Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Announcement] Turbo Careers: Discussion, Questions and Suggestions

ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
edited September 2014 in Gameplay Mods
Late last year I created a mod for The Sims 3, Ultimate Careers, which allows you to control your Sims at work intead of disappearing into a rabbithole.

I'm pleased to announce that a successor of the mod will be made for The Sims 4, which I have named Turbo Careers. The mod is planned to create a version of the "Switch Control to <Sim>" away interaction that can be used for Sims who are at work, which will then switch over to a community lot allowing you to control your active Sim or multiple Sims at once if they work on the same lot.

Ultimate Careers was created mainly as a way of helping pass time until the release of The Sims 4, and was done quickly. Turbo Careers, on the other hand, will be an all-out project with tons of features that will completely change the way you play the game. For starters, the way of gaining (and losing) performance will be completely revamped. In Ultimate Careers, this was based solely on whether a Sim was using an object in a list of career-specific objects. In Turbo Careers, it will be far more complex and more intact with the Sim's career title and description.

I have a whole bucket list of features to include, but details of them will be shared in the future.

As you'd probably guess, I've barely ventures into the very early stages of making the mod. Because The Sims 4 is so new, there is a lack of tools and information available for modders. I can experiment, but it won't be until the modding community is settled enough that I'll be able to go much past the "Hello world" stage. This will be a very complex mod, which will require it to be possible to create custom interactions, custom notifications and possibly custom objects. Perhaps even custom traits and aspirations, but that's on the "maybe" list. Because of this, I haven't even the slightest clue how quickly the mod will be able to be made. It could be anywhere from a few weeks to more than half a year.

If you have any questions, suggests or comments, feel free to post them!

Comments

• Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    Wow, this sounds like a real project! And sounds rather amazing aswell. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Didn't try the mod for sims 3, but perhaps I should. Where can I get it?
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited September 2014
  • Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    Thank you so much :)
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • Lenei14Lenei14 Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited September 2014
    I hate to ask here but would you be able to upload the tuning file again for the TS3 version? It seems it's been removed from mediafire and I'd like to tune it. :)
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    Lenei14 wrote: »
    I hate to ask here but would you be able to upload the tuning file again for the TS3 version? It seems it's been removed from mediafire and I'd like to tune it. :)

I don't have many of my old TS3 mod files anymore, sorry. :( And since I've moved on to TS4, it's unlikely I'll ever update my TS3 ones. :(
  • Lenei14Lenei14 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Aww okay, thank you for your reply. :) I am really excited at seeing what you do with sims 4 too though!