Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

73 second long loading screen

Comments

• SkySky Posts: 62 Member
    Atomicus wrote: »
    I AM SORRY

for typing in all caps. :sob:

I HAVE BEEN

defending EA. :flushed:

FTFY
  • RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Starting a legacy in 3.

But I might have a lot of kids. So those family trees that are included will be useful. And I'll have my hands full with toddlers.

Might even put a pool in for those short, distinguishable teenagers to have a splash around in.

But first I need to send my Sim to the grocery store, it shouldn't take a minute.

o:)
  • AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    I AM SORRY

I HAVE BEEN

drinking coffee. :flushed:

How does that affect how you type? :confused:
    Small joke. I don't like coffee. Sugar_Buzz.png

• AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    I AM SORRY

I HAVE BEEN

drinking coffee. :flushed:

How does that affect how you type? :confused:
    Just an excuse...
    It was a freaking joke since someone said it to be last time I wrote in capital letters.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    Starting a legacy in 3.

But I might have a lot of kids. So those family trees that are included will be useful. And I'll have my hands full with toddlers.

Might even put a pool in for those short, distinguishable teenagers to have a splash around in.

But first I need to send my Sim to the grocery store, it shouldn't take a minute.

It shouldn't take a minute with your brand new car.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Starting a legacy in 3.

Oww are you going to use that car to drive through the neighbourhood to your place of work, or perhaps to take your child to school? ;)

kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Irish_Chick81Irish_Chick81 Posts: 301 Member
    Starting a legacy in 3.

Or bicycle!
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Starting a legacy in 3.

Lol how does someone disagree with this?
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    To be honest, a loading screen is actually a good idea from a health point of view. I can sit playing the game for hours, quite literally, and keeping my eyes focussed on my monitor for such a long time is really not good. So in a way, as annoying as it might be to have to avert your eyes every so often, it could be considered a good thing by many.
    Starting a legacy in 3.

You're right. But I don't really like the car's colour. I might... customise it.
    Sucom wrote: »
    To be honest, a loading screen is actually a good idea from a health point of view. I can sit playing the game for hours, quite literally, and keeping my eyes focussed on my monitor for such a long time is really not good. So in a way, as annoying as it might be to have to avert your eyes every so often, it could be considered a good thing by many.

But you're still staring at the screen when there's a load screen. If you need to take a break then leaving the computer and going for a walk is much more beneficial.

kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    Why are people interpreting "works better on low end computers" to be "can run super fast on low end computers with everything on ultra and 3 second loading screens and no crashes". Your expectations are completely unrealistic.

What some people are forgetting is that Sims 3 had an extremely long loading screen before getting to the menu to select your game (with the plumbob splash) and then an additional extremely long loading screen while opening the world. All that together was at least a good 5-10 minutes, depending on your PC. The loading screens to actually start the game are SIGNIFICANTLY reduced and on my laptop (which is 4 years old now, all settings on high not ultra) and my loading time to get to other lots hasn't been more than 30 seconds. Not to mention, saving the game is significantly faster than in Sims 3.
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited September 2014
    I don't know 1minute and 13 seconds doesn't sound that bad. Maybe its because I've been gaming a long time, but anything under 5 minutes is decent. I mean 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is going to take some time to load. Right now my loading is pretty low under 15 seconds (offline mode only, longer online). Either way, much better than TS3 which took like 30 minutes to load. TS2 I think my loading screens with all Eps and a few gigs of CC takes around 3-5minutes to load. So yeah not bad really.
    edited September 2014
    Davlan wrote: »
    Why are people interpreting "works better on low end computers" to be "can run super fast on low end computers with everything on ultra and 3 second loading screens and no crashes". Your expectations are completely unrealistic.

What some people are forgetting is that Sims 3 had an extremely long loading screen before getting to the menu to select your game (with the plumbob splash) and then an additional extremely long loading screen while opening the world. All that together was at least a good 5-10 minutes, depending on your PC. The loading screens to actually start the game are SIGNIFICANTLY reduced and on my laptop (which is 4 years old now, all settings on high not ultra) and my loading time to get to other lots hasn't been more than 30 seconds. Not to mention, saving the game is significantly faster than in Sims 3.

Actually most people in this thread have referenced those exact things about TS3 if you look through the thread
    Davlan wrote: »

Preaching to the wrong choir, sister. I can load Sims 3 in under two minutes.
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    @Smylish I love your avatar :) Is she in the gallery? Sorry for offtopic :x
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Starting a legacy in 3.

You're right. But I don't really like the car's colour. I might... customise it.

And maybe you can visit the graveyard and chat with some ghosts when nighttime comes.
    oh3cjs.jpg

Showing off that your pc can play the next generation of graphics and gameplay so smoothly!

Oh wait ... ^^
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    Hardware does have a lot to do with it. Any new game you're gonna wanna run it on decent machine

And, if you read the specs, OP met the reqs for the game. *I'M* the one who doesn't meet them, and the game runs just fine for me.

Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

Starting a legacy in 3.

And maybe you can visit the graveyard and chat with some ghosts when nighttime comes.

Maybe I will. It might be scary, but at least emotions can't kill me or anything.
  • DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member

Lucky you, mine took ages. Sims 4 loads much faster for me, and with higher graphics settings. Plus, no giant blocks of grey that sit there while I pause and wait for textures to load.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I have a decent computer and I have slow-ish loading screens. It is a laptop, but it can run most modern games on ultra settings.

By decent, I mean it has a 4th generation i5, an mSSD primary drive where the OS and all games are installed, 12 GB of ram, and dual 650m graphics card in SLI, which I do not believe the Sims uses.

My loading screens are 30-40 seconds.

Showing off that your pc can play the next generation of graphics and gameplay so smoothly!

Oh wait ... ^^

When "next generation graphics" looks like something made out of a play-do set, I'm not too bothered.
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »

And, if you read the specs, OP met the reqs for the game. *I'M* the one who doesn't meet them, and the game runs just fine for me.

Nooo the Op can't meet the minimum specs, and have a long load time. That means people can't moan about how it's the OP's computer that is to blame and not sims 4. :open_mouth:
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member

Oh wait ... ^^

Oh don't mind those people. I pretty much call 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on them because there is like no way that's happening. I have a better computer than the average gamer and when I first got it...it took an HOUR for me to actually starting playing TS3. Doesn't help that it didn't work very well with Windows 8.1, but a decent sized neighborhood took 15-30 minutes to load. Eff that. I basically had to download a small map of about 30 lots that was nearly empty just to play in under 10 minutes. Of course the more houses you put in the longer it takes >.> I just wish I could get all the money I wasted on TS3 back lol. TS4 is actually playable.