Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elders won't die!

I've got two elders in my game who just refuse to die. I've already had the popups for both of them about how "they don't have long left" and then how it's the "last few days", the age bars are completely full... I keep waiting and waiting, but they're just not dying. I've tried making them work out on the running machine until they're Very Uncomfortable then woohoo-ing, I've tried making them woohoo 5 times in a row without a break (!)... nothing seems to work. I really want them to die of old age, rather than starving them etc. But there's another baby due in this family which will make 3 kids (along with 2 parents, and the 2 elders), and I need to convert the elder's bedroom to another kid's room ASAP :p

Aging is on for the household, and they're on a normal lifespan.

Any tips?
수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
my new simblr
lWAXrDZ.png

Comments

• Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    Why don't you just lock them up in a room?
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    Miricha wrote: »
    I've got two elders in my game who just refuse to die. I've already had the popups for both of them about how "they don't have long left" and then how it's the "last few days", the age bars are completely full... I keep waiting and waiting, but they're just not dying.

Normally, people who always say those live longer than anyone else.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    You are trying too hard! Let nature takes its course!

Sorry I don't have any advice to give you, I just hope they both don't die on the same day the baby is born!

I am curious too, so I will bookmark this and see what advice is given ;)
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    sholtx wrote: »
    Why don't you just lock them up in a room?

I don't want to be cruel, lol. I did like these sims, but their time is up!
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Seems they are stuck. Try taking them to several lots then come back home. Play the others and ignore them, they should probably die. A watched pot never boils.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Seems they are stuck. Try taking them to several lots then come back home. Play the others and ignore them, they should probably die. A watched pot never boils.

Good idea. I'll give that a go, thanks. :)
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited September 2014
    I would probably just wait for them to die off but if you really want to expand the family then I would build them a nice little house close by and send them there to live. You can visit whenever you want unless you are playing a formal legacy then I am afraid you will just have to wait for the grim reaper. I don't know about Sims 4 but in Sims 3 if they worked out they lived even longer. I have a guy in my house right now that is 101 days old or something...he is pretty spry. I like the way old people are in this game. He complains of his back hurting LOL...Pretty familiar since I complain of the same thing. Good luck...hope they die off soon. I know if can be frustrating waiting.

Edited to add: When my Sim married this man he was an adult and I am playing on Normal so not that far off from elder as he was part way through and they had 5 kids together LOL. Maybe all the whoo hooing is keeping him young.
    Post edited by Glimmer50 on
  • Options
    MonkeeGoddessMonkeeGoddess Posts: 315 Member
    I'm having the same problem. My sim married a man that was about to become an elder. Despite that she ended up having six kids with him. I didn't think he was going to live long enough for their last child to even be born. Especially since Katrina Caliente decided to up and die at my house one day. I assumed that the husband would pass on as well. But nope! Not only did he see their last child be born, he was there for her to turn into a child. He doesn't seem to be in the mood to go anytime soon either.
    The desert is calling.
    The emptiness of space.
    The hunger of a lion
    Is written on your face.
    A maniac's new love song.
    Destruction is his game.
    I need a new direction,
    Cause I have lost my way.

• Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    My original couple had twin girls. They both aged up too fast. They were both elders when the girls were still children. I was getting tons of those messages about dad while the girls were teens. I tried to do a lot. I didn't get any hints about mom. Well after eating her yogurt one morning while everyone was out, she collapsed and died! Meanwhile, dad is still here. The girls both are YA. One girl married, had a baby and is pregnant with her second. I keep expecting him to die every day. He helps out a lot with the baby who just became a child.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    good thing i turn off aging i much prefer playing with aging fully turn off
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Irish_Chick81Irish_Chick81 Posts: 301 Member
    Query somewhat off topic here but to do with elders, I want to put a married couple - a young adult female with an elder man (like the couple from modern family) - can that couple still get pregnant?
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited September 2014
    Yep, my guy is an elder and she just had her 5th child.

Another option: Get the cow plant going in your game and send them out to play LOL. Oops just got eaten.
  • Options
    Irish_Chick81Irish_Chick81 Posts: 301 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Yep, my guy is an elder and she just had her 5th child.

Ah thank you :)
  • Options
    Does the Grim Reaper read these forums? Because I loaded up my game, and after only a few sim-hours, he showed up armed with his scythe and tablet!

09-11-14_1-27nbspPM-3.png
    Wife dying? No problem, just hop out of bed, go to the bathroom, have a snack, and don't worry about it.

09-11-14_1-34nbspPM.png

09-11-14_1-35nbspPM.png
    The deceased's daughter got to share the exciting news about her pregnancy in between mourning. (Whoops, walls down, sorry...)

One down, one to go!
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    Wilhyral1Wilhyral1 Posts: 97 Member
    Does the Grim Reaper read these forums? Because I loaded up my game, and after only a few sim-hours, he showed up armed with his scythe and tablet!

09-11-14_1-27nbspPM-3.png
    Wife dying? No problem, just hop out of bed, go to the bathroom, have a snack, and don't worry about it.

09-11-14_1-34nbspPM.png

09-11-14_1-35nbspPM.png
    The deceased's daughter got to share the exciting news about her pregnancy in between mourning. (Whoops, walls down, sorry...)

One down, one to go!

Awesome.

• Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    You tried to kill them by constant woohoo?

They probably feel more invigorated and full of life than ever!
  • Options
    KaelynaKaelyna Posts: 109 Member
    edited September 2014
    Drown them

Oh wait
  • Options
    BearLandBucFanBearLandBucFan Posts: 91 Member
    They are the first TS4 Vampires! :D
  • Options
    MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    Does the Grim Reaper read these forums?

So THAT'S what's on his tablet! :D:D
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • Options
    kturner1015kturner1015 Posts: 245 Member
    Ha, my boyfriend's elder died twice :-P the first time she died, her daughter pleaded w/ the grim reaper & her life was spared. then she got electrocuted a couple days later and was out cold.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Well, the remaining elder had a nice day at the park (I assume - I just left him there), and the next day:
    09-11-14_6-48nbspPM-2.png
    (Way to scar the kids by dying in their bedroom, Grandpa).

That's my problem solved then! XD
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    I've got two elders in my game who just refuse to die. I've already had the popups for both of them about how "they don't have long left" and then how it's the "last few days", the age bars are completely full... I keep waiting and waiting, but they're just not dying. I've tried making them work out on the running machine until they're Very Uncomfortable then woohoo-ing, I've tried making them woohoo 5 times in a row without a break (!)... nothing seems to work. I really want them to die of old age, rather than starving them etc. But there's another baby due in this family which will make 3 kids (along with 2 parents, and the 2 elders), and I need to convert the elder's bedroom to another kid's room ASAP :p

Aging is on for the household, and they're on a normal lifespan.

Any tips?

Boy. I'm glad I'm not your Dad. I hope my kids don't feel the same way as you or I'm doomed. LOL

• Options
    RiverfangwarriorRiverfangwarrior Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Miricha said:
    > I've got two elders in my game who just refuse to die. I've already had the popups for both of them about how "they don't have long left" and then how it's the "last few days", the age bars are completely full... I keep waiting and waiting, but they're just not dying. I've tried making them work out on the running machine until they're Very Uncomfortable then woohoo-ing, I've tried making them woohoo 5 times in a row without a break (!)... nothing seems to work. I really want them to die of old age, rather than starving them etc. But there's another baby due in this family which will make 3 kids (along with 2 parents, and the 2 elders), and I need to convert the elder's bedroom to another kid's room ASAP :p
    >
    > Aging is on for the household, and they're on a normal lifespan.
    >
    > Any tips?

I've had the same problem, first the oldest elder had, and still has a full age bar. I never got the message about "last days" or anything, but for the wife I did, neither of them have died and its been like a month in sim time.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Just got Sims 4 yesterday and I'm dealing with this bug. My Sim's wife, who was younger than him died of old age but he refuses to die! It's been Sim weeks since I got the end of life notice. I tried locking him in a room and ignoring him, but whenever my other Sims would travel, I'd come back and he'd somehow eaten even though he was still in the room. I couldn't get him to do anything that would exhaust him to death because he was already exhausted and wouldn't do it. I could just move him out somewhere else, but somehow that just makes things feel incomplete.
    I'm growing a cowplant right now, so I'm assuming it will eat him.
    I hope they fix this in the next update.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01