Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Loading Screens Make The Game Unplayable

Comments

• Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    I play mostly with the same family. I'm at the third generation and my loading screens are still the same. +/- 15 seconds
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    BreeSasha wrote: »
    That isn't that bad, and these load screens are not so bad. It depends on what sort of your computer you have and if you make the recommended requirements. And on top of that, it's about the same time as load screens in The Sims 2, if not faster. At least the game doesn't lag like The Sims 3 does.

Yeah, by default my load screens are about 30 seconds to 2 minutes give or take if I am connected online, etc. Sims 3 though, just to boot from the launcher and load the game, total of 19 minutes for me. Yeah I will take small 2 minute load screens over sims 3's long long wait periods and waiting constantly for textures to reload throughout the game.
    WHAT?! 19 MINUTES?! THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS! Of course you would take the 2 minutes compared to that but I think the issue might have been with your computer or whatever..... I never heard of anyone with that long of loading Sims 3 ever.

Yeah, and I am using the same computer I been playing sims 3 on. When I was playing TS3, and I was booting the game up to load my save, I'd have the entire game windowed and play a few games of FreeCell while I waited. I have all but 5 of the expansions, and tons of store content. But for the longest time I did play TS3 almost religiously after TS2.
    Pretty sure the loading times will increase with each additional EPs and DLCs sadly. Let's hope your loading times for Sims 4 will reach nowhere near 19 minutes lol.

Well back when I had only the sims 3 base game, I still had log load times. I think somewhere around 12 mins with that base game. But the last time I timed the load after hitting play on the launcher, took around 7 minutes to reach the main menu, and 11-12 minutes just to load my saved world. This base game, if I'm not connected in game, my loads are around 20 seconds to 30 seconds. Connected about 1-2 minutes. I like being connected because I can then look through others galleries and upload my creations.
    I see. I guess it's true with EA saying Sims 4 will run better on lower end computers than Sims 3.

I feel like some people take the whole "Sims 4 will run better on low end PC's than The Sims 3" a bit out of context.
    You mean with people that try out the game on very cheap sub par computers?

No like,

The Sims 3 was only developed for current computers at the time. All standard computers in 2009 had Pentium 4's and Premium had Dual Core chips. But there was no support for people still using Pentium 3 etc.
    The Sims 4 has been developed to run on current computers, but has more support for low-end PC's too.

So the Sims 4 is designed to run on low-end PC's for todays standards (2009 onwards pretty much since Dual Core wasn't a basic thing till then) but that doesn't mean a low-end PC that ran The Sims 3 at launch, will run The Sims 4 better than The Sims 3. It's just there is more support for older computers than The Sims 3 had.

---

The Sims 4 on Max Settings, is so much more powerful than The Sims 3. The Sims 4 on low settings also requires more than The Sims 3. Just because the game has more support for low-end, doesn't mean a person that couldn't play The SIms 3 can run The SIms 4.

Hope that makes sense.
    It took a bit lol but it made sense.
    understand.gif
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Paneth48Paneth48 Posts: 134 Member
    I have never had the load screens be even close to that long, but it does make playing a multiple sim house a pain in the plum.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    > @Anavastia said:<br />
    > Rinilex wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > Anavastia wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > Than im wondering if it's the save it self. Have you tried to start a new game rinilex, and see if the load times are still slow?<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Won't that wipe out my families/ builds, though?<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > I don't know the game can't have multiple save files?<br />
    <br />
    It can! (I did this to start a stream so i dont have to play with something i already used. You will find your savegame at My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4. you will find a "Saves" folder there. just put it somewhere else or rename it. a new one will be generated when you start the game.<br />
    Goes out for everyone ofc :)

You really don't have to do this. You can simply use Save As or start a new game and when you save it the first time, it lets you change the name, if you want. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    Do you have a lot of sims in your world? I mean is your town full?
    I think some people have the false impression that having to load each lot cuts back on loading times, but it is content in your game that adds time to your loading.
    One time, playing TS2, I had about 400 sims in my neighbourhood and its adjoining towns. My load times were huge, like 5 minutes ( that didn't deter me though).
    I suspect those who have tiny load times only play one or two households.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Only played a total of about 4 hours, before restarting with a different Sim, but loading times (no SSD) is about 15 seconds.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    HolleramaHollerama Posts: 652 Member
    Yikes. In general that's not so bad....for base game + expansions O_o For just the base game, that's a worrying sign. If I remember anything from TS1 & TS2, it's that the loading screen will take longer for each EP you get >_<
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    It's that long for you? Mine took 30 seconds at most. Still it definitely breaks the fluidity of the game. If I wanted to go back to loading screens, I would play TS2. Glad I got a refund for this.

But the Sims 3 has the same amount of loading times (infact longer), it just isn't a screen. But fair enough.
    Lol no. For me, TS3 takes 2 minutes to load an entire OPEN WORLD. One 2 minute loading screen to have access to every single lot AND the space around it, is better than numerous 30 second loading screens going from lot to lot, with very little space around it.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Paneth48 wrote: »
    I have never had the load screens be even close to that long, but it does make playing a multiple sim house a pain in the plum.

Have to agree with this now that my Sim moved her GF in. It's kind of irritating to deal with and it thus far the biggest knock against the current system they've got in place outside of the understandable dislike of load screens in general.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    It's that long for you? Mine took 30 seconds at most. Still it definitely breaks the fluidity of the game. If I wanted to go back to loading screens, I would play TS2. Glad I got a refund for this.

But the Sims 3 has the same amount of loading times (infact longer), it just isn't a screen. But fair enough.
    Lol no. For me, TS3 takes 2 minutes to load an entire OPEN WORLD. One 2 minute loading screen to have access to every single lot AND the space around it, is better than numerous 30 second loading screens going from lot to lot, with very little space around it.

You don't get what JackJack means... The loading times in Sims 3 was short. But very often things like textures took ages to load (AFTER you officially was done "loading") and even quite often never showed up at all. And even sims, which were invisible sometimes for half a minute while the game was "done loading". Plus the lagging... the constant lagging...
  • Options
    JAMESLAMONTEJAMESLAMONTE Posts: 4 New Member
    Loading screens just to walk next door? I saw it on the IGN review, what the hell is Maxis thinking about? Loading screens everywhere. This is completely unacceptable in 2014. Won't be buying this game (I own 1,2,3) until this atrocity is fixed up, and more freedom to visit lots (with no loading screens) and a bigger sims3 like world.
    Soooo glad I didn't buy this.
  • Options
    Yeah yeah we know.
    Also, the reason why they implemented this is because it makes the neighbourhoods expandable.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member

You don't get what JackJack means... The loading times in Sims 3 was short. But very often things like textures took ages to load (AFTER you officially was done "loading") and even quite often never showed up at all. And even sims, which were invisible sometimes for half a minute while the game was "done loading". Plus the lagging... the constant lagging...
    You see I never experienced this. Texture loading lag at most, would take about 3-5 seconds to load. But I very rarely had issues with textures loading. Usually everything would be loaded up and ready to go. My lagging was minimal, and the only time where there is lag for me, is when it's snowing. Other than that, my game runs extremely smoothly. And I don't have a gaming PC. I run the game on my Macbook Pro using Bootcamp. Maybe I'm just lucky with TS3.
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    Your not alone. I have been seeing people complaining more and more about loading screens getting longer after roughly 30+ hrs on a save and other issues coming up. I know it's not everyone though. It's like sims 2 and 3. I have all the SP/EP and CC for both sims 2 and 3 and load screens for TS2 are about 2 minutes and longest load for sims 3 is about 3-4 minutes. I'm guessing that sims 4 is suffering from the same problems. Since this is just the base though I foresee them getting worse as time goes on with added EP/SP and CC.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

You see I never experienced this. Texture loading lag at most, would take about 3-5 seconds to load. But I very rarely had issues with textures loading. Usually everything would be loaded up and ready to go. My lagging was minimal, and the only time where there is lag for me, is when it's snowing. Other than that, my game runs extremely smoothly. And I don't have a gaming PC. I run the game on my Macbook Pro using Bootcamp. Maybe I'm just lucky with TS3.

I never had a long wait for textures to render either. My problem was the TS3 loading at the beginning. I didn't feel it was any faster than the TS2 with all EPs and SPs and loads of CC back on an older machine. So, I was like...it is just a long for me. Until I got better machines and both loaded really fast (faster than before) but still TS3 took longer to load at start. After that my lag was when I scrolled around lots and neighborhoods, but textures loading didn't take as long as they did in the TSM for me. I missed being able to zoom in on Sim in open world and camera instantly go there. I couldn't get the camera to do that in TS4...zoom right down on Sim very up close and personal. Nope, the camera just showed me where they were in TS4, that was annoying...and I did switch back to the TS3 camera style but it didn't work like it does in the TS3.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I haven't had a problem with the loading screens at all and my computer is a good 5 or so years old now. I've not been timing them but I think it's been about half a minute at the absolute most and that's while playing in windowed mode. I have noticed them getting longer as I'm playing my game longer but it still hasn't been unbearable for me or anything.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I'm at 80 hours of play time and I am seeing longer and longer loading screens. When I first started the game, loading screens were 2-3 seconds. Now they are anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute and becoming more and more annoying. This is 2 weeks after the game released. Anyone who thinks this is acceptable is fooling themselves. Because the minute you add an EP or other content, it's going to get longer and longer. At least TS2 and TS3 didn't start to slow down until you got multiple EPs added on. This is pretty pathetic for a bare bones base game.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I'm at 80 hours of play time and I am seeing longer and longer loading screens. When I first started the game, loading screens were 2-3 seconds. Now they are anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute and becoming more and more annoying. This is 2 weeks after the game released. Anyone who thinks this is acceptable is fooling themselves. Because the minute you add an EP or other content, it's going to get longer and longer. At least TS2 and TS3 didn't start to slow down until you got multiple EPs added on. This is pretty pathetic for a bare bones base game.

Gosh that doesn't sound good. :open_mouth:

kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

But you guys knew the game had loading screens. And most knew Grant said as new content etc. is added the loading times would increase. I take that to mean as you add more Sims and households and clothes and textures, and objects to all those houses etc., of course it is going to take more time. It was a known feature. I hate to say it, but anyone who went in this game thinking the load screens wouldn't increase after many hours of game play and saving Sims etc., and their families and memories and their object filled houses wouldn't cause it to take longer were only fooling themselves. But some of it may be due to the buggy game, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I don't have any problems with loading screen times. Loading screens load usually in 5-7 seconds and not any slower and I have played with one family for 3 generations now.
    I have a Intel core I7 3630QM processor
    8GB ram
    GeForce GT 635M Graphics card
    HDD with 750GB memory
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    The loading screens don't seem like they are long to me, I haven't timed them yet though. I think that it's better then sims 3 though. In the time it would take for my sim to walk out to the curb, drive down to a lot, get out and walk to the entrance of somewhere(especially nightclubs in LN) and wait behind a few foot tapping sims to get in, the load screens would have already been done.
  • Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    edited September 2014
    Cinebar wrote: »

But you guys knew the game had loading screens. And most knew Grant said as new content etc. is added the loading times would increase. I take that to mean as you add more Sims and households and clothes and textures, and objects to all those houses etc., of course it is going to take more time. It was a known feature. I hate to say it, but anyone who went in this game thinking the load screens wouldn't increase after many hours of game play and saving Sims etc., and their families and memories and their object filled houses wouldn't cause it to take longer were only fooling themselves. But some of it may be due to the buggy game, too.

Agreed.

I'm not gonna be impatient and let a loading screen deter me from playing or even ruin my day.

• Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    During loading screens
    fall-asleep-gif.gif

• Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited September 2014
    Vagenius wrote: »
    The loading screens don't seem like they are long to me, I haven't timed them yet though. I think that it's better then sims 3 though. In the time it would take for my sim to walk out to the curb, drive down to a lot, get out and walk to the entrance of somewhere(especially nightclubs in LN) and wait behind a few foot tapping sims to get in, the load screens would have already been done.

Some people don't understand this. This is why the loading screens doesn't bug me at all. It's technically the same thing as watching you sim go with a car to somewhere or to watch the loading screens. No big difference.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    Wasn't this connected to the gallery having too many characters in it? Not sure.
    At least it's faster than Sims 3 initial loads. That takes over 10 min!