vampire Diaries and attempt to kill it.
    OJGRGDT.gif
    max9119123 wrote: »

I just did that. >-< I wish I could find where the extra's are living. So I can get rid of them.

They don't live anywhere I believe deleting them removes them. I could be wrong.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I have the same problem and I have posted it here, I did not know this one existed http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14271952#Comment_14271952
  • goldman098goldman098 Posts: 2 New Member
    I know this is a super old thread but I still play the game and wanted to say that my sim became best friends with their clone while I had a different active household
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have to be doubly careful, because I reused a Sim model (my avatar) in a different save, as one of my founders. The Sim was a gift from the randomizer, and I really like him. But so far his genetics are REALLY strong - all three of his sons resemble him more than his (admittedly less distinctive) spouse. So I need to keep Lane out of that save, and especially out of the family line, or I'll end up populating the world with clones. :D
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top