Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Marriage not changing name?

I've had two sims married so far, and I've noticed with each one, it is not changing the name of my "Bride' sim. I just got my sim Candace married and her last name remained Hart =(

This intended? (I hope not =( ) or just a buggybug?

Comments

• SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    it's a glitch/bug :( hope when they do release a next patch it'll include this fix
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • AikeikoAikeiko Posts: 158 Member
    Glad it's not intended. Time to wait for the fix =D.
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    yeah...there is quite a few pesky bug's that are complete plum right now lol...I'm pretty sure they have the hand's full right now and having to go through the threads and read the problem's
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    It happened to me too and I'm peeved about it. I was going to hold off on marrying my other sims under this glitch is fixed but I don't have the patience. I just want them to have a family already :/
    mRzKqv8.gif?1
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    There's a workaround for us in the meantime.

1. Pull up the cheat command console with <shift> <ctrl> C
    2. Type testingcheats on
    3. Type cas.fulleditmode
    4. <shift>-click on one of the sims and choose Modify in CAS
    5. Change the bride's name
    6. Click the check mark to go back into the game
  • AikeikoAikeiko Posts: 158 Member
    Thanks for that, I'll give it a go =D
  • DezCorderoDezCordero Posts: 153 Member
    Just be warned the cheat has a chance to mess up your family relationships.

Dez
  • cooliofauncooliofaun Posts: 7 New Member
    I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE.
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Yeah my sim wooed another sim I made named Mayumi Sotomura, and when they married, she didn't get the hubbies last name. So my work around was to use the cheat to unlock CAS full edit mode and manually changed the name.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I hope they can at least add in a patch a simple name change option through the phone for a fee or something.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    They should give an option -- keep names as is or change names with the choice of what to change name to, so if you wanted a hyphenated name or if you had a same-sex wedding where you wouldn't necessarily have a single groom (either two men or two women marrying), you'd have a choice. Some women do keep their original last names for professional purposes; I could see my comedian Sim wanting to keep her name for that reason.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)