Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oni's Creative Thread: Château d'Orléans finished pg.2

onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
Sooooo.. testing the new waters we call The Sims 4.

The first time I tried to build something, I was handicapped by the "new features". Sooo clueless I got frustrated lol. But after some practice I got the hang off it. But I'm still annoyed by the very, very dark interior lighting. It's pitch black it hurt me eyes :cry: . That is why I'm having difficulties furnishing my builds. So much for destroying the "creative momentum".

Anyway, here is my current project. A work-in-progress. I'm actually done with the shell, just the interiors and landscaping.
09-12-14_12-06nbspPM.png
[the lot was the property of the Mims household. I like the option that you can buldoze the entire lot while on build mode.]
09-12-14_12-15nbspPM.png

One thing I like was the new fountain splurty-thingies.. expecially the dancing fountains... so fun to watch I abused using them in the build.. I always go overboard on the fountains:
09-12-14_3-53nbspPM-2.png
[if I know how to make a gif, I'll make one for that!]

Ooohh.. and I really like this piece, I think it's only a world item, soo sad.09-12-14_12-16nbspPM.png

You might ask on why this french baroque monstrosity in the middle of a second empire neighborhood. Well it'll be more awkward if I plopped it in the middle of Oasis Springs :lol: . Actually I was just messing with the tools, I'm realy planning a Second-empire mansion, the current Mims mansion was already close to that style but its meh. So i pulled here and there... one thing led to the other and now i'm making a château .
Post edited by onigirilover on

Comments

• onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    just in case ;)
  • TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    Your Sims 4 Mansion looks very nice from the outside, very classy and opulent, and I love the fountain you have made! :) Hopefully there will be some more worlds released in the near future that will suit the lot better, but regardless it still looks amazing!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Your WIP looks very nice! :) The exterior design of it is great! It looks very nice how you have done the roofing! The pillars look great! Very nice curved upper balcony. The water fountains feature looks very nice! I will look forward to seeing updates on your build! :)
  • AxolotlAxolotl Posts: 37 Member
    Beautiful! I love it! I especially like the tree placement :smile:
    haha thanks! I'll try to finish it and will update soon ;)
  • KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Fantastic! I can see why it's a work-in-progress - that exterior must have taken you a while, because it's gorgeous. The way you handled the roof is especially beautiful. Did you use something for inspiration, or is this design straight out of your imagination?

I tend to put up a lot of bright ceiling lights while I'm building and then remove some of them later when I get more ambient lighting in. But I agree with you that Maxis needs to do something about interior lights. I wish we had those little ceiling pot lights like we had in TS3, and also a way to make them invisible.
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    I can only say this mansion of yours is beautiful :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Your mansion looks amazing! :)
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! That is spectacular! Love, love, love the architecture! Brilliant job with the roof! <3
    KaylyRed wrote: »
    ... Did you use something for inspiration, or is this design straight out of your imagination?...

The facade was inspired by Château de Maisons-Laffitte. I tried making an exact replica but it was too small so I extended the building at the back and added two towers. Now I'm gonna have some hard time creating a believable french formal garden where all the in-game plants are a bit "tropical"

Btw, does anyone know if plants planted by a gardener will be included if I shared the lot in the gallery? I would love to have an orangery at the back, filled with harvestable apple trees and herbs.

@yanti86: I love the new roof tools! I like how the eaves will not show if you put something in front of it.

And thanks guys! I'll try to make the interiors match the spectacle of the exterior ~oni is bad at Interior Design~

• Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Looks like an impressive and massive build! Looks great! Love the curb detail on the last pic. Easily overlooked aspect. :smile:
    5sXtTqH.png
    yep, it's hard to make the gardens ... i really wish they included the low hedge fence from TS3. I'm trying to recreate this garden [image for visualization included] from my unfinished... still unfinished and will never be finished, old TS3 WIP
    Screenshot-2-21.jpg

Btw, the build might take longer than I expected, due to incessant crashes. All thanks to my 7 year-old 3 gigged pc.
  • VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    I don't even have words, just amazing O_O
    Your garden in your sims 3 version of the build looks very nice! :) The design using the hedge fencing looks great! I am sorry that your game keeps crashing. I hope that crashing becomes less.
    thanks @rosemow . I wonder on why I keep on making huuuuge builds when I know my pc can't handle it. I guess i'll just minimize the furnishings.

Almost there .... well not quite.. does anyone here knows how to save a room? These fountain segments [image below] took me quite a deal of patience to make, and I still need to make 6 of those :cry: They do qualify as a room although I'm too lost I don't know how to.

09-13-14_6-56nbspPM.png

Have I mentioned how I hate the height of the hedges? They are too high you can't even see the flowers inside :(

09-13-14_6-54nbspPM.png

The fountain area looks so very nice! :) The hedge fencing, plants, water fountain in the middle and water fountain jets look very great! The pattern design of it is very nice! It looks great how you have done the pathways. It is very nice! :)
  • Rc_shabbaRc_shabba Posts: 183 Member
    nice work!!
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    This is an amazing build!! The mansion is fantastic and the gardens, especially, are just spectacular. Lovely, lovely, lovely work! :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
    Oooh! The fountain area looks amazing! Great job! :D
    yeaaahh... I redid the gardens as they too crowded and the awfully high hedge blocked the view of the fountains... This the current layout.. more spacious and I can actually fit a few benches inside... who likes a useless garden anyway.. can't even view flowers, eh.

09-14-14_8-39nbspAM.png

There is a small courtyard inside, another excuse to sneak-in a fountain. Maybe I should call it Chateau de Fontaine
    09-14-14_8-30nbspAM-2.png

Another sneak=peak
    09-14-14_9-06nbspAM.png
    The new layout of the gardens looks very nice! The pattern using the hedge fencing is very nice! The inside courtyard looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the water fountain there ! It is nice that you have placed a seat on the patio there for sims to enjoy sitting peacefully and seeing the nice fountain. The build is looking great! :)
    edited September 2014
    After enduring numerous crashes I have successfully finished the build. Just a note, only the first floor is furnished since my computer seem to no longer handle the build. Perhaps i'll finish the furnishing when time comes.

Name: Château d'Orléans
    Price: 300k+ simoleons
    Lot: 50x50
    Uploaded: Not yet :pensive:

09-15-14_9-39nbspPM.png
    09-15-14_9-40nbspPM-2.png
    09-15-14_9-47nbspPM-5.png
    09-15-14_9-47nbspPM.png

09-15-14_9-45nbspPM-3.png
    09-15-14_9-44nbspPM-4.png
    09-15-14_9-43nbspPM-2.png
    09-15-14_9-44nbspPM-2.png
    09-15-14_9-41nbspPM-3.png

More pics here: http://s965.photobucket.com/user/muztasa/slideshow/TS4 Builds/Chateau d Orleans

If I could ask some feedback and constructive criticism from you folks then that would be greatly appreciated. I wish to improve this build more before I share it to the community.

Thanks!
    ~oni

Chateau D'orleans is very nice! :) Very nice, elegant and grand exterior of it! The exterior design of it very nice! The roofing looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the outdoors areas! The way you have done the plants, flowers, the water fountain features, the gardens, and used the hedge fencing looks so very nice! The fencing around the exterior of the build look great too. Nice art nook for sims to enjoy painting outdoors in the sunshine with very nice surroundings! The sculpture there looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the comfortable armchairs in the windows sitting area, enjoying listening to the grand piano being played, and the fireplace will keep the room warm. It looks very nice the type of and how you have placed the curtains on the windows! The drapes look very nice how you have placed them over the top of the picture on the fireplace wall. It looks nice how you have placed the patterned floor rugs. The flowers on the pedestals look very nice how you have placed them either side of the table. The flowers are nice for sims to see whilst sitting there. The musical themed pictures on the walls look great and suit well the room with the grand piano being there. The gold colour and the pattern on the walls looks very nice! Very nice study room! It looks very nice how you have placed the bookcases there. Sims will enjoy sitting at the study desk table using the computer or just sit and relax in the armchairs and have a read of a book. Sims will have fun playing games on the card table. The pictures on the walls look very nice. Very nice dining room! Very nice type of dining seats that you have used there for sims to enjoy eating their meals on. The teaset on the table, the birds on the wall, and lamp on the fireplace ledge are nice touches. The flowers on the fireplace ledge and the fruit picture on the fireplace wall are very nice for sims to see when enjoying dining there and create a nice dining atmosphere. Very nice indoors courtyard area! The flowers and water fountain feature there looks very nice. Great outdoors nook area with the pink flamingos in it! Very nice design of and furnishing of the kitchen! The pattern on the kitchen walls looks great! Very nice bar stool counter alcove area! The fruit themed pictures on the wall there look great and suit the type of area of the house. It looks great how you have placed the statues either side of the front door for sims to see as they enter the house. The upper stairs landing area is very nice! Very nice sitting area there! The flowers and lamps look nice on the coffee table there. Sims will enjoy sitting having a chat on the armchairs there. Very nice outdoors umbrella covered sitting nook area. The teaset table nook area looks very nice!
    It is a very nice home, indoors and outside and the exterior! :)
    WOW! That is simply incredible! I am speechless! I am going to put it in my favourites when I visit the gallery. (*)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Impressive.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif