Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I miss create a style when building!

ยซ1
kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
Does anyone know if they will bring it out for TS4? Everything doesn't match properly it's frustrating, create a style bought alot of character to my rooms :(
May we all chill like wizards

Comments

• Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    I agree, I keep using almost the same items just because they are what appeals and feel put together in my eyes. CAS did cause a lot of lag (for me at least), but who knows let's cross fingers together they can add in a basic one ^_^
  • Options
    asphyxiateddollasphyxiateddoll Posts: 139 Member
    I really miss it a lot too, I can't count how many times I want to use a certain furniture item only to find that it doesn't match the present color palette I have in mind.
    Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
    Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll
  • Options
    I hope they bring something out, It did cause alot of lag but it was worth it for my little touches :D
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I hope they bring something out, It did cause alot of lag but it was worth it for my little touches :D

I hear ya lol I don't know who in the team thought it was neat to make set items but not have all of them match aka kitchen cabinets vs counters, like really? :3 Oh sims base gods, please give us basic color wheel ^_^; will <3 you forever!
  • Options
    Ohh the colour wheel <3 it's making me want to do some building on TS3 now :D
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    Preach!!!

I can tell I am going to end up using the same stuff over and over simply because I can actually find a match for them. I would not mind presets so much if they were thoughtfully planned.

I recently wanted to use this green bed...but good luck finding anything to match it...either in shade or in wood finish....forget about style.
    6d13c9e6-eea8-4451-9776-b53f8ff97b58.png

And the colored foundations? No matching colored wall. Why?!?
    bf6965ca-a8ca-437d-bd67-5a76330b3741.png
  • Options
    Seriously, sometimes I feel like I'm getting trolled when I have some decor ideas for my sims... only to find I've been sitting here looking at the same stuff browsing the same color sets for a hour. My butt hurts. Plz add basic color wheel.
  • Options
    Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    It is very frustrating for me as well. I have a hard time staying "focused" when building and find myself becoming "tense" and "sad". Just to be able to change the wood and cloth separately would make me "very happy".
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • Options
    DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    I agree. It is rather frustrating that there isn't more cohesion in the color palates that they chose to provide. Even without CASt, I would really appreciate a color wheel. I understand that CASt did require a lot of processing power, but if they take out all the patterns and just let us change the colors that would be a massive improvement.

That being said, the one positive thing that's come out of this is that it's forcing me to think about decorating in a more open mindset than "all the colors should match". Mixing different colors and textures can actually help make a room or house look more interesting.
  • Options
    NancyBekinsNancyBekins Posts: 13 New Member
    There are definitely times I have wished the color wheel existed in Sims 4. The options just aren't there, whether you want small changes or you want to make a statement piece (or room). Though I will say without all the color/pattern options I haven't spent as much time as I used to when creating. I've actually played the game in live mode more, which is very fun.
  • Options
    And I can't believe the carpets... 2 peices of carpet to choose from... and they are all REALLY light colours. I appreciate all the extra things like 'clutter' the coffee mugs, and the extra plants. But when in build mode, there isn't a lot to choose from, and if there is, the colours don't match or whatever. BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
  • Options
    drslimidrslimi Posts: 207 Member
    Don't even get me started with this.... i cried for hours when I realized how terrible the colors are and how barely anything matches. What is up with all of the single-tile doors being white!? please give us a color wheel :(
    Visit my blog for all of my downloads, pictures, and videos!!!
    www.SimsCreations.com
  • Options
    MandyAmandyMandyAmandy Posts: 51 Member
    The lag was from having to load every single pattern and preset color swatch. If they would just give us a color wheel or let us select our own hex colors for the items (Each section IE: Counter top / bottom cabinet etc...) Then it would make this so much easier and delightful. Right now, I have to set down a pre-made room in the back yard, arrange all the furniture into the house the way I want it, then demolish the shell just so I don't spend hours trying to make a matching theme for a room.
  • Options
    SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    > @Veriona said:
    > I agree, I keep using almost the same items just because they are what appeals and feel put together in my eyes. CAS did cause a lot of lag (for me at least), but who knows let's cross fingers together they can add in a basic one ^_^

Yes, I agree, I hope they add a "basic" one.. I liked the CAS in TS3 but for me it felt like there was too much going on and I experienced a lot of lag. I feel like the whole create a sim thing in general was just too much. I LOVE how it is now, the way it's categorized and how you can filter things to find what you're looking a lot faster and easier. I hope they implement CAS in a similar way; a more simplified and convenient version of it. Would be totally awesome!
  • Options
    nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    There are definitely times I have wished the color wheel existed in Sims 4. The options just aren't there, whether you want small changes or you want to make a statement piece (or room). Though I will say without all the color/pattern options I haven't spent as much time as I used to when creating. I've actually played the game in live mode more, which is very fun.

I absolutely agree! The color wheel was nice because you could customize everything, but then I felt like I HAD to customize everything and I did and spent less time playing.

You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • Options
    JulyRaines7JulyRaines7 Posts: 130 Member
    It is the main reason I am not buying Sims 4. It would frustrate me to no end not to be able to color match and decorate my homes the way I want. That is the one of the most enjoyable parts of playing the Sims for me.
  • Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    Sadly, if you read page 14 of simgurugram's "ask a guru" thread, he states that create a style is not something he sees coming in the future for the sims 4. He says to bring it back would mean going back on some core decisions they made about the game as well as redoing most of the games art assets which would be a huge undertaking.

The prospects for CAST coming back looks very grim indeed. :'(
    sigg.gif

• Options
    22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    CASt made it near impossible to play the Sims 3 on my laptop especially when I added CCs but it really would be nice to at least get the color wheel and maybe a streamlined version of CASt that didn't give quite as many options.
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    The Sims 2 didn't have CASt (color wheel and changing patterns), but didn't it let you change the fabric and wood separately? If so, why couldn't they have done that?
  • Options
    KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    edited September 2014
    Signed! I miss CASt, too.

In the absence of CASt, at least get the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ color swatches to match - it's ridiculous! A good example is the siding. I can use the siding that's half brick, half clapboard (or whatever) on a first story exterior, but there's no matching plain clapboard siding for the second story. How does that even make sense?
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    I'm taking the loss of CAST pretty hard, but the reality of it is that it is very highly unlikely to return. I think we need to get out and make suggestions to the gurus about how to improve the current customization problem in the sims 4 because simply adding more color swatches won't solve the problem, especially as more content gets added to the game.

What if they were able to bring back the color wheel in the form of an in-game Create-a-Swatch tool? I envision that the game would have a swatch(s) (swatches from single color to triad) that you could customize. When you click on one of these swatches the color wheel comes up. This color wheel would have the same functionality as the sims 3 color wheel (ability to use hex codes and adjust saturation, etc.). When your done you can apply that swatch to the object.

I am thinking of asking SimGuruGram if something like this is possible with sims 4 when his thread opens up again. At least something like this would bring back color customization without having to create CC. Textures are a different story though. Some swatches have patterns, but one have textures that I know of (my game will be here Monday than I can check on this fully, this is all based on the CAS demo for now).
    sigg.gif

• Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited September 2014
    Signed! I miss CASt, too.

In the absence of CASt, at least get the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ color swatches to match - it's ridiculous! A good example is the siding. I can use the siding that's half brick, half clapboard (or whatever) on a first story exterior, but there's no matching plain clapboard siding for the second story. How does that even make sense?

I know, right? And there are no walls that match the foundations. There should be a matching wall for every foundation color/texture. And it is easy enough to do. I dont know what they were thinking.
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Preach!!!

I can tell I am going to end up using the same stuff over and over simply because I can actually find a match for them. I would not mind presets so much if they were thoughtfully planned.

I recently wanted to use this green bed...but good luck finding anything to match it...either in shade or in wood finish....forget about style.
    6d13c9e6-eea8-4451-9776-b53f8ff97b58.png

And the colored foundations? No matching colored wall. Why?!?
    bf6965ca-a8ca-437d-bd67-5a76330b3741.png

Two of my issues too! Unless you like lime, the selection of green furnishings and wall colors is limited to non existent. And what about the single panel interior doors. I have no white doors in my home, but thats all they offer here! I can see lots of cc in my future.

kim :(

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    k3okik3oki Posts: 107 Member
    This game could have been a LOT better if they included the CASt. It's so frustrating to build and decorate in The Sims 4 after 5 years using the CASt in The Sims 3, specially when you want to use 2 objects together but are impossible to match in color, also happens with the clothing... not to mention the walls and floor textures-colors options, there's a lot of stuff I will never use in the actual colors they are. Hope they fix this in any way.
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    You know what's really hanging me up today? Not only am I struggling to find things that match/blend in color, but when I find something that looks like a decent choice and I put it down, only to find once it's in place that the color isn't right at all, depending on the lighting used (I think it's the lighting messing it up, anyway, but I'm not sure - I think some of the swatches are just plain off). I have a house and an apartment building in progress and when those are done, I may have to take a little break and build something in Sims 3. Nothing wrong with going back and forth between games, right? :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg