Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• MissBizbokMissBizbok Posts: 28 New Member
    @FloorRaisin I love the postman! Ha! Brilliant :)

I want to get mine done now but I'm still ummig and ahhing about my founder.
  • flowetrygurlflowetrygurl Posts: 43 Member
    edited September 2014
    Can someone explain to me how to take pictures in game for your stories and how you guys all got sim pictures for your avatar?
    @flowetrygurl Hey there, I think they are just screenshots using the in game camera 'C'. All screenshots are saved in Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Screenshots. You can open the image there and edit them outside of the game.
  • SanguinetteSanguinette Posts: 28 Member
    simsjessx wrote: »
    Also, I heard Sims 4 doesn't have family trees... so what are you guys using to keep track of all your generations?

I made an excel spreadsheet to use as a "descendant tree" with my family members and their traits. I would post a pic but I'm not sure how to on this forum.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    MissBizbok wrote: »
    @flowetrygurl Hey there, I think they are just screenshots using the in game camera 'C'. All screenshots are saved in Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Screenshots. You can open the image there and edit them outside of the game.

they are . i was doing something else when i took a picture by accident. come to think of it most of the things i find out about in the game are by accident.
  • SanguinetteSanguinette Posts: 28 Member
    xJDLKx wrote: »
    I'm a little stuck , I left it a little too late to start trying for babies , I've had two girls and I really need a boy for my founder , my Sims has 5 Sim days until she's an elder its the same with my male Sim , I'm following strict equality so was wondering if I could slightly bend the rules aha if I can use an anti aging potion will I be able to use it again in the next generations to come? or is it a one time thing?

The rule is 1 anti aging item per sim so other sims in future generations can each use 1 also. I would use the potion on your female sim...males can keep making babies when they are elders. Also, my own founder was in a similar situation and she just kept on trying for babies all the way until 1 day to aging up and was able to have the needed baby heir on that last day...being pregnant seemed to prevent her aging up until after the baby was born.

A Sim may utilize an anti-aging item ONCE in their lifetime. This includes drinking a youth potion or milking the cow plant.

• LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @flowetrygurl - To take pics in-game with out the game UI, hit the tab button to go into 'camera mode.' Then use Z/X to zoom in and out and C to take pictures. As for the avatars, I took a print-screen shot in the CAS Demo and edited it on another program, then resized it accordingly and added it to the forum that way. I'm guessing most who want a TS4 avatar must do the same, as this forum doesn't have the option for auto-sim-avatars like TS3 did.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited September 2014
    MissBizbok wrote: »
    @HazyKay I'm doing the exact same thing! Played all the Sims, never tried Legacy (God knows why? :confused: ) <br />
    <br />
    I was hoping I could grab a few tips but no joy yet...<br />
    <br />
    SO. I'm just looking at other peoples Legacy blogs while I ponder what my own will be. I won't be happy unless it's original and creative... :heart_eyes:

Pinstar has some really good tips and tricks scattered around his website. You can start here (if you haven't already): simslegacychallenge.com/the-sims-4-legacy-challenge-rules/ ...He also has some youtube videos that are very helpful too. Have fun with your legacy! :)

Edit: Sorry, I'm answering something that has already been discussed. Trying to catch up with the thread. lol Welcome to the legacy challenge insanity club. :D
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    Oh! I almost forgot! @Rawla - I'm pretty sure watching the kids channel on TV while pregnant still increases chances of multiples as well.

Thanks! I'll try that. I did notice there is no kids station on the radio anymore. So began to wonder. :)

Woot! Ty for that link, Rawla. I voted for the change. It was a little too easy, in my opinion, getting 20k like magic just for marrying the right townie. With the option to freely merge your desired spouse into another 'homeless' household using the manage households tool will keep the rule from being too frustrating (IE not being able to find any single sims living in a multiple household) so it sounds like a win/win to me.
    yea my colletors guide should be here tomorrow. that means i might be able to give owen and his family a proper house .i know this has nothing to do with my story but i was excited.
    LOL grats! :) I lucked out and my local Gamestop where I pre-ordered it apparently didn't get the memo that they weren't supposed to release it until the 9th. So I got mine on the 2nd with the game. :D
  • zombiesquirezombiesquire Posts: 32 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @zombiesquire -- I really enjoy your legacy! I like the running commentary style of legacy writing. Your Sims are really cute. Did Finley just show up in the flirty cow hat?

Lol yeah it was completely random! She wasn't a part of the household at that time. And thank you so much! I was worried I wasn't "story" written enough. But your post assures me that commentary style is fine too hehe
    The Dupont Legacy - http://sims4living.tumblr.com

ORIGIN ID - zombiesquire
    i'm on the 3rd generation and haven't done a story yet. generation one was spent trying to keep colin alive and happy.
    Rawla wrote: »
    Oh! I almost forgot! @Rawla - I'm pretty sure watching the kids channel on TV while pregnant still increases chances of multiples as well.

Thanks! I'll try that. I did notice there is no kids station on the radio anymore. So began to wonder. :)

maybe ea thinks kids don't listen to music.
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    I betcha they're saving the kid station for an x-pack. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

maybe ea thinks kids don't listen to music.

My Sim-kid Acacia (2nd gen) LOVES to "make pop-culture reference," so she must be listening to pop music in order to be able to! (Though it seems like the pop culture she tends to reference always has something to do with dragons or underpants.)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    My legacy house is going well so far. Alice finally lost her baby weight and her first born son aged up into a teen. And if I can drag myself away from the game for long enough, I will finally finish setting up and writing some posts on my Silverdust Legacy blog. Woot! Exciting week is going to be coming.
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member

Thank you for beating me to posting this. Please do check out the proposed change and place your vote. I value feedback from players of the challenge.

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • SiharaSihara Posts: 153 Member
    I've added my two cents on your site and will repeat them here. I like both versions for legacies, one as 'normal/easy' mode, and one as 'hard/double-down' mode.
    I am just getting to the point where I will be finding my spouse, what do I do if he wants to bring the 20,000 to my household? @Pinstar1161 I really want this to be a challenge so I don't want the 20,000, is there a way to stop it? Do you get more points for doing it without the 20,000?
  • petunia302007petunia302007 Posts: 75 Member
    So I just went into my game to pick up where I left off...the latest save file, however, is from before there were promotions or a nooboo! So I cleaned up my old saves (leaving the last one they had), left the game, and went to see if I could decipher the save folder in my documents. When I couldn't, I went back into the game thinking I would have to replay a little bit...and now even that save file is GONE!!! Has this happened to anyone else? I am getting sick and tired of starting over!
  • stargirl18stargirl18 Posts: 1,538 Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top