Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 very disappointed!!

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    take0nme wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Fact: you can't do all there is to offer even in the base game in one hour. You just can't. You returned it because you're not familiar with it, I get it but you did NOT give the game an honest effort, that's my opinion and I don't give a rat's plum who disagrees.

Yes, some people can if they don't play the game the way you play it. Me, I don't like collecting, gardening, or skilling. I don't like the whims are in my face 24/7. I am not a fan and never will be of moodlets. In TS3 or TS4. I don't like green eggs and ham..meaning I'm not one to spend my time in either game trying to learn a new dish to cook. Not going out and finding the ingredients either. Not my thang. Then I don't like being 'told' read this many books to gain that...too leaner...again not my style of how I think sandbox is played. Now add all that up and even with the more emotional Sim the stuff I just named is about half of this game in some ways. Well, I'm not one to play that half and if that half is the half of the game, then what does that leave people like me to do? Go to the gym, the clubs, the library and the museum. Forget about dining out with a romance, or dancing all night with a dj, or getting into some good old fashioned fights, since jealousy is out of the question in this game. Then that leaves me to interact on a constant basis to talk and talk and talk to other Sims. Don't get me wrong the multi tasking is Improved but nothing they couldn't have added to TS2 or TS3 in the past. The emotions are on overkill especially when the Sim goes from happy to angry or tense in heartbeat and you are scratching your head why that just happened before you can even solve the last intense moment.

See, If I don't do all that other stuff some you guys like, then what exactly am I left to do other than talk and talk and talk etc.?

Why do you play? lol

I don't, I returned it. I don't play the TS3 all that much either, just once in a blue moon. I find it amusing to no end that those who were loving TS3 last year are now saying it was the worst game ever, and saying the TS4 is the best game ever of all four, when both were made by the same people/teams. It's like a back hand compliment. The forums are a hoot.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    Fact: you can't do all there is to offer even in the base game in one hour. You just can't. You returned it because you're not familiar with it, I get it but you did NOT give the game an honest effort, that's my opinion and I don't give a rat's plum who disagrees.

Yes, some people can if they don't play the game the way you play it. Me, I don't like collecting, gardening, or skilling. I don't like the whims are in my face 24/7. I am not a fan and never will be of moodlets. In TS3 or TS4. I don't like green eggs and ham..meaning I'm not one to spend my time in either game trying to learn a new dish to cook. Not going out and finding the ingredients either. Not my thang. Then I don't like being 'told' read this many books to gain that...too leaner...again not my style of how I think sandbox is played. Now add all that up and even with the more emotional Sim the stuff I just named is about half of this game in some ways. Well, I'm not one to play that half and if that half is the half of the game, then what does that leave people like me to do? Go to the gym, the clubs, the library and the museum. Forget about dining out with a romance, or dancing all night with a dj, or getting into some good old fashioned fights, since jealousy is out of the question in this game. Then that leaves me to interact on a constant basis to talk and talk and talk to other Sims. Don't get me wrong the multi tasking is Improved but nothing they couldn't have added to TS2 or TS3 in the past. The emotions are on overkill especially when the Sim goes from happy to angry or tense in heartbeat and you are scratching your head why that just happened before you can even solve the last intense moment.

See, If I don't do all that other stuff some you guys like, then what exactly am I left to do other than talk and talk and talk etc.?

Why do you play? lol

I don't, I returned it. I don't play the TS3 all that much either, just once in a blue moon. I find it amusing to no end that those who were loving TS3 last year are now saying it was the worst game ever, and saying the TS4 is the best game ever of all four, when both were made by the same people/teams. It's like a back hand compliment. The forums are a hoot.

I don't let what people do get to me here, if they have an opinion that's theirs to keep. No sense in getting your panties in a twist.

None of the games are the worst games ever imo, they all bring something unique but I'll say it again, sims 3 still has nothing on sims 4 when it comes to how interactive the sims are :)
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Why do you play? lol

I don't let what people do get to me here, if they have an opinion that's theirs to keep. No sense in getting your panties in a twist.

None of the games are the worst games ever imo, they all bring something unique but I'll say it again, sims 3 still has nothing on sims 4 when it comes to how interactive the sims are :)

Everyone knows the TS3's Sim is not the Sim anybody really wanted. However, though the TS4 Sim is improved it is a set of emotions that must be attended in order to fulfill goals and vice versa. Many of the animations are canned animations (though very nice) and not really relative. For instance by that I mean the following. Next time take your Sim to that boat thingy in the park where children play. Have your Sim play the sea monster, watch the kids reactions to your Sim. You really won't see any. It's a façade, because once your Sim walks away they continue with the canned animations. At least in TS2 if we want to use this as an example of canned animations....on the pirate ship Sims were actually aware of each other and were actually looking at each when they played pirates. In this game, the children on that boat thingy are not even looking into your Sim's eyes. It's the small things that matter. Once you see things you can't unsee them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    I just noticed this thread was bumped almost 12 hours ago.... The OP isn't even on. >_>
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited September 2014
    Lol, well no wonder she did not answer.

She posted and walked away, lol.

Good for you,OP
    edited September 2014
    gmgar wrote: »
    Lol, well no wonder she did not answer.

She posted and walked away, lol.

Good for you,OP
    Actually if you checked it had nothing to do with walk away. More like a lack of activity in her thread than anything. You would see the time the thread died earlier was after the OP posted. She had to walk away or bother to bump an already unpopular thread at the time.
    Post edited by EasyToRead on
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • BaristatyeBaristatye Posts: 96 Member
    > @thelawtman said:
    > I do not want to be mean, but, most the the points that people are posting for reasons not liking the game were known for months ahead of time. Did you not decide to look and see what the game was, what features where and were not there?

Couldn't have saidbetter myself
  • DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    edited September 2014
    Baristatye wrote: »
    > @thelawtman said:<br />
    > I do not want to be mean, but, most the the points that people are posting for reasons not liking the game were known for months ahead of time. Did you not decide to look and see what the game was, what features where and were not there?<br />
    <br />

Millions of people play the sims games (and really this applies to all games), a vast, vast majority of them never visit forums or read review sites. They don't follow every guru tweet or facebook post. They played the last game and liked it, saw a new one came out, and decide to give it a try. I don't find it unreasonable at all that those folks are shocked when they get TS4 and find so many missing features and deem it not worth their time very quickly. Seems perfectly natural to me.
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    > I do not want to be mean, but, most the the points that people are posting for reasons not liking the game were known for months ahead of time. Did you not decide to look and see what the game was, what features where and were not there?<br />
    <br />

Millions of people play the sims games (and really this applies to all games), a vast, vast majority of them never visit forums or read review sites. They don't follow every guru tweet or facebook post. They played the last game and liked it, saw a new one came out, and decide to give it a try. I don't find it unreasonable at all that those folks are shocked when they get TS4 and find so many missing features and deem it not worth their time very quickly. Seems perfectly natural to me.
    I think it's a bit unreasonable to not check what you're buying. You can't buy things with a blind eye these days and this is EA we are talking about. The info about Sims 4 wasn't hidden. It was pretty publicized out there on forums and blogs. A few minutes or so of surfing and you would have all the info you needed.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    <br />

I think it's a bit unreasonable to not check what you're buying. You can't buy things with a blind eye these days and this is EA we are talking about. The info about Sims 4 wasn't hidden. It was pretty publicized out there on forums and blogs. A few minutes or so of surfing and you would have all the info you needed.

Lol~ Maybe they thought, "Hm, I'll give it a try. Ya never know, I might love it." :lol:

• KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hey truth to be told i am bored right now, after 30h playtime.
    Sims 4 lacks many details and some realism for a life simulation, for me it feels rushed, i can't shake the feeling off i am playing a Beta Game. Sorry this is the first Sims i can't like (and i am playing since Sims 1) and I am going back playing Sims 3.
    And yes i tested both Sims 3 Base and this Sims 4 and i am still saying Sims 3 is much better. Just the open World gives me the illusion from a living and breathing world and cause it has all things mentioned in my now following complaints.
    So i compared both Games just to make sure i am not overreacting cause of the missing Open World.
    Sims 4 could be much better!
    Maybe if they add at least a supermarket or grocery, cause it would actually make one more reason to go outside the house for buying food (i hate to buy my food from the fridge thats just not realistic), and some more Services, like technician, firefighter, newspaper delivery. Also i need more life in the Game, there are no burglars and so no police, i just can't live in a world where only Sims Friends and Random Sims walking my streets. And also the Detail with Vehicles/Cars since Sims 1 there were actually Cars coming to pick up the Sims to work and not just some stupid pop up pics. Also its plain and stupid that there is no really reason to work either, cause you can't make friends at work, and i am getting more money if i am just focusing on painting pics and selling them, also its boring doing nothing and just watch my house in the meantime while the Sims is out working. And i hate this overcharged bills in the end of the week (i am paying 4k just for a 90k worth household). And they should make the lastname after Marriage changeable or are you guys satisfied that your spouses still has their old lastname, cause i am not.

I won't play it anymore and no i won't pay anymore as long there is no changes in this actual Sims 4. I also stated my concern in the Feedback Thread and hopefully they will be heard, cause Sims 4 has great potential.
    Yes i did bought it blindly cause i am a huge Sims Fan (just not active in Forums) and i was always happy with the next Generation Sims.
    BUT with every new Sims you could have seen the improvements, this is not much bad either but it lacks what should and it was always been in a Sims Base Game.
    I also stated my concern in the Feedback Thread and hopefully they will be heard, cause Sims 4 has great potential and it shouldn't go down like this.
    I paid 80 Euro for the Premium Edition and Sims 4 is not worth the price right now.
    Well i am off short trip to Prague is waiting have a nice time playing Sims.
    Peace out.
  • AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    You must be playing a different version to me.
  • triplexlambtriplexlamb Posts: 152 Member
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > EasyToRead wrote: »
    >
    > DecafHigh wrote: »
    >
    > Baristatye wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Millions of people play the sims games (and really this applies to all games), a vast, vast majority of them never visit forums or read review sites. They don't follow every guru tweet or facebook post. They played the last game and liked it, saw a new one came out, and decide to give it a try. I don't find it unreasonable at all that those folks are shocked when they get TS4 and find so many missing features and deem it not worth their time very quickly. Seems perfectly natural to me.
    >
    >
    >
    > I think it's a bit unreasonable to not check what you're buying. You can't buy things with a blind eye these days and this is EA we are talking about. The info about Sims 4 wasn't hidden. It was pretty publicized out there on forums and blogs. A few minutes or so of surfing and you would have all the info you needed.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Lol~ Maybe they thought, "Hm, I'll give it a try. Ya never know, I might love it." :lol:

I just feel like there are some people who might have picked the game up on a whim but at the same time the people that are complaining normally are also complaining about the price, and if $70 is a big amount of money to you where you feel gipped then you shouldn't spend $70 on a product that you haven't researched. (not speaking to anyone directly just in general)
    xy2ja.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    > @Rflong7 said:<br />
    > EasyToRead wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > DecafHigh wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > Baristatye wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Millions of people play the sims games (and really this applies to all games), a vast, vast majority of them never visit forums or read review sites. They don't follow every guru tweet or facebook post. They played the last game and liked it, saw a new one came out, and decide to give it a try. I don't find it unreasonable at all that those folks are shocked when they get TS4 and find so many missing features and deem it not worth their time very quickly. Seems perfectly natural to me.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > I think it's a bit unreasonable to not check what you're buying. You can't buy things with a blind eye these days and this is EA we are talking about. The info about Sims 4 wasn't hidden. It was pretty publicized out there on forums and blogs. A few minutes or so of surfing and you would have all the info you needed.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Lol~ Maybe they thought, "Hm, I'll give it a try. Ya never know, I might love it." :lol:<br />
    <br />
    I just feel like there are some people who might have picked the game up on a whim but at the same time the people that are complaining normally are also complaining about the price, and if $70 is a big amount of money to you where you feel gipped then you shouldn't spend $70 on a product that you haven't researched. (not speaking to anyone directly just in general)

*sigh* Ooooo K.

They've played since The Sims and wanted to try The Sims 4... what did they have to check on? It's the Sims... I don't have any reason to judge why they did it or care that they spent their gaming money on a game they've liked for over 14 years. Plus, EA gave a guarantee- It was free to try and this person, among others, weren't happy and got their money back. What's the big deal? O.o

Oh, and I'm one who won't buy because I don't feel like it's worth my money but I've been a part of the forums for years, sooooo- Happy Simming! :mrgreen:
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    <br />

Lol~ Maybe they thought, "Hm, I'll give it a try. Ya never know, I might love it." :lol:
    That's my point exactly. You never know unless you check. B)
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I'm really surprised this thread is up!
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Does it matter? This is your first time posting in this thread anyways...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    > @Rflong7 said:<br />
    > EasyToRead wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > DecafHigh wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > Baristatye wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Millions of people play the sims games (and really this applies to all games), a vast, vast majority of them never visit forums or read review sites. They don't follow every guru tweet or facebook post. They played the last game and liked it, saw a new one came out, and decide to give it a try. I don't find it unreasonable at all that those folks are shocked when they get TS4 and find so many missing features and deem it not worth their time very quickly. Seems perfectly natural to me.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > I think it's a bit unreasonable to not check what you're buying. You can't buy things with a blind eye these days and this is EA we are talking about. The info about Sims 4 wasn't hidden. It was pretty publicized out there on forums and blogs. A few minutes or so of surfing and you would have all the info you needed.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Lol~ Maybe they thought, "Hm, I'll give it a try. Ya never know, I might love it." :lol:<br />
    <br />

*sigh* Ooooo K.

They've played since The Sims and wanted to try The Sims 4... what did they have to check on? It's the Sims... I don't have any reason to judge why they did it or care that they spent their gaming money on a game they've liked for over 14 years. Plus, EA gave a guarantee- It was free to try and this person, among others, weren't happy and got their money back. What's the big deal? O.o

Oh, and I'm one who won't buy because I don't feel like it's worth my money but I've been a part of the forums for years, sooooo- Happy Simming! :mrgreen:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I agree whole heartedly.

6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • the11thmoonthe11thmoon Posts: 249 Member
    edited September 2014
    The sims are NOTHING like they ever have been before, hello we are playing the SIMS. Most people are complaining about lack of content/etc. BUT what they don't realize is this game focuses on the most important factor. Our Sims. They are smarter, better, nicer to look at..everything you could want. I can't go back to the robot-sims I used to play, now that I've been playing with these sims I can't see another way. Sad to say its a waste of a ton of money on all the other games but I did play them til my heart was content..this game is the best imo!!

I hope you find what you're looking for in the sims eventually with more EPS coming out! :)

The SIMS are better yes.
    But sims are meant to interact with the WORLD.
    And the WORLD of Sims 4 (content) and it's layers are lacking.

What do are great sims with so many essential things missing.

Furthermore, if the focus is on the SIMS, why are the lifestages lacking and MISSING?!
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Rflong7, EasyToRead & Starglitters9909, the11thmoon

i agree with you, as a old Sims Game Fan you don't look what the next Sims is exactly, i did only see what the new Sims Feature are, more Emotions, more intelligence, new Graphics, new Sim creator, new Build mode. And thats the plus for me too. I do really like it.
    I didn't know it lacks so many contents and i am not talking about the missing open World Feature, i was ready to face it actually. But for me they just cuts content every new Sims must have and since Sims 1 did have .
    The Sims 4 just isn't enough for me as a Life Simulator yet. So in my eyes still Beta.
    I just bought it cause its a Sims Game and in every Sims Game you have seen the improvement and thats reason why i prepurchase it without knowing more. So if EA and Maxis thinks all Costumer are happy about this kind of content lack, i think they should stop creating Games.
    Its true they messed up Games before, but i never thought that could be happen with Sims too for me.
    I even like the new Sim City 2013 after the Server were more emptier, so that you can acutally play. I really like the idea of creating smaller specialized City to build a big Region, i do have lots of fun in the game.
    So i didn't have any reason to not like the Sims 4 too.

@ Atomicus i don't know maybe you can tell me what kind of Sims 4 Version i am playing or why they only missing in my Game. So would you be so kind ?
    If you can't tell me, than you're really a funny one ;)

Post edited by KrayzieStryker on
  • dudeaadriandudeaadrian Posts: 13 New Member
    I can say one thing about this game, he looks like an downgraded Sims 2.They took am lot on building but they aded some features for lazy people(that culd be added as well in SIM 3) but in the rest its an biiig rubish.In other version of the sims the colour of the pumbob changed only if the GOLBAL level of needs of the sim lovered under an level, now its changing for each one..,in other veersions you culd spend an whole day talking to sim (and make him friend) by changing topics(that usual people do) now you cant .. if you got to talk than you need to keep on that topic and it has very low rate of advancing,the skils...for exemple.. i need to learn the skil of handiness...weeel,i klicked on every object from my house whidout luck... so,if there are no books from wick to learm and you can get out of your neighborhood, than how to learn it..?(and i mean if you want top explore other places than your neighborhood with camera its forbidig you).And i cant see any improuvement in the "inteligence"or "reactions" of the sims.All that i see is just sims that are more simple created , more cartoonish, with some waling feature to put an smoke screen of what they too for real... And i realy can say all that.. i know SIM 2 and Sim 3 as well and with this one i played several days, i hads 2 jobs, get several skils , interacted with several people, so i know how it works...
  • RubyshanteRubyshante Posts: 2 New Member
    I've played the sims 4 for awhile now and yeah I'm getting really bored of it already, meh. The new gallery and stuff is cool but it gets old after awhile...I keep wanting to do things that I did in Sims 3 and realize that those options aren't available. I might take a a break with Sims 4 until some expacs come out. I kind of wished I waited on buying Sims 4 :(
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    FiraFrog wrote: »
    i think , TS is a plain dumb or a troll, test game for only one hour? gosh

I played for 2 hours and was ready to return it, but I decided to give it a little more time. The more I play it the more I enjoy it. I finally had to shut it down tonight because I actually want to get to bed before 2 in the morning. :o I'm having that much fun with it.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Atomicus wrote: »
    You must be playing a different version to me.
    I feel exactly the same when people are complaining about 3 lol.
    People should grant each other their pleasure shouldn't they..
    5JZ57S6.png
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Does it matter? This is your first time posting in this thread anyways...

Don't you sass me! :kiss: