The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Helpful Reference: Unwrapped Male Skin

MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
edited August 2014 in CAS Custom Content
Ever get confused when trying to create a texture that wraps around an edge, because you can't see quite where the actual mesh starts and stops? Be confused no more! Here's a map of the base nude male. Just download this file and keep it somewhere handy. When you need to create something that wraps (or perhaps want to know the exact centerpoint to make something perfectly symmetrical, or whatever), copy this file as a new layer on top of the DDS file, and make it semi-transparent. You'll be able to see exactly where the texture is being cut off. It's already perfectly sized and aligned to match up with any exported texture from the game.

I may do the female later, but I can tell you, it's probably pointless. They are nearly identical. The edges and whatnot are exactly the same. The only difference is the location of a few vertexes/faces, largely around the breasts.

Enjoy, and happy creating!

UXQISfA.jpg

Comments

• KaiSteelKaiSteel Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Now this is really helpful, Thanks! <3
  • missbrinemissbrine Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Ohmigod, this is perfect. Thank you!

Edit: This may be a bit much, but is there any way you can do this for female skins as well? I know you said it's pointless, but it's the tiny differences that matter (-w -) If not, could you direct me into how you got this map? Thanks again!
  • MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    missbrine wrote: »
    Ohmigod, this is perfect. Thank you!<br />
    <br />
    Edit: This may be a bit much, but is there any way you can do this for female skins as well? I know you said it's pointless, but it's the tiny differences that matter (-w -) If not, could you direct me into how you got this map? Thanks again!

Your pleas do not fall upon a heart of stone.

3OPrVwd.jpg