Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bootcamp, Sims 4 and CRASHING!!

Hey Sim fans,

I recently boot camped my computer to play Sims 4, it started running fine until it didn't... my games been crashing every 20 minutes and I'm thinking it had to do with bootcamp. Anyone experiencing a similar situation? Any tips or suggestions? I'm going to try and re-install and bootcamp as a last resort but I don't know if that'll be the fix. It's awful because I really enjoy playing the game a lot! I think it's great :(
Thanks for the help
<3

Comments

• AshleeMDAndradeAshleeMDAndrade Posts: 53 Member
    BUMP
    <3
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    We already have threads on Boot Camp issues. Posting your specs. in this thread would be helpful:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/777470/the-sims-4-on-boot-camp-virtual-machines#latest
    apple-signature.png
  • mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    Boot camp isn't worth it... I hope they hurry up and make a Mac version, I'm sorry its crashing for you.
  • msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    Hey Sim fans,

I recently boot camped my computer to play Sims 4, it started running fine until it didn't... my games been crashing every 20 minutes and I'm thinking it had to do with bootcamp. Anyone experiencing a similar situation? Any tips or suggestions? I'm going to try and re-install and bootcamp as a last resort but I don't know if that'll be the fix. It's awful because I really enjoy playing the game a lot! I think it's great :(
    Thanks for the help

I didn't have a problem running my game, but I did make the mistake of not doing all the windows updates and had to delete my Bootcamp partition and start over again. Once I did this I made sure to do all the windows updates immediately after installing windows. Now, everything seems to be running so much better.
  • Darstan64Darstan64 Posts: 433 Member
    Just a question please, I'm thinking of using bootcamp also on my mac, hopefully I can do it myself. I always put my laptop in sleep mode, or if I do shut down my laptop is there an option when you start it up of whether you want to use windows or mac? I'll only be using windows for the sims4. Can I still run my sims 3 game when I do play it on the mac side like I always do? It always ran smoothly. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'll all new to this bootcamp stuff. Thanks for any help :)
  • AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    After BootCamping your Mac every time you start the machine and hold down the Alt key, you're presented a grey screen with the choice of booting in either OSX or Windows.
    Putting the Mac in sleep mode doesn't shut the machine down, so upon awakening the Mac will still be in the same Operating System as when it went to sleep. If it was running OSX it will be in OSX; likewise if it was using Windows it will return with Windows active.
    So, if you want to switch OS, you have to shut down your Mac and restart while holding the Alt key.
    Oh ok i get it now, thats easy, thank you very much for your help Ashpeef :)
    FINALLY SOLVED IT! Stupid graphics needed to be on lower settings -_- mother of plumb
    <3
    Glad you solved your problem AshleeMDAndrade :) I will post back here when I get my windows 7 disk and do the boot camp thing on my macbook pro, I hope it goes smoothly for me, I will need to know what graphics settings to use also, I'm assuming start out at low instead of medium. I'm still trying to figure out how much space to allow for the sims 4 when partitioning it. As sims 4 expansion packs come out in the future can you go back and set the partition higher to allow more space for the game? Thanks to anyone that might know :)
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You would have to redo your Bootcamp partition any time you want to "increase" your allotment to Windows. There is no other way to increase it other than a total "redo".
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Oh I understand Tremayne, thanks for your help! :)
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Welcome! :D
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Good luck!! :) I hope it works out for you @Darstan64 it's a good game
    <3
    Looking forward to playing! Thank you! Enjoy everyone :)