Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds Should Not Be Time Linked....

I started a household on Tuesday (Sept 2), and played for a about an hour. I went back to CAS, started a new household in the other world. I wanted to get the hang of things before I managed to screw up a 3 person family. I played for several hours. The next day I go back to my other world and 3 person household to find that my "child" Sim had aged up! I was not prepared for that. It was completely different worlds!

I am perterbed by the options I have. I can have everyone across all worlds age up as I play, regardless of what household I am playing, I can have only my household that I'm actively playing age up so that my others won't (but all NPCs across both worlds will still age up), or I can turn aging off for everyone. I want my teen sim to make and keep relationships with people he knows in his world but also be able to play my other sim and have his relationships keep and last for the period of time I am playing him. Its not fair that he ages up but those around him do, or that he stays the same but others around him are aging. Not aging is a good option if I am working on relationships, skills, or jobs, but isn't ideal for having kids.

Is there a way to create a mod to isolate the worlds? I know I can visit from one world to another, which is cool, but not necessary for me right now.

Comments

• KitaeliaKitaelia Posts: 85 Member
    Sims 4 doesn't seem to have a "Start New Household" option (The Sims' version of "new game") like the Sims 3 did. It does have a "Save As" option. Then at least you can play family1 on save1 and family2 on save2.

Also in the game options you can change how sims AGE. I have mine set to only auto age the household I am currently selected on.

Go to: Game Options > Gameplay > Auto Age (Played Sims) > "Only Active Household"

I hope this helps :)
  • fightingeternalyfightingeternaly Posts: 28 New Member
    > @Kitaelia said:
    > Sims 4 doesn't seem to have a "Start New Household" option (The Sims' version of "new game") like the Sims 3 did. It does have a "Save As" option. Then at least you can play family1 on save1 and family2 on save2.
    >
    > Also in the game options you can change how sims AGE. I have mine set to only auto age the household I am currently selected on.
    >
    > Go to: Game Options > Gameplay > Auto Age (Played Sims) > "Only Active Household"
    >
    > I hope this helps :)

That kind of works. My concern would be that though only my household is aging, either I can turn NPC aging on and they age up with my active household but my other households are left out of the loop and all their friends end up old or dead, or I turn NPC aging off and my current household ages while their friends and such do not. Its a no win situation. I suppose I can do the Save As option and see how that works. Does it give a load option when you do that though?
  • EudanilEudanil Posts: 85 Member
    There is a load option up near the gallery option before you load the world/save :)

What myself and my friends are doing is have all aging turned off and manually age/progress the other families (otherwise they don't have children) until mods are made that can do it for us.
    Signature02.jpg
    Yea, I will probably do this. Just seems so basic that this would be an option and a lot of going out of my way to make it one. I got all sorts of Sims from the community pre-launch. I intended on plopping a few and trying them out before deciding if I wanted to just leave them in towns or not... can't do that now because I would have to decide whether I want to ever play them or have them just become NPCs first.
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    Yea, I will probably do this. Just seems so basic that this would be an option.

Hmm, I actually vastly prefer the continuous clock. Didn't like the fact that you could skill freely in TS3 while vacationing; was cheaty IMO. And in fact, I would like to have MORE Sim time pass when traveling to another world, so it would be less like just going downtown to the library.

However, this is the mods forum, not the gameplay discussion forum, and your question was whether this could be done with a mod. I am not in a position to say definitively that it CAN, but I see no reason at all to rule it out. Modders are just beginning to dig into the game's scripts and gameplay data files. You'll find a lot of discussion here: http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=701
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited September 2014
    You can start a separate world. The button is on the top right of the main screen, the icon is a plus sign.

If you just create a household via the button next to the play button in the lower right you create a household in the most recent world you played.

If you don't want families to age as you play others you need to put the different families in different worlds.
    > @Celiria said:
    >
    > If you don't want families to age as you play others you need to put the different families in different worlds.

I tried this. I put sim family one in the greenish world and then put my second family in the desert world. I played the desert for a few hours, cam back to the first family and it was aged up! So I think the only option is to start a new "save as" game.
  • KShannonKShannon Posts: 223 Member
    I tried this. I put sim family one in the greenish world and then put my second family in the desert world. I played the desert for a few hours, cam back to the first family and it was aged up! So I think the only option is to start a new "save as" game.
    Those are two "towns" within one game "world". Starting a new "world" will keep your families completely separate if that's what you desire.
  • KitaeliaKitaelia Posts: 85 Member
    > @Celiria said:
    > You can start a separate world. The button is on the top right of the main screen, the icon is a plus sign.
    >
    > If you just create a household via the button next to the play button in the lower right you create a household in the most recent world you played.
    >
    > If you don't want families to age as you play others you need to put the different families in different worlds.

Oh wow, I had NO IDEA that that little plus sign was even there! I didn't think that you could even start a new (fresh) world. Thank you for enlightening me! ^_^