Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Tree has to come back ASAP.

CailismCailism Posts: 2 New Member
Hey guys, love the game, but one of the things I really enjoyed the most about Sims 3 was the family tree. I liked to get it as big and complicated as possible, and that was like my main source of fun. When it was gone I was like, okay I guess, I'll find something else to have fun with. This hasn't been a huge issue, I still enjoy the game, HOWEVER,

It seems that, without a legitimate family tree, your sims like to swap relationships with each other. It's not set in stone enough. With a family tree, it's more rigid, you guys never had a problem with relationships swapping and being funky in sims 3. When my sims' mother died, they put her as their sister. In fact, this has happened to everyone I know. Mothers randomly become sisters. That's FREAKY. The children also list their mother's siblings as brother and sister. There's no such thing as aunt and uncle?

It REALLY ruins the feel for me. I cannot stress that enough.

And I know this topic has probably been made before but IT IS SO IMPORTANT.

Comments

• alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    I know I dont even want to play up to a sim dying of old age because once they are gone I know there will be no record that this sim ever existed.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    Tell me, did you ever use the cas.fulleditmode cheat to modify your sims? That has a tendency of gronking up familial ralationships, but it was supposed to have been fixed in the most recent patch unless you unwittingly did it manually.
  • LightdreamLightdream Posts: 113 Member
    Yea i feel the same but im sure we won't see it soon im sure its coming out with ep which i don't mind,but i do mind is waiting a while.
  • JekaJekaJekaJeka Posts: 94 Member
    edited September 2014
    I SOOOOOOOOOO SECOND THIS.

Family trees were like my main reason to play, plus, I loved the random roulette of genes---a child could have his grandmother's eyes, or his great grandfather's hair. Now its always just between two gene pools :(
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Yes, please! It would be so very useful... and necessary.
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I know I dont even want to play up to a sim dying of old age because once they are gone I know there will be no record that this sim ever existed.

Well, we do still have the gravestones and we can write epitaphs on them. But yeah, it is really no substitute for a good family tree.
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Its really lacking without it! I used to try to marry my original sims kids into all the premade family's that I liked. I love seeing it link back to my original sim!
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    i heard that the gurus are bringing back the family tree soon
    i just hope they fix the tree for sims we already lost
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • JekaJekaJekaJeka Posts: 94 Member
    Lightests wrote: »

I soooooooooooooooooo hope so.
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member

That would be fantastic if they did! I haven't been procreating with most of the sims that I've made yet because of this (and because I'm not finished making them yet). But it would be so much easier to check who is related to whom, especially since there is no name change at marriage now.
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    Actually yes there is. It shows in their friends list, or friends of the dead sim, as a passed sim that was known and who they were, and to weather or not they were family. I do not miss the family tree, guess that could be cause I never really used it that much.

• camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member

The official word is that they're thinking about it and would like to see it come back. Nothing is guaranteed.

On that note, I too hope it comes back. I used to aimlessly browse them when nothing big was going on.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Yes please. I didn't think I'd miss it that much, but I really do.
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I hope that they bring the family tree back. It' one of my favorite thing in the series :)
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Nitpick:
    The bug with swapped relationships has nothing to do with the Family Tree graph, wich was just that, a graph. The two are not related in any way other than in people's mind.
    (The Swapped Relationship bug should be fixed as of yesterday's patch, AFAIK).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I miss it. Also, I noticed that one of my families got messed up yesterday with an aunt and nephew turning into siblings! It was very weird. They were close in age due to the aunt's brother being much older than her but I'm sure the game allowed me to set the relationships correctly in CAS.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    Now I know I miss it when it's gone.
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    It never occured to me that the family tree would not be in the game. I want it back too.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I completely agree. I miss family trees so much :( they were a big part of my gameplay.

For the moment I am using ancestry to keep track of my sims. They have a nice ipad app so I can take pictures and update the tree as I am playing. Here's an example of how my Goth family looks (the children still dont't have pictures because I wait until they are older to take it):

image.jpg

• sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    I completely agree. I miss family trees so much :( they were a big part of my gameplay.

For the moment I am using ancestry to keep track of my sims. They have a nice ipad app so I can take pictures and update the tree as I am playing. Here's an example of how my Goth family looks (the children still dont't have pictures because I wait until they are older to take it):

image.jpg

Wow.
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • popo500popo500 Posts: 63 Member
    Yeah family trees are a big miss for Sims 4.....so are pools, cause that was the main way I would use to kill sims...dunno if that was the case for anyone else.
  • SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    I am largely happy with the game but I do sorely, sorely miss the family tree, and if it's true that you only have two gene pools now and can't carry "recessive" traits from grandparents and stuff I am going to be SO sad. Genetics are one of the most fun things about the Sims 2 and onward.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    popo500 wrote: »
    Yeah family trees are a big miss for Sims 4.....so are pools, cause that was the main way I would use to kill sims...dunno if that was the case for anyone else.

Well unless you did some creative building you can't kill sims by drowning in Sims 3, can you?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • KaelynaKaelyna Posts: 109 Member
    I agree that family tree has to come back. It was one of my favourite features, and the relations in sims 3 were really complex compared to sims 4.
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Yes, I agree also miss my family tree!