Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I used to love building...

N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
Now I can't get inspired since I got TS4. Maybe I just need to play some more families to get some ideas, or maybe I'm just getting old. Everything just seems "been there, done that". Any Ideas?
19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruGrantSimGuruGrant Posts: 392 SimGuru
    edited September 2014
    What type of stuff do you like to build typically?

What tends to inspire you in the past?

Some of the things that blew my mind on the development team were the sets for shows. Someone built out the cast and prison from the Walking Dead. Another person designed a starship using build. We had a guy build out the entire EA Campus.

So, perhaps pick a favorite TV show with an interesting cast to act out? Or an elaborate real world structure?
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Browse the internet for house plans, or look for interior design ideas and usually if they show just one room try to build the rest of the house around that room. Also, you could just be in a slump, that has happened to me before. Give yourself a little time concentrating on something else and before you know it you will be wanting to build something! :D
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    I saw the enterprise, that.. was cool!
    I've done a few things in the past based on tv shows. My stuff has varied, depending on my mood. Futuristic, modern, medieval, Fantasy (elvishy, hobbity stuff), country, nostalgic. I love architecture and character. I don't know, can't pick a mood. Maybe if I pick and object out of build mode and design a house around that.
  • Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    treece01 wrote: »
    Now I can't get inspired since I got TS4. Maybe I just need to play some more families to get some ideas, or maybe I'm just getting old. Everything just seems "been there, done that". Any Ideas?

I'm sorry to hear that :( I'm the opposite, TS4 I love building, TS3 I had too much lag or my favorite crashes in middle of build modes! Even with auto save mod, it frustrated me to no end. TS4 I have had zero problems ^_^ #TS4BuildModeAddict now, <3 their new game engine!
  • Options
    I don't think it's TS4, I think I just have a block. I didn't get all psyched up about TS4 and just slowing down on my simming in general. I think if I play it more I'll get inspired. My Sims often inspire me. Guess I should get off the forums and go do that. lol
  • Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    treece01 wrote: »
    I don't think it's TS4, I think I just have a block. I didn't get all psyched up about TS4 and just slowing down on my simming in general. I think if I play it more I'll get inspired. My Sims often inspire me. Guess I should get off the forums and go do that. lol

I hope you find inspirations. I played my sims a whole lot more on TS3 since it was a pita with lag/crashes in build mode. So I think now all my built up ideas since then are coming out. I agree with the others to find a genre, mine right now is starters... I get a weird high looking at the prices while building hoping I don't go over budget lol. Then get happy watching my sims enjoy the starters ^_^
  • Options
    DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    I had a bit of the same issue. What helped me was looking at the creations in the Gallery. WOW! Some of the builds there gave me some awesome ideas and got the creative juices flowing.

Maybe that will help you too :)