Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PewDiePie playing TS4

Comments

• SimsisdabomSimsisdabom Posts: 20 New Member
    Youd think that someone as rich as him would give to charity or something instead of playing video games.
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    PewDiePie isnt a real gamer. honestly as a millionaire, his rich parents should of raised him better then that. if i walked on the street and started screaming about barrells people would put me in a mental hospital. Theres actually this conspiracy about PewDiePie that he is paid by the companys to play and scream at games they dont like.
    i dont care if the owner of youtube and every major game company is paying him a million dollars to do what he does, he's hilarious, brightens my day, and obviously brightens other people's day by making people laugh

and if you dont enjoy it that's fine, but you dont have to be an 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :)
    and pewds is a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 gamer LOL he isn't pro by any means, but it's funny

tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    I put it off after a few seconds (was willing to give him another go though)
    I only watched his slender partly because he made slender what it became (he put the hype behind it, same with that flappy bird thing)
    Here's the thing though... :3 the video is sponsered by EA or their ronku system as they call it. (Good for him though), but somebody pointed out to me that EA pushed alot of youtubers atm to play sims 4 under their sponsering... and somehow i really get rubbed the wrong way when company's trow money at youtubers these days, again good for the youtubers to take it and run with it, but somehow it loses alot of respect from me...

Alot of youtubers claim to never be bought by company's but in the last years it's happening more and more, i'm at a point where i'm actually starting to trust big Review sites more then the people i used to watch on youtube XD (cause i have the feeling that EA just takes the money they normally would have given to sites like IGN and now just take it to 50youtubers cause it's cheaper and it spreads alot better in the end).

About PewDiePie himself, like i said i only watched his slender one and by god it kinda got to me how he screams like a girl just to sound funny,
    I don't like his lets play style, but again he seems like a decent guy outside that, and I do respect him in the way that as a youtuber he grew out to be a really big hit and lets face it, many people reach out to become like him ( everybody likes to get rich rather easy, and pew is one of the few succes stories out there on how to turn something rather simple in to big $$'s, even if he only started it as a hobby).

For those who need more info about the Ronku system https://gotgame.com/2014/01/22/ea-ronku-pays-for-game-coverage/
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited September 2014
    Valandis wrote: »
    Lightests wrote: »
    pewdiepie doesn't use offensive jokes ... lol ...
    people seem to assume things they hear from others

He even made an apology video about his offensive jokes, but it didn't take long before he started again.
    He makes racist, homophobic, sexist, ableist and sexual assault(and probably more) jokes... There are just some things you never joke about. :(
    I'm not a big fan of Pewdiepie, but you're acting as though he's the only person who makes "offensive" jokes. Have you ever watched Family Guy? American Dad? Hell, even The Simpsons? Those shows make jokes about stereotypes, etc, etc., yet no one really bats an eye. But when he does it, he's somehow a nasty person.

Maybe it's just me, I don't get offended to this very easily, as I think it's pointless to get wound up over a 🐸🐸🐸🐸, juvenile joke.
    people have said the creators camp was being paid by EA, but then again they think all the positive reviews for TS4 are getting paid off too /rolleyes
    honestly it doesnt bother me if someone gets backed by companies unless they deny they're being backed when they actually are
    i would never want to do the job of a serious youtuber ... so much work editing and worrying over views, it's more than just simply playing games all day

• JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited September 2014
    PewDiePie isnt a real gamer. honestly as a millionaire, his rich parents should of raised him better then that. if i walked on the street and started screaming about barrells people would put me in a mental hospital. Theres actually this conspiracy about PewDiePie that he is paid by the companys to play and scream at games they dont like.
    @Simsisdabom
    First of all he doesn't come from a rich family, he made his millions through his youtubechannel, secondly never claimed to be a proper gamer, he thinks he s.ucks at games, even his fanbase think he s.ucks at games xD, thirdly he's not like that "in real life" :P Another youtuber met him at a convention of sorts and he said he expected him to be all over the place and really outgoing, turns out he's actually quite shy and calm, the complete opposite to his youtube persona. It's all for entertainment.
    Even pewdiepie said that in the beginning of his youtube career he didn't even record himself and his voice because he was too shy. Anyone who has watched his vlogs can clearly see that it is all "for show".

JeanBaby4 wrote: »
    @Simsisdabom
    First of all he doesn't come from a rich family, he made his millions through his youtubechannel, secondly he's not like that "in real life" :P Another youtuber met him at a convention of sorts and he said he expected him to be all over the place and really outgoing, turns out he's actually quite shy and calm, the complete opposite to his youtube persona. It's all for entertainment.
    Even pewdiepie said that in the beginning of his youtube career he didn't even record himself and his voice because he was too shy. Anyone who has watched his vlogs can clearly see that it is all "for show".
    i think he probably acts like the person we see in the videos once you get to know him (probably not to the same extent), but im the same way so i can relate to being shy in public and doing a 360 once you get to know me/more confortable around people :P
  • mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    Can't say I'm really a fan :/
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited September 2014
    JeanBaby4 wrote: »
    @Simsisdabom
    First of all he doesn't come from a rich family, he made his millions through his youtubechannel, secondly he's not like that "in real life" :P Another youtuber met him at a convention of sorts and he said he expected him to be all over the place and really outgoing, turns out he's actually quite shy and calm, the complete opposite to his youtube persona. It's all for entertainment.
    i think he probably acts like the person we see in the videos once you get to know him (probably not to the same extent), but im the same way so i can relate to being shy in public and doing a 360 once you get to know me/more confortable around people :P

Yeah that is probably true. But he wouldn't, as Simsisdabom said, walk around on the street and scream barrel and just being overall obnoxious to the general public.

Am I the only onw who cringed when pews put on the collar to shock himself everytime he cursed?

wait when was this?????

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BXO1J3y2i6w
  • ArkansasWoman777ArkansasWoman777 Posts: 601 Member
    edited September 2014
    Youd think that someone as rich as him would give to charity or something instead of playing video games.

You do know he has raised money for charity right?? Like a lot of times....

i7 6700k, 1tb ssd, Rx MSI 480 8gb, Evga 750G2, Corsair H100i V2, 16gb of ram

You do know he has raised money for charity right?? Like a lot of times....

lol the media never reports of charity only how much he personally makes
    pretty sure he raised over like a over a million for one charity
  • robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    Um he does give to charity
    im sorry this is OT but @robotpanda34 but that first gif of the bouncy girl is so cute xD
    are the other ones from persona? it looks like it a shadow
  • Sebbe_Debbe123Sebbe_Debbe123 Posts: 129 Member
    I don't like that he says that his videos are the most professional and that they are better than everybody else, there are plenty of YT simmers that are even better than him, I am talking about TS4 videos not all of his videos.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I don't like that he says that his videos are the most professional and that they are better than everybody else, there are plenty of YT simmers that are even better than him, I am talking about TS4 videos not all of his videos.

He just kinda jokes around. I don't think anyone should take anything pewdiepie says seriously haha i mean just look at the guy he Is a clown lol

21mbz47.jpg
  • Sebbe_Debbe123Sebbe_Debbe123 Posts: 129 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

He just kinda jokes around. I don't think anyone should take anything pewdiepie says seriously haha i mean just look at the guy he Is a clown lol

I can perfectly understand that but still, some people might misunderstand that and get mad at him. But at the same time it's nothing to joke about
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Simsisdabo Pewdiepie DOES give to charity. He done them a few times and raised over a million dollars for charity. He's done free the children. hes done charity water. A charity for giving clean water for kids who live in poor countries. mostly rwanda. he's done it for wwf as well.

In my opinion He is kind hearted and funny

For those who judge him on his jokes well look at american dad, family guy, simpson, south park and robot chicken they have the same jokes as pewdiepie yet you only judge him on his jokes and not the shows that you watch. but there are other out there that pewdiepie isn't for you and that is fine~ Just don't go hating on someone you don't even know. even if hes the most subscribed YT channel. Pewdiepie made me laugh on my saddest days, cheering me up when i was really upset. :3
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • nonyabizznazznonyabizznazz Posts: 693 Member
    I like offensive/ dark humor when its done with some finesse, and I know how to take a joke, for example, I love Louis CK's dark comedy. However his humor is just brash, loud unoriginal and annoying to me. For those who like him, no hate, enjoy what you enjoy but don't assume because people don't like him or find him offensive that we can't take a joke.
  • Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    I love Louis CK's dark comedy.

love him!
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    This is my personal opinion but I really like PDP's videos. They are not to everyone's tastes, I get that. But, for me, they are really funny. And, sticking on my "marketing" hat for a second, he does have a HUGE audience. :)
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    The douchiness of his fans put me off of watching his videos years ago, but I didn't have an opinion of the guy himself. I clicked this one just out of curiosity. This is the number one youtube channel? Really? Seriously?

Seriously?

If I still had any hope for the future of the human race, it would be gone now.
  • robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    edited September 2014
    im sorry this is OT but @robotpanda34 but that first gif of the bouncy girl is so cute xD
    are the other ones from persona? it looks like it a shadow
    lol nope the last two gifs are from dangan ronpa
  • simsumssimsums Posts: 38 Member
    I prefer XUrbansimsX when it comes to Sims videos, I don't care much for any of the "big" gamers on YT.
    we can't all earn 100 points some of us work minimum wage stop opresssing me ea!!!!!!!!
  • ArkansasWoman777ArkansasWoman777 Posts: 601 Member
    simsums wrote: »
    I prefer XUrbansimsX when it comes to Sims videos, I don't care much for any of the "big" gamers on YT.

Have you watched Andrew Arcade? He posts on youtube and streams on twitch of the Sims

i7 6700k, 1tb ssd, Rx MSI 480 8gb, Evga 750G2, Corsair H100i V2, 16gb of ram