Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Bug Fix] Spouse became your sibling? These commands can fix that! (Also remove relationships)

TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
I've found these cheats in the code. They can be used to fix your sims relationship if it's gone haywire!

Edit: this fix may only be temporary (resets when you travel) so I suggest copying the SIM ID's somewhere for you to paste in later if you need to. I apologize but the command that could permanently fix this is disabled in the code. We'll need the patch.

First we need SimID's...
Enter:
testingcheats on
sims.get_sim_id_by_name yoursimfirstname yoursimlastname

This command will print a number at the end, similar to: 775464154248314888

Make note of this number, it's your sim's unique id, I recommend making a copy somewhere if you'll be using these commands a lot.

Then run the command again for the other sim you're wishing you edit relationships for:
sims.get_sim_id_by_name targetsimfirstname targetsimlastname

Make note of this sim's ID as well.

Add Relationship Bit
(This lets you modify the type of relations between two sims. It requires sim ID)
relationship.add_bit yoursimID targetsimID relationshipBit
NOTE: You can not REMOVE a bit, you'll have to override it with another. For example setting family_husband_wife will override family_brother_sister

The available family relationshipBits are as follows:
romantic-Married 
family_husband_wife
family_grandchild
family_son_daughter
family_brother_sister
family_grandparent
family_parent

@litabelaqua mentioned their dead spouse was still showing as married:
@twistedmexican, I have an issues where my sims husband has died. its now 3 sim weeks on and she cannot remarry as the game thinks she is already married. Is there a cheat code that can terminate her earlier relationship even though the sim is now dead?

The relationship.destroy cheat should fix this issue.

Destroy a relationship:
Now we destroy the relationship (because were a horrible person;)):
relationship.destroy yoursimID targetsimID
[Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
[Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
Post edited by TwistedMexican on

Comments

• natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    cooli02000 wrote: »
    But my sim doesn't want to divorce her brother! She's already having a baby on the way because of him! :p

Then quit complaining about it!

• Eef97Eef97 Posts: 325 Member
    edited September 2014
    Nice this will be great until, whether if, an official patch for this issue is released. Thank you OP!
  • Sim1P3Sim1P3 Posts: 221 Member
    I used the cheat to make my sims wife last name change to his.. Then they had a baby and the baby took the last name too automatically. The baby has since grown up into a child. All the relations are the way they should be. To the parents the child is their son, to the child the parents are his parents.. Does the bug come later on? Or did I get lucky?
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    Sim1P3 wrote: »
    I used the cheat to make my sims wife last name change to his.. Then they had a baby and the baby took the last name too automatically. The baby has since grown up into a child. All the relations are the way they should be. To the parents the child is their son, to the child the parents are his parents.. Does the bug come later on? Or did I get lucky?

I don't think it's happening to everyone, but it's happened enough that people have been conversing about it here. I was asked to look into it and turns out this can fix it. No clue how/when it happens though, maybe one of affected will chime in
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

• cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    But my sim doesn't want to divorce her brother! She's already having a baby on the way because of him! :p

Then quit complaining about it!
    I was kidding. I'm having her divorce him once she gives birth and the baby becomes a child.
    Okay, turns out this bug is a result of using the cas.fulleditmode with families. So for anyone facing this problem, here you go :)

• Kree89Kree89 Posts: 48 Member
    Ugh I did this for a straight hour just to go back into my sims families and they were all wonky again. Used cas.fulleditmode originally (which is how the problem started I guess) never used it again and it still messed it up. Even after saving it after changing. I can't wait for this bug to be fixed, the OCD in me is going insane lol
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Thank you. I wished you guys would come over to the bug forum and report these things.

I'll be adding to the compilation list and my thread.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• PrincessRainbowPrincessRainbow Posts: 132 Member
    You can just save the family to your library, then redownload them to CAS to change the relationship. Bit easier, I think....
    Will they keep all their info if you do that ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

@TwistedMexican: Do you know if there is a way to find the Sims name when you have the number ?
    AHQ Tutorial

crinrict wrote: »
    @TwistedMexican: Do you know if there is a way to find the Sims name when you have the number ?

There is not. That's why I recommend when you run the get Sim ID command, copy it to a notepad document with the sims name next to it, so you can just paste it in for future reference.

• IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    edited September 2014

Drive faster, I hear banjos! :p
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • stacykfanstacykfan Posts: 14 New Member
    THIS DOESNT FIX THE ISSUE IT JUST FIXES IT TEMPORARILY WHEN IS THE NEXT PATCH COMING OUT TO FIX THIS ISSUE Permanently!!!!!!!!!!!>??????????????
    stacykfan wrote: »
    THIS DOESNT FIX THE ISSUE IT JUST FIXES IT TEMPORARILY WHEN IS THE NEXT PATCH COMING OUT TO FIX THIS ISSUE Permanently!!!!!!!!!!!>??????????????

Please refrain from excessive punctuation and caps.

I don't work for EA, so I can't comment on when they'll patch it but I'm sure they're working on it.

These commands just give you the tools to get back into a decent state. You have to save after you've modified it else they may reset when you travel or go to edit world - that's part of the bug where you have to enter testingcheats true each time as well.

Obviously the issue shouldn't be happening in the first place and I agree EA needs to add it to their next patch.

• UncleYammyUncleYammy Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks so much! This helped a lot!
    However, would you by chance know what the relationship bit is for uncles/aunts? I was able to fix my core family, but for one sim it still says "brother" instead of "uncle." Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • PrincessRainbowPrincessRainbow Posts: 132 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Will they keep all their info if you do that ?

When I did it, my family had everything except the relationships outside the household. So, anyone they had met or befriended, wasn't in their relationship panel anymore...but they still had all their skills.

I just clicked on a new lot, clicked "Make Family", brought the one I had saved in the Library into CAS, then edited the relationships.

I moved the glitched family out and deleted them, then moved the newly repaired family in. They only had the 20K to start with. so I had to give them some Motherlodes in order to move them back into the house they were in before, but the relationships were fixed. I would also suggest NOT using the cas.fulleditmode cheat after you fix it, I haven't and the relationships have stayed correct.

• itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    edited September 2014
    Is there a bit command for aunt/uncle? I've been able to fix the other muckery with my family, but my still sim thinks his uncle is his brother.
    *cues "I'm My Own Grandpa"*

Edit:
    There is! I just had the order reversed. Also included niece/nephew.

family_aunt_uncle
    family_niece_nephew

Carry on. :)

Edit2:
    Saved after fixing all relationships and restarted game, twice, only to find it didn't take. The first time cas.fulleditmode had been entered, the second time it had not.
    Anyone else having better luck?
    Post edited by itsmegamo on
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
    The niece/nephew code worked...only I found it reversed the initial problem where the kids were listed as a brother and sister to their father. So in this case, I have to choose between the two (whether I want the kids to be listed as siblings to their father or uncle) because both codes reverse the other. I suppose I'll have to wait for a patch update to fix this one! Who knows how long that's going to take...
    Yeah... I gave up and started an all new game. Never entered the cas.fulleditmode cheat and it still screwed the relationship between these siblings.
    This game was, clearly, not ready for release.
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    I couldn't have said it better myself!
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Sim1P3 wrote: »

The bug comes from, for me anyway, if you gave the parents another child after the first is born. I added a sibling to a family of three and the mum now sees her daughter as her sister and the son as her roommate. But the boy and girl are seen as siblings. Thanks for this. I'll be sure to use it next time.
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    itsmegamo wrote: »
    Yeah... I gave up and started an all new game. Never entered the cas.fulleditmode cheat and it still screwed the relationship between these siblings.<br />
    This game was, clearly, not ready for release.

Because of a little bug like this means it wasn't ready for release?

The game would never have been released if they put it off because of a bug.
    edited September 2014
    This is not a little bug. It's a flaw. A game meant to simulate a family structure that can't properly designate relationships?
    Does that sound fit for release to you?

Edit:
    I'm sure putting off the release of such a big title would have been more than a headache for EA. But, I think that taking the extra time to ensure a good product would be better than releasing something considerably unready and frustrating to players. Also, I'm not suggesting that they should have waited for a completely perfect game before releasing it. I know how this works. It's the fact that this is such a glaring issue, and my surprise they wouldn't have seen it in testing, that causes me to question their decision to launch.
    Current Play:
    See the Tree