Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I miss when there were some things pregnant sims couldn't do.

Now they can do ANYTHING while pregnant, they can go to space, they can jog, they can weight lift. They can do all those while being in the 3rd trimester! It looks weird!! I'm sure in rl if someone got pregnant they'd have a miscarriage. I know the game isn't suppose to be REAL but still.. a little realness would be nice.
oa8abb.gif

Comments

• Madiza86Madiza86 Posts: 158 Member
    Except going to space, I'm sure neither jogging nor lifting weights can result in a miscarriage in an otherwise healthy female.
  • blam987blam987 Posts: 462 Member
    Madiza86 wrote: »
    Except going to space, I'm sure neither jogging nor lifting weights can result in a miscarriage in an otherwise healthy female.

Meh.... the right amount of exercise is great but if you're exercising like how the sims are... i'm sure you would lol My aunt had one in rl due to exercising.
    oa8abb.gif
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    My mum played with my skipping rope when she was pregnant with my youngest sibling during the final days of her pregnancy.

I was mortified.

But most physical activity is safe for pregnant women, within reason. I don't know about heavy weight lifting, especially if it's weighted squats, but most other things aren't bad at all.

Doctors aren't against exercise whilst pregnant, in any case.
  • SophronisbaSophronisba Posts: 24 Member
    Actually, it is totally possible to jog and weight-lift while pregnant, even through the third trimester. (I've done it three times.) It's actually good for you and poses no risk to the baby. The idea that exercise causes miscarriage is just a myth. The Academy of Obstetrics and Gynecology now endorses exercise during formal low-risk pregnancies.
  • Madiza86Madiza86 Posts: 158 Member
    Doing something excessively always carries a risk.
  • BaristatyeBaristatye Posts: 96 Member
    On a lighterrrrrrr noteeeeee... I wish they had the option atleast if they want maternity leave!
  • SuperKamakasy64SuperKamakasy64 Posts: 112 Member
    edited September 2014
    They can't do sit ups or Push up, so there is a bit of realism, get it where you can ;)
    eBeOEPN.png
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    blam987 wrote: »
    Now they can do ANYTHING while pregnant, they can go to space, they can jog, they can weight lift. They can do all those while being in the 3rd trimester! It looks weird!! I'm sure in rl if someone got pregnant they'd have a miscarriage. I know the game isn't suppose to be REAL but still.. a little realness would be nice.

they can't do push up, or sit ups or anything like that on the ground.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    Actually in real life if the mother was a weight lifter the doctors would have no problem continuing her regular weight lifts. It's the woman who never used to do such activities before becoming pregnant that is a risk. I kick box to work out my doctors did not see a problem it with during my two pregnancies
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    As a mother of five, I played sports, exercised, and worked right up until I had to call in and tell them I was in labor. I like Sims pregnant ladies now can too.
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    Going into space while pregnant must have been what caused the mutant demon horror babies.
    :p:p:p

*Joking*
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    pregnant sims should be able to do everything besides going to space
    i had a boss that worked until like a few days before she gave birth
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Prettyweed870Prettyweed870 Posts: 832 Member
    Well, I'm glad they can finally do everything everyone else can do. They do, however, still have to deal with the other "joys" of pregnancy which make them feel a lot less like doing many of those things (back ache, nausea and generally feeling uncomfortable). And you always have the option of having your sim call out from work. Also, third trimester miscarriage is usually due to a lot more than physical exertion in a normal healthy pregnancy.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I only had an issue with my third trimester Sim mom kneeling on the floor to go through trash. I could barely tie my shoes!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ShutupandSimShutupandSim Posts: 124 Member
    Certain things, logically, shouldn't be done - like getting on your knees, doing pushups and situps... like hwo would they get back up?

Now all I can think about are sims rolling around on their backs on the floor shouting "Shoo flee?" over and over again until someone comes by to help them.
    i havent had any of my sims vomit during their pregnancy and that kinda bugs me, i know that not all pregnant women puke, but a lot do
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Vomiting isn't as common now I agree, but it still can happen plenty, one of my sims surprised me by vomiting much more than the last one I had preggers.
    SimKeats wrote: »
    Vomiting isn't as common now I agree, but it still can happen plenty, one of my sims surprised me by vomiting much more than the last one I had preggers.

wow i didnt even know they could vomit
    i guess i need to get sims pregnant more
  • MelReduxMelRedux Posts: 54 Member
    I love that they can do everything they did before. When I was pregnant, everyone would treat me like a delicate little egg and it drove me CRAZY. There's a huge misconception that pregnancy practically cripples a person. I still worked out, worked, etc. Really the only thing I couldn't do was bend over in my third trimester. Squatting worked just fine in that case :)
  • Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    One of my sims was at work the day she went into labour, and she was penalized for skipping work early. She also only received around 30 simoleons when she should have picked up around 200. I think they need to work on that, and offer some sort of maternity leave like they did in the Sims 3.
  • MonkeeGoddessMonkeeGoddess Posts: 315 Member
    Lightests wrote: »
    SimKeats wrote: »

wow i didnt even know they could vomit
    i guess i need to get sims pregnant more

Yeah my sim constantly woke up with the morning sickness moodlet during her last pregnancy. She was puking every morning. She didn't do that with the first two but she was a wreck with the last one.
    The desert is calling.
    The emptiness of space.
    The hunger of a lion
    Is written on your face.
    A maniac's new love song.
    Destruction is his game.
    I need a new direction,
    Cause I have lost my way.

• enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I personally like this. We don't have hot tubs, so that one isn't an issue at this time. Hopefully they'll still prevent pregnant sims from using hot tubs and then also saunas when they are added. Parental leave should be something your sim can apply for by phone or computer, and one member of the family should get it. If there are two parents in the household, the first one to apply will get the parental leave. If neither want it, then the current default daycare will suffice. One should also be able to take a personal day once in a while (depends on work performance when the employee applies). It must be done at least 2 hours before work is expected to start. There should be a cooling off period of 5 actual work shifts before one could apply for another personal day, and that would be awesome B)

But I'm good with the game so far! Pregnancy and parenthood is great--only missing toddlers.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    There should be the option for maternity leave.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    I like it! I do think that they should be sent home if in labor though! :/ I try to plan mine births on or close to days off. :)
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    I like it! I do think that they should be sent home if in labor though! :/ I try to plan mine births on or close to days off. :)

I didn't know I needed a bassinet to give birth at home (those annoying lesson pop-ups are so annoying I didn't read any, just close 'em quickly!) so she went to work while in labour! lol Then got home and went to bed, and then I found out how to make her have the baby! lol Awesome :D I can never make that mistake again, so it was a one time fun memory.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.