Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel bad for the babies in this game...

Comments

• JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    @Jennabean93 I totally agree. If Ea brings back toddlers, and I hope the do...I think they should learn to walk and talk much faster than Sims 3 tots. Same for potty training. Give the tots ways to learn on their own, more playthings etc... I so want my tots back.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    I can live with as is for a while. Obviously any bugs I do want to see fixed. Dah! I don't like the teenagers not being a little smaller and able to tell them from YA and Adults. I guess they thought they would satisfy teens by telling them they are no longer children by doing it.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    For the babies ....

Overall I do like the interactions you get with them, I like the look of them and I like how children can interact with them.

I actually like the daycare thing cause when I normally sent my sim parents to work, the nanny/babysitter ignored the baby/toddler most of the time in my house. They were more focused making a sandwich in the kitchen or playing on the computer.

I do wish they would disconnect the baby from the crib. I would love playmats, bouncers and other objects for babies.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    "Meh, babies these days. Freakin' staying in bassinets, whining about their brown underroos, that's a baby act!"
  • JennaBean93JennaBean93 Posts: 84 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »
    The babies do have emotons, happy, and sad, same color as normal, oh and asleep if that counts.

oo really? aa that's actually really good, sorry I didn't know that earlier haha (haven't played the proper game yet :'( ).
    thanks for letting me know, ;) I think that's a step in some sort of better direction which gives me a liiittle bit of hope

karlpilkingtonplz.png?1
  • BreadfishBreadfish Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Willow said:
    > I find it strange how she has to give birth right over the crib too, LOL...weird. Also, I've noticed no one in the house cares when someone goes into labor. I have yet to see anyone excited or take notice. Like, oh gee mom is popping one into the crib again, lemme play with my clay mold or play computer games while she gets that over with. :|

In one of my households, when the dad is in the room, his mood changes to 'tense' due to the labor occurring
  • Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    My Sim Dad reacted pretty much the same excited way that they did in TS2 and TS3. Throwing up is hands and jumping around. They could do like my Dad did when Mom said she was in labor, take a bath, shave and then think well the hospital is 20 miles away I guess we can go now.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    babies in the sims are like those baby simulator dolls you get in high school, ya know those evil things you have to take care of for a week.
    babyrealdeal1.jpg
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    How sims take care of babies <3
    drying-baby-instructions.jpg
  • Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    edited September 2014
    Willow wrote: »
    This has happened several times now to the poor babies of my families. The parents go to work and the baby vanishes to the supposed day care and if a young child comes home before the parents the baby is returned to the crib, in a filthy diaper (thanks a lot day care) and lays there screaming for HOURS until the parents come home. I've even had the game leave the baby at home all day alone and not send it to daycare. If the baby leaves with a dirty diaper it comes back that way, so much for day care. I want nannies back!<br />
    <br />
    I don't understand why kids are rendered so helpless in this game either, they can't even clean the bathroom/kitchen or water plants, yet they leave babies with them with no other interaction than to talk to them.<br />
    <br />
    I feel like whoever did the programming for babies in this game does not like them, or toddlers for that matter. Babies are stuck in their cribs and treated like objects and not family members, just horrible imo.

Yes Sims4 Babies are tied to their Basinets (Cribs aren't in Sims4 yet) , but they're much closer to being Full-Sims than Sims1-3 Babies ever were.

And if the daycare thing Bothers you so much, you have the option of Aging up the Baby at any time, right for the second they are born.
    Post edited by Kuypers125 on
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    yee, I doubt the gurus would put this anywhere near the front of their to-do list, or even on their list at all but
    I'd love to see at-least a bit of effort with the babies (and toddlers if there even will be any.)

It'd be cool if the babies could have a few simple emotions, (happy, sad, angry, uncomfortable etc)

You could have a baby paddling pool? (just realized, no pools yet hehe sorry :#) Baby swings, baby play mats, baby jumpers
    based on the babys' emotions, you can cheer the baby up when it's sad etc.

just have em bouncin around like
    41.jpg

a-lot people found the toddler stage, as-well as the baby stage to be a bit tedious,
    and I feel like this was their chance to finally expand on the young-ins. It's a shame they did the opposite. :s

I like this idea for the baby mats and jumpers. Idk if they could do those, but I think it would be a bit better.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2014
    Tarô wrote: »
    Except a real life daycare that neglected kids like that would be shut down.

Yes but I personally think that leaving a baby to the daycare is already neglecting it in a way, it could be ok if you really really don't have the choice, but come on, it's your baby, can't you take the time to take care of it yourself as its parents ? :)

You might not have the ability to be a stay at home parent; what if you were married when you got pregnant but then your husband died in a fire when trying to cook dinner on a cheap stove? Or with the size of the bills in Sims 4, you pretty much have to have a two-income household (sort of like real life these days). But daycare should really take care of the baby's basic needs (food and hygiene), just like if you send a child to school with a moderate bladder they'll be intelligent enough to take care of that at school.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Breadfish wrote: »
    > @Willow said:<br />
    > I find it strange how she has to give birth right over the crib too, LOL...weird. Also, I've noticed no one in the house cares when someone goes into labor. I have yet to see anyone excited or take notice. Like, oh gee mom is popping one into the crib again, lemme play with my clay mold or play computer games while she gets that over with. :|<br />
    <br />
    In one of my households, when the dad is in the room, his mood changes to 'tense' due to the labor occurring

When my Sim went into labor, her husband stopped his workout in their home gym and did the "pre-parental panic" in the mirror in the room. And if you choose "have baby at hospital" the husband will go with the wife in labor, then the baby shows up in the bassinet when they come home.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    edited September 2014
    You might not have the ability to be a stay at home parent;

Stay at home options in SIms4:
    Writer & Painter, and possibly Musician/Comedian if the rent is low enough. all four can earn $$ outside of the Base Game Careers.
    And even in the careers, Writers & Painters earn most of their $$$ while at home.
  • Noah_ReddenNoah_Redden Posts: 311 Member
    Atleast they have limbs now...
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Mashimar0 wrote: »
    babies in the sims are like those baby simulator dolls you get in high school, ya know those evil things you have to take care of for a week.
    babyrealdeal1.jpg
    Yes, I made the same comparison myself!
    And I really didn't understand why my young mother didn't care for her newborn at all. After birth she just turned around to do something with her mobile phone (no, not call the father or her parents or anything like that.
    When my Sims 3-sims comes home she at least cuddles or feeds her child spontaneously.
    Now, I don't really mind about things like that (I don't care about having to give my sims orders), but it sursprises me because these sims are supposed to be more interactive and emotional.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    Atleast they have limbs now...
    They had limbs in TS2. This is nothing new.
  • TarôTarô Posts: 52 Member
    edited September 2014

Yes but I personally think that leaving a baby to the daycare is already neglecting it in a way, it could be ok if you really really don't have the choice, but come on, it's your baby, can't you take the time to take care of it yourself as its parents ? :)
    Wait...what? You do know parents have this thing called a JOB right? They can't just take their kids to work, thats where a daycare comes in. Your comment is very inappropriate

I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're really this stubbornly dumb lol.

Anyway, back to the point of this post, I feel bad for the babies too. They're so useless. I just see them as objects with a few interactions. They're stuck in their crib things for their whole baby stage of life, and then they suddenly pop on out of there and know how to walk and take a crap properly.

Wait...what? You do know parents have this thing called a JOB right? They can't just take their kids to work, thats where a daycare comes in. Your comment is very inappropriate

Guys, didn't you read my first post ? I said that it was only a workaround while we get maternity leaves (If you don't have the right to have a maternity leave, then we don't live in the same country and I didn't know you can't in yours) available, exactly to not give the baby to the daycare because it is bugged and doesn't take care well of the baby in game, so it is neglegting it, in the state of the game now... And my second post was humoristic, thus the :) But apparently I shocked some people lol, sorry for this.
    Willow wrote: »
    Thanks all for your responses and input.<br />
    <br />
    > @Tarô&lt;br />
    With a single parent household and how far she is into her career having her quit her job isn't feasible to me. They should have allowed for nannies, babysitters, etc. They definitely shouldn't have the babies returned home if only a child is there who can't take care of it.<br />
    <br />

Yep, that's why I said if you really don't have the choice. I also hope they will fix the daycare, because it is not working as intended and is actually more a pain rather than a help.
  • mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    Well... in a way it's quite realistic. When people have a baby in real life, the mother has a maternity leave, she doesn't give the baby to a daycare, nor let it alone with a kid. Maybe you could just make a parent quit his/her job to take care about the baby until he becomes a kid. This is a workaround until we maybe get maternity leaves in the game without having to quit a job (note that the sim that quits a job still have many ways to make quite a lot of money, selling books by example).

You have a few disagrees here, but I have to agree with you. I myself just had a baby two months ago, and its hard at times to accept, but when you have a little one they become the top priority. Its not really realistic to leave a baby with a small child alone, or leave it at daycare. I tend to not trust daycares or anyone other than family with my precious newborn. I mean I guess if someone had to, I just couldn't see myself doing that though. A nanny or a family member, someone in the house would be more ideal I guess.
    Well... in a way it's quite realistic. When people have a baby in real life, the mother has a maternity leave, she doesn't give the baby to a daycare, nor let it alone with a kid. Maybe you could just make a parent quit his/her job to take care about the baby until he becomes a kid. This is a workaround until we maybe get maternity leaves in the game without having to quit a job (note that the sim that quits a job still have many ways to make quite a lot of money, selling books by example).

You have a few disagrees here, but I have to agree with you. I myself just had a baby two months ago, and its hard at times to accept, but when you have a little one they become the top priority. Its not really realistic to leave a baby with a small child alone, or leave it at daycare. I tend to not trust daycares or anyone other than family with my precious newborn. I mean I guess if someone had to, I just couldn't see myself doing that though. A nanny or a family member, someone in the house would be more ideal I guess.

Yes I would love having nannies in game instead of daycare, so they can come home and we actually still see what our kids are doing at home with the nanny.

On this I'm in the middle... Although I don't personally trust daycare, I do know how hard it is to raise a newborn. Some folks have issues whether it be a job or postpartum depression, and its best they have some kind of help. I can't say its neglect to leave a child at daycare, but I will say I'd never do it.

It all boils down to each their own, I won't hate on someone if they choose that route. I prefer being a stay at home mom, but sadly with today's economy not many women get that opportunity.

Its tough raising kids and its easy for outsiders to have their say, but in the end its up to the parents. Nobody really understands what its like unless they've gone through it themselves, its easy to say this or that, but yea we don't know everyone's situations.
    I can't realize how hard it is, only imagine, because I am a man and too young to have children yet, but I do imagine it's really hard to manage, and I personally think I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Well, at least I learned that I have to be very careful about what I say on babies and daycare here, or I will get tons of Disagree. Sorry for all the parents that have or had kids and were in a difficult situation between their jobs and their kids and have been greatly helped by a daycare, I didn't want to criticize you in any way nor telling you you neglected your kids doing so, wasn't my intention at all.
    edited September 2014
    I can't realize how hard it is, only imagine, because I am a man and too young to have children yet, but I do imagine it's really hard to manage, and I personally think I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Well, at least I learned that I have to be very careful about what I say on babies and daycare here, or I will get tons of Disagree. Sorry for all the parents that have or had kids and were in a difficult situation between their jobs and their kids and have been greatly helped by a daycare, I didn't want to criticize you in any way nor telling you you neglected your kids doing so, wasn't my intention at all.

I understand, again I myself would NEVER do daycare, I would do whatever I could to avoid it. But I have the luxury to not have to do daycare, I can stay at home, but unfortunately most women can't.

I know you didn't mean to criticize, it just came off that way to some, but I get what you were trying to say. I think it's an ego thing for some, they get heated when they feel that they're being judged or criticized. Its sadly how it goes being a mom, people are quick to nitpick about the little things. I know someone personally who told a mom at Walmart to hold her child and not make her sit in the seat.. I was like o.m.g, not a bright idea to just walk up to someone and demand they hold their child.

I try my best to be a good mom, but nobody is perfect, and at the end of the day I may make a mistake or two, but my daughter is loved and cared for.
  • WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    @ Tarô
    Thanks for clarifying what you meant and participating in the discussion.

@ mizzgreenthumb
    Congrats on your baby girl! :D

As for my simmy she finally got married and am having the Dad stay at home until they stop having kids or have a teenager in the midst. I am still holding out hope for improvements with baby interactions, and getting the toddlers back, so I can have the kind of Sim families I imagined in Sims 4.

Thanks all for your comments too! ;)
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif