Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Junkbarbarians guide for Evil Sims - chapter 1 killing with anger

junkbarbarianjunkbarbarian Posts: 95 Member
Killing Sims with emotions: (updates in bold)

Why? Because you can.

SimguruGrant mentioned in the ask a guru thread that it should be possible to kill a sim (one that you don’t control) with anger, so I decided to try it. It took some time to figure it out, so I will share what I have learned incase anyone else in curious.

First, you have probably noticed that each emotion has three “levels”. In the case of anger they are “angry”, “very angry”, and “enraged”. If a sims reaches level three they can die. But how do we get them there?

The level SEEMS to be determined by adding up the numeric score of each appropriate moodlet.
Level 1 1-3
Level 2 4-6
Level 3 7+

Stack the appropriate moodlets to get the Sim to level three. The ones I have discovered for anger are:

Angry (from conversation, use mean interactions to get this one) +2
Good vs. Evil (from one being around the other) +1
Enraging decor (such as angry painting) +1or +2 depending on the quality of the painting
Vicious rumor (from the "tell vicious rumor" interaction gained from the mastermind trait) +2
New enemy (from declaring an enemy) +2
Voodoo: Pain (from voodoo doll) +2

Example: Bring the target in range of an angry painting (+2), then be mean to him for a while (+2), tell him a vicious rumor (+2), then declare him your enemy (+2) to finish up. If none of the interactions glitch this will get him enraged, and he should die.

Some things I don’t understand fully (maybe you guys can help me out with these):
1. Some enraged sims die almost immediately and some don’t die at all. SimGuruHolmes confirmed that this is as intended, there is a random element involved. Gaining another moodlet after being "enraged" seems to increase the chance that they die.
2. The “declare enemy” and the “start vicious rumor” interactions do not always apply the appropriate moodlet (this may be a bug).
per SimGuruHolmes some sim are smart enough that the vicious rumor doesn't work (especially genius). Also I have noticed that evil sims get a happy moodlet from a new enemy instead of a angry one

Success rate: I originally estimated the success rate at about 70%, but now that I have killed more sims and have a larger sample size, I would put it closer to 50 %

I hope some of you find this entertaining.
Post edited by junkbarbarian on

Comments

• munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Aaaw it doesn't say that we can use our "Angry poos" to kill... what a let down.
    Nice post though :)
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Thank you for this! Now my evil sim will have some new options for her villainy! >:)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited September 2014
    Ok I guess I am a little slow on this,
    Are we killing off the sims we are controlling or another sim that he is interacting with.
    to make for a good story, I would like it to be my sim could cause another sim to become angry an die.
    Why? Because we could use it as a killer on the loose in the town. Would make for a great story line.
    Serial Killer, Kills homeless people.
    Oh I feel so mean on this one >:)
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Aaaw it doesn't say that we can use our "Angry poos" to kill... what a let down.

I don't think launching Angry Turds at sims would really kill them... Well, maybe an overly neat sim.
    raw
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »

I don't think launching Angry Turds at sims would really kill them... Well, maybe an overly neat sim.

One can hope... one can hope :)
    interesting
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    If you could launch angry poo, I would imagine it would make most sims emberassed or sad, but neat sims, and maybe snobs or something enraged lol.
  • junkbarbarianjunkbarbarian Posts: 95 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    Ok I guess I am a little slow on this,
    Are we killing off the sims we are controlling or another sim that he is interacting with.
    to make for a good story, I would like it to be my sim could cause another sim to become angry an die.
    Why? Because we could use it as a killer on the loose in the town. Would make for a great story line.
    Serial Killer, Kills homeless people.
    Oh I feel so mean on this one >:)

We are killing a sims that we are not controlling. I have got it to work with townies, members of other households, and members of the played household. I am having a hard off the home lot, because the angry painting is such an important part of the plan.

Maybe if my sim could take an angry poo on his nieghbors lawn?
    Thanks that would be so neat for a criminal sim as a serial killer.
    I just might start a new town on that one. Sounds like a neat storyline.
    Not that I am for killing off sims, but it has such a neat Murder Story line.
    what traits does you sim have to have in order to do this.
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Maybe if my sim could take an angry poo on his nieghbors lawn?
    A perfect example of needing to be able to "agree" "like" and "lol" XD
    Evalen wrote: »
    what traits does you sim have to have in order to do this.

He has several that go along with the theme like mean, evil, dastardly etc, but the only ones that are really crucial seem to be "mastermind" (the aspiration reward for the public enemy branch of Deviance, because it gives you the "vicious rumor” interaction) and the painting skill (for the angry painting).

• cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    And so my journey in depopulating my game begins
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I'm in the process of adding an evil sim to my game to be my main sim's arch-nemesis. This is perfectly awesome for that! *rubs hands together gleefully* >:)
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    SimGuruHolmes confirmed that some sims not dying when they reach the enraged state is intentional. There is a random element to it.
    Now that I have a larger sample size. I would put the success rate at around 50% (my initial estimate had been %70). However even at 50% it is still the most reliable way I have found to kill sims without cheats or build mode.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Just to add to jb's guide.
    The superfast strategy is this, works on evil or smart NPCs too.
    Put 6 angry masterpieces on the wall and turn on aura (+3 angry moodlet).
    When NPC sim arrives, first bind a voodoo doll on them. Leed to the "angry room" then use voodoo poke on them (if successful your sim gets confident moodlet). After that just beton them with a few mean interactions (yell, insult).
  • splizzmochsplizzmoch Posts: 62 Member
    All. My. LOL

What TS4 needs is playable chimpanzees.

"Fling Angry Poop"... :p
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I think this is really fascinating! I have honestly not killed many sims (just one now). I think it would be nice to have some ghosts one day, and when the day comes, I would want different death types. So I will continue to learn from you and others until I'm ready to be a true sim killer ;)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • SkellySpadesSkellySpades Posts: 328 Member
    edited January 2015
    Is the chance of angry death 50% per sim? Or does this chance increase if you keep them in "enraged" longer?
    If the townie is Enraged but doesn't die in the first few hours, should I give up and move onto the next sim? Or will they eventually die if I keep them in "Enraged" long enough?
  • Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    lol, awesome!...gonna give it a shot
  • SwiftGaming48SwiftGaming48 Posts: 3 New Member
    I just added The Grim Reaper into my household and got him married. Is there anyway I can make him murder his wife? Please Help!