Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me or

Comments

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Dear God.
    That's not even the REAL Marie Antoinette. At least use real imagery of her, not Kirsten Dunst's blooming rendition.

Fine, get me a gif of the real Marie Antoinette eating cake laying down.

I don't think they had gifs back then.

That's my point.

I guess unless they had figured out that if they draw the same image slightly different on each page of a book you can easily flip the pages quick of you get a moving pic? :o
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    TarôTarô Posts: 52 Member
    I only encountered 1 bug until now, the fork stuck in the hand of my Sim. Not a too nasty bug though.
  • Options
    JackPipsam wrote: »
    You mean apart from the crashes?

I have a boring toshiba laptop not meant for gaming what so ever. I have had no crashes.

Tosh... Toshiba... How...
    I can't even.

What? I don't get it.

I have a bad history with Toshiba. Never ever ever works for me.
    Methinks you are lucky XD
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member

I have a boring toshiba laptop not meant for gaming what so ever. I have had no crashes.

I can't even.

Hey, Toshibas are rock-solid. My little Satellite C55D-A runs the game like a charm. No crashes or performance hickups yet, and I've got to have played at least 50+ hours by now!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    MariskaAmyMariskaAmy Posts: 901 Member

I can't even.

What? I don't get it.

I've had one Toshiba laptop, bought it 8 years ago and have used it very extensively. It still runs like it used to.
    Obviously it cant run sims 4 simply because it's outdated, but its never broken down ^^ I'd go with a Toshiba again if I'd need another laptop.
  • Options
    Hey, Toshibas are rock-solid. My little Satellite C55D-A runs the game like a charm. No crashes or performance hickups yet, and I've got to have played at least 50+ hours by now!

Aha, fair enough! ^_^
    Maybe I only ever used their weaker laptops.
  • Options
    Pandabearrox1Pandabearrox1 Posts: 474 Member

I can't even.

What? I don't get it.

They don't work. I played skyrim and my computers motherboard blew up. Warranty "fixed" it and it didn't even start. Second time it worked, but it's so glitchy. My point was that even my stupid tosh ins can run the game. Which is worth it on its on.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Toshiba laptops are brick walls. They don't look pretty, don't always run pretty but my god you could probably use it to beat down an opposing army and it would STILL work after being used as a nuke delivery system.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    edited September 2014
    I prefer Samsung's, and Gateways were cool if I had to choose a brand, but overall I like ibuypower and alienware. And of course I'll throw Macbook Pro's in there with Retina Display. <3
  • Options
    softis99softis99 Posts: 399 Member
    I also had NO bugs, not even the spider baby one ;)
    [img][/img]AE10400A-C559-4097-B693-A89FE4C16ABC_zpswjq5l14e.jpg
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member

Aha, fair enough! ^_^
    Maybe I only ever used their weaker laptops.

Maybe. But, the only laptop brand I'd say to steer clear of is Acer. They're O.K. for basic computing, but they aren't very good for much gaming aside from solitaire in my experience...-_-;
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    I had an Acer probably 4 years ago. Oh wow. Never again.
  • Options
    MariskaAmyMariskaAmy Posts: 901 Member
    Acer makes good monitors, they should stick to that..
    Their computers are also decent I guess, if you really want an expensive coaster to use on your desk :p
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Clipping is a big issue i've come across. Sims just walk right through reach other.

Thats not really a bug. The devs did that on purpose for some reason.

Why on earth would they purposely do that? They aren't meant to. Also, its not bad for a game to have a few bugs, every game has a few.

Because does anyone remember the tapping foot issue of The Sims 3? Where your Sims would just stand there for 3 minutes (in our time) sometimes just trying to enter a rabbit hole or leave the house?

Or The Sims 2 issue where Sims would give up an action the first time, if they couldn't get to a location on the first attempt?

The Sims 4 clips but is much better as routing. Also, the higher your graphic setting, the less clipping that occurs. I filmed my Sims basically running into each other in The Sims 4, on the Ultra Settings, and not once did they clip into each other. Even though they crossed into each other's space :)

----

To answer the OP's question, I only get bugs when I play on my Laptop on Ultra Settings. Because my game says I should play on Medium settings when I boot up for the first time. But I tried Ultra and it seemed smooth. But it crashed and had alot of glitches. I put it back down to medium and it works fine.

On my gaming laptop, I can play Ultra Settings no problem.

I think people forget, that when The Sims 4 loads up, it tells you how much your computer can take. If you put the game on High Settings when it says your computer can only handle Medium, whose fault is it if it crashes? System Requirements aren't only about how smooth a game can run, it's about a lot of other things. I guarantee, most people experiencing bugs are playing on a Setting that they moved up themselves.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    No bugs for me on a newer laptop and highest settings
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2014
    Clipping is a big issue i've come across. Sims just walk right through reach other.

In other words: They were not able to get it right in that too narrow time frame and declared this bug is a feature.
    Better have them walk through each other than having them stuck at every other occasion.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    DuncarinDuncarin Posts: 362 Member
    I've had a skill bar stick above a sims head twice, one floaty fork stuck to a hand and that's it so far.
  • Options
    CristalBlueRosesCristalBlueRoses Posts: 427 Member
    I had a pan stuck to my sims hand for awhile.. but that's been my only noticeable glitch.... (well, except maybe the constantly walking to graves and back.. probably a glitch as well)
    But no game breakers... And this is from someone who couldn't play TS3 until the 3rd or 4th patch... and I had to have a few Mods to keep it playable in the end period..
    I'm actually pretty impressed :-)
    Brian's Log: Day sixty-seven.
    Cube was quite all night. Once again
    Cube as quiet all day. As per previously.
    No movement.
    No change in measurements.
    End of entry
  • Options
    AmairaAmaira Posts: 293 Member
    @Noah_Redden They did the clipping so you wouldn't have the issue where they get stuck because they can't just walk by each other. An example of this being a huge issue in sims 3 was not being able to graduate from university because so many sims were trying to get in the building your sims would get stuck waiting outside for the whole ceremony. I don't mind a little clipping at all since now I have no sim blockades. I'd rather have a little clipping here and there then have stuck sims every five seconds because, heaven forbid, one sim tries to leave a room while another is trying to go in it.
  • Options
    Cyron43 wrote: »

In other words: They were not able to get it right in that too narrow time frame and declared this bug is a feature.
    Better have them walk through each other than having them stuck at every other occasion.

They have tried different methods in previous games and none of them work. In a Simulation game, this is the easiest way and also the most productive.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    What do you mean with "the most productive"?
    Also, I have never seen peds walking through each other in GTA IV or V and never seen them stuck. So it can be done.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options

Your Sims getting from A to B.

They have literally tried every other way, and this is the first time where routing is pretty much a non-issue.
  • Options
    nextfatalbreathnextfatalbreath Posts: 345 Member
    I can't even take it as a valid question since Pandabearrox1 blindly defends the game left and right.

Daaaaw, hayley. <3

And yay for you! I've had many. :| Not impressed.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    They have literally tried every other way, and this is the first time where routing is pretty much a non-issue.
    That's just a confession of failure.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

The devs need help... help I cant give them.