Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FIXED My sim is at home but still has the work icon, help.

Addicted2FashionAddicted2Fashion Posts: 507 Member
So my sim got back from work, but the work icon didn't change back. I can't see the needs etc. I already tried to reset him, but it didn't remove the at work icon. How can I fix this?
2dlpsog.png

Post edited by Addicted2Fashion on

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Try taking another sim to another lot, click on the glitched sim's icon and click to go home. That should fix it.
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    There is also another thread with some possible solutions Here.
  • Addicted2FashionAddicted2Fashion Posts: 507 Member
    There is also another thread with some possible solutions Here.
    Thank you! I did not see this one yet! I'll try it all out :)
    2dlpsog.png

@colton147 Tried it, did not work. But thank you!
    2dlpsog.png

edited September 2014
    I would only try the last bit if you really have to but plop all of the stuff in their inventory on the home lot and save a copy of it. Don't think there's much to do about the relationships though.
    @thegreenlion Yea I tried everything.. And I don't want to start all over with their relationships and carreers. :#
    2dlpsog.png

• JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Yep I have this issue too. Thankfully it's with a sim I really don't care for much anyways. I've done the "leave early" action but you have to do it every day so it's not really a solution. I thought it was going great but then he got FIRED. Even though he did all of his assignments and was doing well at his job. After that I was like "sc.rew this" and abandoned him. He can take care of himself...I hope they're working on this =/
  • BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    Did you try going to manage worlds then back again?
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
    Also maybe try saving and quitting/reloading if that hasn't already made it to your list of stuff to try.
    @jeanbaby4 Leaving work early doesn't work, I do get paid every time I use this interaction (I even got a promotion after a few times).
    @babisko Already tried manage worlds..
    @thegreenlion currently restarting the game again from another lot :)
    2dlpsog.png

Restarting the game from another lot fixed the problem. Thanks for the help :)
    2dlpsog.png

edited September 2014
    @jeanbaby4 Leaving work early doesn't work, I do get paid every time I use this interaction (I even got a promotion after a few times).
    @babisko Already tried manage worlds..
    @thegreenlion currently restarting the game again from another lot :)

But it does work for me. Well..I mean work in the sense that it solves the problem temporarily.
    Try the other alternatives. Crinrict made a post about this with solutions in his/her bugthread. There were a couple of other solutions there too.

EDIT: Here's the link to that btw. In case you want to try. http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Common-Sims-Icons-staying-grey-after-coming-back-from-work/m-p/3446165
    Restarting the game from another lot fixed the problem. Thanks for the help :)

Really?? I might try that too then :3
  • AshcarrAshcarr Posts: 383 Member
    Random question, does your sim have the noncommittal trait?
    2dlpsog.png

• bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    I was having the same issue as this, all I did was have the Sim that was supposedly still at work, travel to another lot and that seemed to have fixed the problem.
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • StealthSNAKEStealthSNAKE Posts: 7 New Member
    Im having the same issue with my best sim and its doing this for days tried so many things 😅😅
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2019
    This happened to me today too. I ended up exiting the game without saving. :(
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Bug reports or technical issues belong to Answers HQ, so I'm closing this discussion. For more information, please, check this message.

Looks like the issue you are experiencing is the same that's being discussed here: 'Sim Home from Work but icon still grey' - I'd recommend joining that thread and/or using the 'Me too' button.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top