Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited empty lots for building on

So what's everyone doing about lots to build on? There seems to be so few lots available! Do you just end up bulldozing them after you've built them and saved/uploaded it? In TS3 I used to have a separate save file that was only for houses I had built (I like to build lots of different houses and then I upload them), it was super handy as when I loaded that file, it was on its own map if you see what I mean? Anything I had built or lots I had bulldozed to make space, where only affected on that save file, but it doesn't seem to be like that on TS4. So although I can "save as" and have multiple saves, the map always looks the same. I hope that makes sense, I can't think how to explain it better! I basically wanted to be able to have a save file where I can bulldoze everything and use it just for things I want to build, but I don't want that to affect the file where I actually play the game, as I obviously want to keep the families, houses and community lots!

Comments

• dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    You can do the same in sims 4 but with one difference.....you have to start in CAS and put a sim in that save. After that, you can bulldoze all EA's lots and build on all of them.
    2rxu2ph.png
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Yes it seems daft given the gallery to then have nowhere to place the gorgeous houses you download. Totally agree! I downloaded some but then couldn't find lots so haven't placed them yet :-(
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I've got a blank worlds save at the moment where Willow Creek and Oasis Springs are made up entirely of empty lots. I'd share it online, but I'm not sure how.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    If all you want to do is build then you can do it in several ways

You can create multiple save files. Make one for community lots and another file for residential lots.
    You can also make different kind of residential buildings like a save file for modern houses, another save file for Victorian houses etc

However if you want to play with all in one save file I do agree that the space is limited and hopefully will be addressed in future EPs.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • shoninjashoninja Posts: 50 Member
    > @dark5id3 said:
    > You can do the same in sims 4 but with one difference.....you have to start in CAS and put a sim in that save. After that, you can bulldoze all EA's lots and build on all of them.

Thanks I'll give that a try!

> @sparkfairy1 said:
    > Yes it seems daft given the gallery to then have nowhere to place the gorgeous houses you download. Totally agree! I downloaded some but then couldn't find lots so haven't placed them yet :-(

Yeah I've saved so many lovely houses to my library but can't place them all, even I don't put a family it them all right away, I like to decorate and furnish them. The map is just way to small. TS3 map seems much more advanced!
  • TarôTarô Posts: 52 Member
    I'm pretty sure we will have more space in the future, SimGuruGrant mentioned several times that it is very possible to expand the worlds in TS4 and that it already was on "his list" (that should be quite huuuge).
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I like the way the map is, it seems like expanding your favorite neighborhood will be able to be done in a much more... elegant fashion. I hated trying to set up worlds with all the EP buildings I wanted AND custom houses, and I often ended up with wonky uneven lots just so I could add something.
    In theory, adding more maps that you can go to any time you want will be very easy. We'll see.
  • shoninjashoninja Posts: 50 Member
    Yeah I agree this style of map should be better when it comes to adding EP's and I don't even mind the loading screens THAT much when visiting other lots, especially is it makes it better and easier for EP's! It's just the lack of empty lots! But the suggestion further up seems to be what I'm looking for :)