March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    I discovered a neat-o trick that can help my fellow challengers on photo shoots of their builds.

While I was playing my legacy sim (separated from my Designer Sim), I was testing to see if I could use a button to switch between sims. The test failed but it also succeeded in finding the best way to get photo shoots. Soon as I realized this, I had to test it out. So here is how it is done!
    • Be in Live Mode (have not tested this in Build Mode) and get your camera into a spot that you think will give the best view of the room or object you are shooting.
    • Have the Walls Up to better display the room
    • Click the Tab button! Suddenly you can swing the camera around in just that one spot. Once you have just the right angle, take the photo and click Tab again to have free moving camera.
    I plan on using this on my next build, since I have already entered my post.
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    @celdysOn: Thx for this tip! Never been good at taking images in The Sims.
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #: 1
    Forum ID: OrangePlumbob
    Origin ID: OrangePlumbob
    Sim: Rhys Rivers
    Office: Orange Oasis Designs
    Link to entry slideshow: http://orangeplumbob.tumblr.com/post/97209416051/build-n-share-week-1
    Entry Details:
    09-10-14_10-40c2a0PM.png.jpg?o=1&res=11&cdn=ec&p=y&pid=426637&ph3=yr2jf0hz4xst4jxpbf2riu5ya4omzn55&d=AAAA7AgPmcAAAAAAA0aYEoF
    Lot Size: 30x20
    Lot Type: Generic Community Lot
    Price: 93,622
    2 Offices
    1 Bath
    Lobby
    Loft Area
    Contains Unlocked Career Items and Sims 3 Plumbob Lamps
    Credit for CC/Recolors: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolors you used in your entry)
    Rhys's: Light Brown Hair Chest Hair
    Girl: Doctor Who Shirt
  • KhariiKharii Posts: 66 Member
    I'm so glad to see this up and running in The Sims 4! I haven't played in a Build-N-Share since pretty early in The Sims 3, but I'd love to jump back in and start from the beginning here. Gotta go plan my build now! Hehehe!
  • ttribble33ttribble33 Posts: 1 New Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Forum ID: tribblet33
    Origin ID: tribblet33
    Sim: Knight
    Office: Liberty Design Co.
    Link to entry slideshow: imgur.com/a/NQJt0#0
    Entry Details: This home office is set on a 30x20 lot. It is a two story building that features an open style garage. The main floor is where you will find the office of Liberty Design Company. It features the reception/waiting room, a restroom, and the main office behind a glass wall. The second floor is J.J. Knight's open floor plan apartment. It features a kitchen and eating area, a living room, bedroom, and master bathroom. There are two accessible balconies both in the front and the rear of the house. I gave this build a very modern look as Knight specializes in modern design. I'm probably in the beginner tier of building as i don't know to many secrets.
    Can I go back and edit my house and slide show or is it too late since I posted my entry already?
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    celdys0n wrote: »
    Can I go back and edit my house and slide show or is it too late since I posted my entry already?

You can go back an edit. As long as your completed with it by the due date on the 17th.
    celdys0n wrote: »

You can go back an edit. As long as your completed with it by the due date on the 17th.

Great! Fixed and edited my entry, now I am very happy with it!
  • PINKLADY1PINKLADY1 Posts: 142 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and past into your entry post)
    Forum ID: Pinklady1
    Origin ID: Pinklady633
    Sim: Blaire Bedford
    Office: Bedford Realty
    Link to entry slideshow: imgur.com/a/NPIiz#0
    Entry Details:
    Lot Type: Residential (Home Business)
    Size: 30X20
    Bedrooms: 3
    Bathrooms: 3
    Levels: 2
    Price: 136, 898
    Description: A real estate company built for Blaire Bedford. It was originally a small brownstone duplex, but after purchasing the building, Blaire converted one side into a real estate company. Bedford Realty is a mix of classical and modern design. The real estate company has a small office setting and a seating area for clients. It also has small bathroom. There is also a small patio located in the back with an outdoor dining area.
    Credit for CC/Recolors: No CC Used
  • kinipeli1kinipeli1 Posts: 2 New Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #: Sims 4 Build-n-Share Challenge 1 #BuildnShare #BuildnShare1
    Forum ID: Kinipeli1
    Origin ID: zkantola
    Sim: Claire Westfall
    Office: Interiorly Yours Design
    Link to entry slideshow: imgur.com/a/XW9gc#0 (I hope it is the right link. I have never used Imgur before)
    Entry Details:This is a smaller 20 x 30 Generic Community Lot with a large waiting area with a coffee and tea bar, desk and work area, small bathroom, and there is a back area with a fountain and seating.
    Credit for CC/Recolors: None used
  • LavenderLavender Posts: 73 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and past into your entry post)
    Challenge #:1
    Forum ID:Lavender
    Origin ID:Lavenderspirit2
    Sim: Lavender Booth
    Office: Lavender Designs
    Link to entry slideshow: s196.photobucket.com/user/Lavenderspirit2/slideshow/Sims%204%20Build%20and%20Share%201
    Entry Details: Lavender works out of her home office to enhance the world around her. The first floor of her home consists of a sitting area, an office and an eat-in kitchen. The office is functional but comfortable in cool blues. The front foyer sitting area has a vaulted ceiling and tons of natural light. Overlooking the front foyer is a balcony with a sitting area, as well as an artist's nook. Off of that balcony are two cozy bedrooms, each with their own bathroom, and access to an outdoor balcony in the back of the house.
    Post edited by Lavender on
    Lavender wrote: »
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and past into your entry post)<br />
    Challenge #:1<br />
    Forum ID:Lavender<br />
    Origin ID:Lavenderspirit2<br />
    Sim: Lavender Booth<br />
    Office: Lavender Designs<br />
    Link to entry slideshow: "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links"<br />
    Entry Details: Lavender works out of her home office to enhance the world around her. The first floor of her home consists of a sitting area, an office and an eat-in kitchen. The office is functional but comfortable in cool blues. The front foyer sitting area has a vaulted ceiling and tons of natural light. Overlooking the front foyer is a balcony with a sitting area, as well as an artist's nook. Off of that balcony are two cozy bedrooms, each with their own bathroom, and access to an outdoor balcony in the back of the house.<br />

You can put in the link without the http:// and we can all get to it that way. Copy and paste, the web browsers are designed to find a match and send people there.
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    @orangeplumbob How did you get pictures of your sims with out the plumbob showing?
  • asphyxiateddollasphyxiateddoll Posts: 139 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Forum ID:asphyxiateddoll
    Origin ID:asphyxiateddoll
    Sim: Anastasia and Lacey Grace in the gallery.
    Office: Digital Dollhouse Designs in the gallery.
    Link to entry slideshow: http://imgur.com/a/w0Z4P#
    Entry Details:
    Lot Size: 20 x 15
    Lot Type: Generic Community
    Lot Value: 142,670

Lobby
    Reception Area
    Consultation Office
    Main Office/Design Studio
    3rd Floor Studio Apartment

Credit for CC/Recolors:
    TwistedMexi's Custom Cheats-used to unlock a lot of career items used in the build
    Shimrod101's Improved Lighting Mod
    Post edited by asphyxiateddoll on
    Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
    Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited October 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Forum ID: Rostri-Jodu
    Origin ID: rostrijodu
    Sim: Rick Remington
    Office: Rick's Respit & Recept
    Link to entry slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/tA14p#0
    Entry Details: A 50 x 50 Residential Lot, with 2 Bedrooms and 3 Bathrooms, Valued at 464,370 Simoleons
    Credit for CC/Recolors: N/A
    Post edited by Rostri-Jodu on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @ttribble33 Glad to see you got it working :)

All the entries are looking great!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • onikisuonikisu Posts: 12 New Member
    Question: Is it the midnight before or after Wednesday noon? Because 12:00 am can be after Tuesday noon and before Wednesday noon and will still be called Wednesday, 12:00.
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    onikisu wrote: »
    Question: Is it the midnight before or after Wednesday noon? Because 12:00 am can be after Tuesday noon and before Wednesday noon and will still be called Wednesday, 12:00.

that would be after Wednesday noon :) for me, in the European time zone, this usually means Thursday morning really early
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    @orangeplumbob How did you get pictures of your sims with out the plumbob showing?

I put a third sim in the house and had him selected when I went to take photos. I really, really hate that headlineeffects doesn't remove the plumbob. I hate plumbobs.
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Forum ID: ahholladay
    Origin ID: ahholladay
    Sim: Mike Boudreaux
    Office: The Boudreaux Group, LLC
    Link to entry slideshow: The Boudreaux Group, LLC

Entry Details:
    Lot size: 30x20
    Lot type: Museum
    Price: 200,835 simoleons
    Contains some of the Sims 3 plumbob reward lamps

Description: A design firm located in New Orleans that provides architecture, interior design, and landscape architecture services as well as original works of art produced in-house. They specialize in 'green', sustainable design. Each picture in the slideshow is captioned to give more description.

Credit for CC/Recolors: (In the sims only, none in the building)
    Male body hair by LumiaLover: lumialoversims.tumblr.com/post/96874663759/body-hair-v3-hello-everyo-wait-900-followers
    Default eye replacement by Vampire_aninyosaloh: modthesims.info/download.php?t=533372

Fun challenge!! Thanks for organizing this and letting me play. :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • BlackRoseBronwenBlackRoseBronwen Posts: 471 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

Challenge #:2

Forum ID:BlackRoseBronwen

Origin ID: blackrosebrowen

Sim: Palma

Office: Blackthorn International

Link to entry slideshow: http://imgur.com/a/YSrWL#0

Entry Details: 30x20 Residential Lot
    Value: 170,949 simolians
    Building Style: Adobe
    Ground Floor: Reception Area, Two restrooms for clients, and Break room w/kitchenette
    Second Floor: Cozy Living Area, Bedroom, Bath, and Open floor plan for Kitchen and living area.

Credit for CC/Recolors: N/A
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

Forum ID: masajo
    Origin ID: Cevans1962
    Sim: Elle Gant
    Office: Elegant Designs

Link to entry slideshow:
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/Building Firm and Representative
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/Building Firm and Representative

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/Building Firm and Representative/Elle Gant
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/Building Firm and Representative/Elle Gant

Entry Details:
    Built on a 30x20 residential lot, Dusty Turf, Oasis Springs. Elegant Designs is a small and friendly architectural practice headed by the good, cheery and creative Elle Gant. Walk along the pathway past the fountains and planted borders and enter this home business. At Reception you will be warmly welcomed and seated in the waiting room. Adjoining office and design studio. Kitchen/diner, lounge, bedroom and bathroom in the residential wing. Patio at the rear for dining al fresco, entertaining or simply relaxing.

Credit for CC/Recolors: No CC.
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    For those of you having trouble taking pictures- simply go into live mode, pause the Sims you want to photograph- doing whatever you want them to, then press TAB. This will put you in free camera mode and remove all the do dads and what-zits on your screen. The plumbob will still appear on whatever Sim is active but you can usually get pictures around it by either moving your camera or selecting a Sim who is not in the shot to be active. In this mode you have camera controls such as q to lower camera and e to raise it. Press c to capture the image and then you can access the screenshots as usual.
  • TwilaniteTwilanite Posts: 53 Member
    Do the Pics still have to be Jpeg format or does it not matter anymore? I am working on my pics for my entry as I type this. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks bunches! ~Twilanite
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    Twilanite wrote: »
    Do the Pics still have to be Jpeg format or does it not matter anymore? I am working on my pics for my entry as I type this. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks bunches! ~Twilanite
    They are judging based on the slideshow that you provide, so whatever your slideshow site/blog/whatnot prefers. =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top