Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Searching For CC Content

Be very careful I ran across a couple of sites that offered CC's and addition attempted to send me malware.

Comments

• misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    Always go to a trusted CC creator who have already been creating with the sims 1, 2, 3 games over the years.
    new.png
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    If you really want to warn people it might be good to say who the creator was or what website they are on or something.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    When downloading content from various file sharing sites, it can be very easy to click on what you think is a download link, but actually is an advertisement made to look like the download. Some file sharing sites a quite straight forward like dropbox, others, like 4-shared, are not.
  • harryjames009harryjames009 Posts: 84 Member
    I can't remember what site it was, it was in Chinese though. I think I got there by looking at the SIMS 4 UPDATE page.
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    When downloading content from various file sharing sites, it can be very easy to click on what you think is a download link, but actually is an advertisement made to look like the download. Some file sharing sites a quite straight forward like dropbox, others, like 4-shared, are not.

I might not have as many issues with that sort of thing since I run an adblock add-on in my browser(s). I remember being pretty irritated with mediafire before for this sort of reason, that's some pretty unscrupulous business practice if they have fake download links/buttons that give people malware.
    HSon1Mq.png