Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm so torn. Install or ship it back/get refund.

Comments

• DarkAdonis1DarkAdonis1 Posts: 133 Member
    Do it digitally later when it's cheaper and actually has content.
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Here's some advice. Goto youtube, look up some sims 4 lets play videos. Watch how others are playing. Think to yourself: Does this look fun? Could I have fun? Do I like what I see? Is this feature cool? What about that one?

After seeing a few videos in action if you really loved what you see, then install it. Me, I pay no mind to reviews at all. IGN gave it a good review and I'm all, "That's nice. I would of scored it better, but who cares, I still love this game". Sometimes, you need to stop listening to what others tell you you should think/feel, and do your own homework, and make your own decision.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    I just got it and love it! The new interactions are so cute
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    ~*Disclaimer*~ : This is not a bashing topic, I am not bashing The Sims 4.

I've gone through the motions!

- Fed up with everything I read about Sims 4

- Decided not to buy it.

- Felt weird not buying a sims game in the series.

- Ordered the game.

Now here is where I didn't really think about it. I'm busy writing my story for sims 3. I told myself I wouldn't install sims 4 until after I finish the finale of my sims 3 story (end of September)

- My sims 4 came via UPS from Amazon.

- Buyers remorse set in

- Today I was reading a bunch of reviews, and comments.. I just felt like I made a mistake ordering the game.

- Tonight I contemplated sending it back for a refund.

So where I'm at now is.. I don't know what to do. I feel like 50% of me wants to keep it, and just try and like it, see where the EP's take it in the future. The other 50% of me is like.. just send it back, buy a PS4 game.. keep playing/making stories with sims 3. I'm soooo torn. I need to find some gameplay videos on youtube and read more comments on this site... I really don't know what to do lol. Do you guys have any opinions or advice? pros or cons about the game? Help me out here haha..

I sent it back because I didn't feel it was quite what I wanted this time. I knew that going in but I tried it anyway to see if it would be worth the full price since so many claimed they were amazing. I really didn't find them anymore amazing than the TS2 Sims then consider a lot of things were omitted that I do love in the other games, so, I felt it was better I return it, wait for them to patch all the really bad bugs and see what they do about toddlers and adding more sandbox to the game rather than more goals. If that makes sense. You know a restaurant instead of more goals for my Sims to complete. I feel I made the right choice to return, wait for a sale, more patches and better content that suits my play style.

ETA: OP, just remember some giving you advice to keep or whatever, didn't actually pay the full price but did order from places where they didn't hardly pay as much as the $60 or $70 or $80. There's a difference there if you know what I mean.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    If you are still on the fence (I haven't read through the whole thread yet) I would say since you already have it keep it.
    Yes, it is lacking even for a base game BUT *if* what they got right in this base game is an indication of what we will see later (and I remain hopeful) it will become a great game.

If you read through the daily guru thread you will get hints (not concrete confirmations I better add that disclaimer before people get their britches bunched lol) that things we are missing will be back.

On top of that despite the fact that there is a lot missing in this base pack compared to what we have had before, by the end of each of the generations of the game (ts1, ts2 and ts3) we do end up with the same content but it is nearly always expended upon.

As far as the enjoyability or addictiveness of this base game well.. my house is spotless, I haven't resorted to take out meals and I spend some time on the forum, for me at it's current state it doesn't hold my interest. Previously this soon after a release I would be wanting to be playing every waking moment. As it stands now I play when I have nothing else to do. That isn't a terrible thing but it is out of character for me.

I guess I'm not really helping in your decision I need to go get my morning cup of joe.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I feel I spent too much money for a game, but that being said I am enjoying the game. The graphics are very good and the interactions happen by themselves sometimes w/o you having to keep clicking on the Sim and telling them what to do.
  • harryjames009harryjames009 Posts: 84 Member
    Keep it you will just buy later after you have heard about all the new expansions and cc's.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Since you already have it, I would try it first (unless the place you got it from won't take it back opened). I downloaded the digital copy yesterday and was dubious at best about playing it. I played for 45 minutes and a lot of things about it bothered me, I felt like I was back playing Sims 2 with no colour wheel or Create-A-Style and found myself struggling through the camera controls. I will probably keep trying a little longer to play it but at this point, don't really know. You can't really know if you like it if you don't try it.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

- Decided not to buy it.

- Ordered the game.

Now here is where I didn't really think about it. I'm busy writing my story for sims 3. I told myself I wouldn't install sims 4 until after I finish the finale of my sims 3 story (end of September)

- Buyers remorse set in

- Today I was reading a bunch of reviews, and comments.. I just felt like I made a mistake ordering the game.

So where I'm at now is.. I don't know what to do. I feel like 50% of me wants to keep it, and just try and like it, see where the EP's take it in the future. The other 50% of me is like.. just send it back, buy a PS4 game.. keep playing/making stories with sims 3. I'm soooo torn. I need to find some gameplay videos on youtube and read more comments on this site... I really don't know what to do lol. Do you guys have any opinions or advice? pros or cons about the game? Help me out here haha..

I sent it back because I didn't feel it was quite what I wanted this time. I knew that going in but I tried it anyway to see if it would be worth the full price since so many claimed they were amazing. I really didn't find them anymore amazing than the TS2 Sims then consider a lot of things were omitted that I do love in the other games, so, I felt it was better I return it, wait for them to patch all the really bad bugs and see what they do about toddlers and adding more sandbox to the game rather than more goals. If that makes sense. You know a restaurant instead of more goals for my Sims to complete. I feel I made the right choice to return, wait for a sale, more patches and better content that suits my play style.

ETA: OP, just remember some giving you advice to keep or whatever, didn't actually pay the full price but did order from places where they didn't hardly pay as much as the $60 or $70 or $80. There's a difference there if you know what I mean.

I paid $64.16 from WalMart. It was worth every penny I scraped up for the last 4 months it took to save it! :p
    Very fixed income here and have to space out what I can have as entertainment.

• HewgeHewge Posts: 35 Member
    If you're hurting for cash then return it, but if you were you probably wouldn't have ordered it at full price to begin with. I think there's a very strong chance you'll like it and I was in the same boat you were in initially. If you end up hating it then you can chalk it up to buying a fancy dinner that didn't quite tickle your fancy.
  • Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    when i bought the game, i didn't open it right away, I just threw it on the floor and just let it sit there until i felt like playing it. I gotta say, the game got the best revenge because I stepped on it and fell and hurt my back. Anyways, while i was laying in bed and high on pain med, I decided i think it's the best time to play, so I did. and i'm so glad I did! I'm having so much fun just CASing, trying to create the sim of real life people, so addicting! I also played in game with my main sim Neighborhood Hoe and Tukuu Virtaanen, while my sims are multitaskers, I'm not, so I end up moving Neighborhood out of the house and play her as main. But that Tukuu just won't quit showing up at her door.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • ThulenThulen Posts: 28 New Member
    Game is cheaper then watching a movie in Cinema with my brother (here anyway) .

Its fun to watch them do their things i just tend to control 1 sim and let other do what they want more fun that way.
    edited September 2014
    Terrylin wrote: »

- Decided not to buy it.

- Ordered the game.

- Buyers remorse set in

I paid $64.16 from WalMart. It was worth every penny I scraped up for the last 4 months it took to save it! :p

Yes, but some in this thread didn't. So, yes, for 21.00 it might be well worth it to some. I don't know how much that is in American money but I do think that is a lot cheaper than the $60 the rest of us might have to fork out. It's all in the value. Heck if I got it cheaper I might say yeah, it's worth the 'price'. lol.

ETA: even your Walmart is cheaper than mine, especially it seems> the taxes you paid on the $59.99. Our taxes on that product would have been triple what you paid for it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Well, since you've already got the game, you might as well go ahead and install and play it. No more waffling, just do-or-die time. I suggest giving the game a good 15 total gameplay hours at least to give it a proper run-through, since there's so much to do and try that 3-5 hours is definitely not enough time to get a good feel of what the game truly has to offer. Heck, I've probably played 30-40 hours so far and I'm still running through everything that single sims can do, have just started experimenting with how the game tracks body changes, and am still just playing my first basic family scenario (single working dad+1 son...something you could never do in TS2 without having to hire that wretched, useless nanny...). Believe me, there are so many little intricacies in the gameplay of this game that if you love experimenting around and exploring things, you will never be bored. Ever.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member

- Decided not to buy it.

- Ordered the game.

- Buyers remorse set in

You are exactly were I am. I haven't installed it either. What I decided to do was try it out, then if I can't do anything with it, I just won't continue with it.

• TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

- Decided not to buy it.

- Ordered the game.

- Buyers remorse set in

Yes, but some in this thread didn't. So, yes, for 21.00 it might be well worth it to some. I don't know how much that is in American money but I do think that is a lot cheaper than the $60 the rest of us might have to fork out. It's all in the value. Heck if I got it cheaper I might say yeah, it's worth the 'price'. lol.

ETA: even your Walmart is cheaper than mine, especially it seems> the taxes you paid on the $59.99. Our taxes on that product would have been triple what you paid for it.

I didn't look at it that way now that you mention it. I was giving an honest opinion of the game not for the cost just the game itself. Yes I was worried about spending that much with what little we knew at the time. BUT I am very surprised at all the life and depth in the game. It has a great foundation for it's future and I do believe it is well worth it.
    To compare cost in game the only ones I do would be like getting an freeroam world as in AC/FarCry vs limited play of Destiny. Moneys worth there is in AC/FarCry for long term playing as opposed to 20 missions and done in Destiny.
    The Sims have no end and will be expanded on in the future so I can't really judge them the way I would other games. IMHO This game is great and we have a very fun filled future ahead of us!! :)

• DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    Return it and buy it again when the price drops. Continue to play Sims 3 in the meantime.

I bought it, I love it, but if you aren't excited about the game then that probably won't change for you. Save yourself some money and get the game again when the price drops and there's an EP or 2 for more gameplay options.

- Decided not to buy it.

- Ordered the game.

- Buyers remorse set in

I didn't look at it that way now that you mention it. I was giving an honest opinion of the game not for the cost just the game itself. Yes I was worried about spending that much with what little we knew at the time. BUT I am very surprised at all the life and depth in the game. It has a great foundation for it's future and I do believe it is well worth it.
    To compare cost in game the only ones I do would be like getting an freeroam world as in AC/FarCry vs limited play of Destiny. Moneys worth there is in AC/FarCry for long term playing as opposed to 20 missions and done in Destiny.
    The Sims have no end and will be expanded on in the future so I can't really judge them the way I would other games. IMHO This game is great and we have a very fun filled future ahead of us!! :)

Yes, I understand what you are saying. But we need to look at what people are telling others. It's great! It's the best Sims' game ever, but they not everyone knows or read they paid a lot less than the rest of us. If it was so great then give back the cheaper game and pay the full price along with the rest of us. That was my point. Because some do defend it no matter what, even with well known bugs saying it has none, seriously, but they did pay much cheaper than most, but if so wonderful I challenge them to give back their cheaper copy and pay the full price with the rest of us. That was my point. Harsh but true.
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    It is work it just remember every time a new version of this game comes out it from scratch and the have to add things slowly to make sure they all work together. The reason the game is missing some key things is because we as the consumer could not wait for them to make it better we chomped at the bit and they had to get it working so we would leave them alone. With the new loading screen it is faster, we complained about how long it to load stuff so they made that faster. We complained that it lagged due to sims in the neighborhood having a life so they made so they do not. All the things we are complaining about we caused so be careful what you complain about and what you ask for.

In all the sims 4 is ok, it does what it does and does it well. Install it and just enjoy what is there and just know they are working on making it even better. This is just the first chapter I sure there will be more. The first piece of a puzzle never looks like the finish product.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2014
    Bear in mind that a lot of the bashers on the forum don't even have the game and are in no position to make a judgement, and you are letting those ID10t's cloud your view of the game. But., sending back for a refund would be the best option for you and just buy the digital version like others have suggested, then you actually get to play and make a decision based on your own experience of the game and not the baaaing's of a lot of brainless sheep. If after a few hours of gameplay you think its a waste of money then get a refund
    Calling people who don't like TS4 ID10ts and brainless sheep is totally inappropriate and got you reported therefore.

This space is for rent.
  • KiwiLover875KiwiLover875 Posts: 1,865 Member
    JFC, lots of responses. I read through all of them, and I decided to just keep it. Especially because once the EP's start rolling out I'll end up interested again. Plus I'm sure the modding community is going to make it even better. Thanks for ALL the replies guys. The comments. and video links + a good nights rest helped me come to a decision. So thanks again guys :)
    tumblr_nbohhmBjJm1r9tnsko1_1280.png
    >>>>Origin ID : BeeFierce <<<<
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    This is what I'd do I'd keep it don't install it if your not sure you'll like it till an expansion comes out then try it out.You never know you might decide to play before an expansion comes out and not be so on the fence about it.
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    > @Terrylin said:
    > Cinebar wrote: »
    >
    > Cinebar wrote: »
    >
    > KiwiLover875 wrote: »
    >
    > ~*Disclaimer*~ : This is not a bashing topic, I am not bashing The Sims 4.
    >
    > I've gone through the motions!
    >
    > - Fed up with everything I read about Sims 4
    >
    > - Decided not to buy it.
    >
    > - Felt weird not buying a sims game in the series.
    >
    > - Ordered the game.
    >
    > Now here is where I didn't really think about it. I'm busy writing my story for sims 3. I told myself I wouldn't install sims 4 until after I finish the finale of my sims 3 story (end of September)
    >
    > - My sims 4 came via UPS from Amazon.
    >
    > - Buyers remorse set in
    >
    > - Today I was reading a bunch of reviews, and comments.. I just felt like I made a mistake ordering the game.
    >
    > - Tonight I contemplated sending it back for a refund.
    >
    > So where I'm at now is.. I don't know what to do. I feel like 50% of me wants to keep it, and just try and like it, see where the EP's take it in the future. The other 50% of me is like.. just send it back, buy a PS4 game.. keep playing/making stories with sims 3. I'm soooo torn. I need to find some gameplay videos on youtube and read more comments on this site... I really don't know what to do lol. Do you guys have any opinions or advice? pros or cons about the game? Help me out here haha..
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I sent it back because I didn't feel it was quite what I wanted this time. I knew that going in but I tried it anyway to see if it would be worth the full price since so many claimed they were amazing. I really didn't find them anymore amazing than the TS2 Sims then consider a lot of things were omitted that I do love in the other games, so, I felt it was better I return it, wait for them to patch all the really bad bugs and see what they do about toddlers and adding more sandbox to the game rather than more goals. If that makes sense. You know a restaurant instead of more goals for my Sims to complete. I feel I made the right choice to return, wait for a sale, more patches and better content that suits my play style.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ETA: OP, just remember some giving you advice to keep or whatever, didn't actually pay the full price but did order from places where they didn't hardly pay as much as the $60 or $70 or $80. There's a difference there if you know what I mean.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I paid $64.16 from WalMart. It was worth every penny I scraped up for the last 4 months it took to save it!
    > Very fixed income here and have to space out what I can have as entertainment.

My husband payed full price for the digital download so I could play the game the moment it was released. I fell in love instantly! Yes it did take time to get used to the controls and the layout, but I can honestly say I am hooked. I loved the game so much that my husband not only got me the digital download, but he also ordered me the cd version as well.

I have to agree with you here as well, the game in my opinion also is worth every penny.
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Why not wait a few months? Price drop/bundle could be out, there will be more cc (don't know if you like that or not), and more bugs should be squashed.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

- Decided not to buy it.

- Ordered the game.

- Buyers remorse set in

Only you have the answer and no one can answer that for you. Depends on what you are looking for in Sims 4 to do for you and what you like and not what everyone else like.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen