Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anowor Designs Sims 4 Style (New: Desert Oasis 9/9/14 pg 1)

DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Posts: 371 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hey everyone. A new thread for a new experience. This thread will feature my builds & Sims in Sims4. To look for my builds in the Gallery, search for #DesiiAnowor or user: camokitten73
As always I try to keep my homes #NoCC .

Houses using Pre-Made Rooms:
Country Haven - page 1 (9/3/14)

Original House
Bar Dreams - page 1(9/3/14)
Desert Oasis - page 1(9/9/14) A BuildSims Request

Original Room:

Original Sims:

If you want something built for you, head on over to BuildSims (see my signature) and put in a request (Sims3 & Sims4).
Post edited by DesiiAnowor on

Comments

• DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Posts: 371 Member
    Reserved Just in Case
    Another Reserved Just in Case
    Introducing Country Haven. This 1BR,1BA home was made for my collector sim using pre-made rooms in build mode. No CC. #DesiiAnowor
    Keep in mind this home was made using the pre-built rooms featured in build mode; I may have chosen another color, deleted decor, or moving things around & resized the rooms.

Home Front:
    09-03-14_8-47nbspPM_zps22f69162.png

Kitchen:
    09-03-14_8-48nbspPM_zpsa7aabe18.png

Living:
    09-03-14_8-48nbspPM-3_zps63179666.png

Bedroom:
    09-03-14_8-48nbspPM-6_zpsd87e1b71.png

Bathroom:
    09-03-14_8-48nbspPM-5_zps6d7b5e36.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your sims 4 builds. :)
    Country Haven is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of the build! The colour of the exterior is nice. It looks very nice how you have done the porch fencing and the stairs at the front and side. The flowers along the edges of the porch look nice. It looks nice that you have placed a cart of flowers outside the home. The lights either side of the front door look welcoming.Nice furnishing of the interior. The island kitchen counter is great. It looks nice how you have placed the bookcase in the corner of the kitchen. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas in the living room. The wall lights look nice placed either side of the picture. The pattern on the bed is very nice. The flower picture on the bedhead wall is nice for sims to see when they wake up in the mornings. The flowers on the dresser is a nice touch. Nice shade of blue that is on the bathroom walls. The patterned floor rug there looks nice.
    It is a great home! :)
    Thank you for the lovely feedback @Rosemow. This home was a delight to build while exploring the new build options and pre-built rooms.
    This is the first house I built. I wanted something for my mixologist Sim to entertain guests at home while practicing her mixing skills. This is an original home; and was built so I could play around with different options in build mode. I love the roofing options! This opens up a whole new world of ways to build (and I already have an idea in mind for an elven styled home - keep a check out for that one soon!) I do wish there were a way to color the ceilings.

Bar Dreams:
    This is a 1Br/1-1/2Ba home. Downstairs is solely for entertaining guests; complete with bar, dining, television seating, and radio for dancing. Upstairs is a small reading nook, bathroom, and bedroom. For this home you will need to search camokitten73 in the gallery because I forgot to tag it! The pictures were taken at night (sorry if the outside is a little dark!)

Home Front:
    09-03-14_11-44nbspPM_zps97dae58e.png

Looking through Window:
    09-03-14_11-46nbspPM_zpsb54d27c8.png

Bar & Kitchen:
    09-03-14_11-46nbspPM-2_zps2d5a63bb.png

Entertaining Area:
    09-03-14_11-46nbspPM-3_zps04a9cd8c.png

Upstairs Bath:
    09-03-14_11-48nbspPM-3_zps662f9409.png

Reading Nook:
    09-03-14_11-48nbspPM-4_zps7ac7320c.png

Bedroom:
    09-03-14_11-47nbspPM_zps1533f492.png

Overhead Shot of Downstairs:
    09-03-14_11-45nbspPM-2_zps434271d4.png

Overhead Shot of Upstairs:
    09-03-14_11-45nbspPM_zps075a4e7b.png

Side Shot of Home: (shows off roofing)
    09-03-14_11-49nbspPM_zpsdaea485a.png

The curved roofing on Bar Dreams looks so very nice! :) The water fountains at the front of the home and the lights edging either side of the front footpath look very nice! Very nice design of the kitchen and bar area! It looks very nice how you done the bar counter dining area, with the long bar and the stools for the sims to sit and have a drink or meal on.The pattern on the walls looks nice. The pink colour of the kitchen counters looks nice with the green colour of the walls. Very nice entertaining area! It looks great how you have designed this tv watching area. The alternating coloured arm chairs look nice. Sims will enjoy sitting watching tv there. Sims will have fun dancing to the music from the stereo. The red and black colour scheme of the upper level looks very nice and stylish. Very nice type of masterbed that you have used and the piano keys picture that you have placed on the bedhead wall looks nice . Great reading nook! The patterned circular floor mat looks nice with the colour of the armchairs. It looks very effective how you have placed the one black chair there and then the three red chairs. It gives a great look.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    I love the country house's kitchen! Reminds me of my child hood! Also, your second house has some definite SWAG! Love it!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Cute homes. I especially like the country one. :)
    @Rosemow Thank you again for such lovely reviews. They are always a joy to read.

@Ash072 Thank you. That kitchen is from the pre-built rooms. When I saw it, I had to have it in the home. I am partial to country looks (I grew up on a farm) and that kitchen reminds me of the kitchen from my child hood as well. The second house I wanted something a little more modern, a little more upbeat :)

@yanti68 Thank you. Hopefully, as time allows I will be doing more country themed homes. I especially want to try to recreate some Thomas Kinkade homes. I think with the new roof options I may be able to get them right.
    DESERT OASIS
    A BuildSims request for Kaylz20.
    Built in: Oasis Springs
    Lot: 40x30 (originally Arid Ridge)

This desert styled home features 3br/3ba, Eat-In Kitchen, Formal Dining, Living Area, Study, Art/Play room, outdoor entertaining area, outdoor playground. Perfect for a couple just starting out or a small family.

Cover_zpse8ca80f2.png

02backyard_zps56069276.png

03secondfloor_zpsdb20b639.png

04mainfloor_zps803e196a.png

05kitchen_zpsafad19c4.png

06bath01_zpsf49962fe.png

06living_zps7ecc1c76.png

08study_zps8fb08144.png

09artplayroom_zps1f40e9bd.png

10bath02_zpsf75a91e4.png

11masterbedroom_zps0a46dbb2.png

12masterbath_zpsb8049af9.png

13nurserykids_zpsd98ce767.png

14guestbed_zps81d41241.png

15backyardplay_zpsee728831.png

Desert Oasis is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of it! The curved roofing in the front area of the home looks very nice! Very nice texture of the exterior of the house. Nice outdoors area for sims to enjoy sitting on the seat bench enjoying the sunshine, with the nice birdbath with the flowers and rocks around the base of it for them to see. Child sims will have fun playing on the pirate ship. Great outdoors patio for sims to enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating outdoors in the air at the umbrella covered table. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there in the sunshine. Very nice curved front porch! Sims will enjoy sitting there on the seat watching the people pass by their house. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! Great design and furnishing of the kitchen! The island bar stool and sink counter is great! Nice colour of and placement of the kitchen cabinets. It looks great how you have the arches leading from the kitchen to dining room area. Very nice window dining alcove area! Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows whilst dining there. Very nice living room area. It is nice how you have angled the armchairs there for sims to enjoy sitting resting in front of the fireplace and having a chat. The scenic picture on the wall above the fireplace is nice for sims to see when sitting there. Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofa watching tv. The display shelves in the corner looks nice there. The type of curtains that you have used through the home looks very nice. Very nice study room! Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofa there reading a book from the bookcase or enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst sitting at the window study desk area using the computer. Very nice family room! Child sims will have fun playing with the toys in the toy chest whilst other sims family members are enjoying painting on the easel in the window art nook area or enjoying playing the guitar. It is a great place for the family to enjoy doing a variety of things together. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The butterflies pictures on the bedhead wall in the master bedroom are nice for sims to see when getting into bed. The rabbits pattern on the wall in the kids bedroom looks cute! Nice armchair sitting area in the other double bedroom. The patterned floor rugs in the bedrooms look very nice. Sims will enjoy looking out through the bedroom windows at the views of what is happening outdoors.
    It is a great home! :)
  • KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Love your builds! You have great color schemes and interior styles. I particularly like the kids' room. Great work! :)
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    Very nice builds! I love all the red in bar dreams ^_^
  • TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    All of your builds look great, and are really unique designs :) I especially enjoyed your Desert Oasis build, I love the shape and colour of the exterior, and the detailing you put into the interior to make it look just right!
    Thank you @Rosemow @KaylyRed @Veriona & @TheMatteo0.

@Rosemow - I'm gonna start asking you to write up the descriptions for my builds :) lol - wonderful feedback as always.
    @KaylyRed - I love that kids' room too! When I saw those bunnies I just had to include them. I love how it looks like they are jumping through the grass.
    @Veriona - The red in Bar Dreams really jumps out. I thought it would fit someone who is trying to make a living as a Mixologist. It also gave me an idea for a vampire themed home that I may build at some point.
    @TheMatteo0 - Thank you for your feedback. I do try to put the little details in, that's what makes it a home and not just another house.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Desert Oasis is wonderful! Very charming interiors too! :)
    DESERT OASIS

05kitchen_zpsafad19c4.png

That kitchen with the use of those arches that lead into the dining room is an awesome design choice and I love it. It's something I'd want in real life for my home.

5sXtTqH.png
  • Jasonmazda2Jasonmazda2 Posts: 3,532 Member
    very creative! keep it up :D
    hgjghj.jpg
    Thank you @yanti68 @Ash072 and @Jasonmazda2

@yanti68 I suppose I tend to decorate the interiors similar to how I grew up on a farm; unless the client requests a specific style. I just love something that says 'country'.

@Ash072 The home I grew up in had a large kitchen that opened into the dining area with a wide arch & bar. I can not stand a small kitchen in my own home, so I suppose that carries over into building. There should always be plenty of storage space and counter space. To me the kitchen is the main room of the home as it is where I spent most of my in-door time growing up :)

@Jasonmazda2 I intend to :) I am loving the possibilities we have with Sims4 building; and I want more! lol I do miss the CASt feature.
    edited September 2014
    @Jasonmazda2 I was looking through your photos on photo-bucket and I have a question about one. How did you get the smaller cabinet over the fridge? I tried doing that in Desert Oasis over the stove but I couldn't figure out how to do it!
    Picture taken from your photo-bucket:
    09-06-14_8-46nbspPM-6.png
    edited September 2014
    @DesiiAnowor - when you go to "cabinets", on the left side you will see a small icon that when you hover over it will say "automatic placement." Click that off and then you'll get a small graphic that shows all the various counter types from small to large and in between. Also ones with dishes.
    5sXtTqH.png