Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Aurora Legacy

Comments

• RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    What fascinatingly fun way of telling your story, it's awesome
    Shhh!

• SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    RoseAzul wrote: »
    What fascinatingly fun way of telling your story, it's awesome

Thanks, I kind of stumbled on the story telling style in my first sim story and I haven't been able to shake it since then. Every time I try a different tac it just feels weird. Besides, I always pretend I hear my sims talking in my hear. Writing what they "say" is not sweat :P

d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited September 2014
    OMG - so in love with my sim kids you guys! I have a blast playing them :)

I've added a family tree - with all the dead relatives from the sims 3 days as well, but you know, feel free to ignore those. It's mostly because I never did a tree for my old dynasty and I decided to use this one for both stories...
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited September 2014
    6. A night for seconds

"When in doubt, blame the vegetables!"
    -Beata Aurora (cited from the 8th Immortal)

You are looking at him, the one responsible for ruining our chances of an official legacy. It's always his fault you know, his fault that my poor Lucas still has a C in school. I've done the math and no dice on getting his aspiration done. I haven't told him yet, he still has dreams the poor dear...

22wrs3vz9v06qf4fg.jpg

So, I'm pregnant again....yay (or not). I'm enormous, maybe it's twins this time.

d8nhc9ir6lgyqorfg.jpg

Lucky me I get to puke, and clean up after myself. We need a maid, Lord do we need a maid. And still I get this rush of happiness when I scrub this loo. Only the Watcher knows why.

ditkzithu1q825nfg.jpg

Dear Lucas, he is working towards his aspiration blissfully unaware that he's doomed to fail. All the books his father writes goes straight into his hands. Maybe he'll be another writer? I hope not!

et63877s5g6ci4ofg.jpg

He is very intrigued with my stomach. He talks to "her" (that's what he calls the baby) all the time, and makes plans of what they'll do together once "she" is born.

br7eua994fnb32kfg.jpg

Labor time - here it goes!

t9rl4vwit3r4l6afg.jpg

Um, the Watcher decided now was a good time to ad a second bathroom to the house, Brycen must never know this photo is in here, he'd die of shame.

hr0asprvf7hkj00fg.jpg

Yeah, yeah, lady giving birth over here. Stop waving the house layout shots at my audience.

e5dsyiwbmzn8dmcfg.jpg

Nooboo! Welcome Melker my sweet boy.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/cb48/usxvajshyvb1auhfg.jpg

Exhausted after a very prolonged labor (we had builders here you know) I shuffle to the bedroom, when Brycen yells "Oh, honey! I have finished another book"...

11ncgr7emte4pnifg.jpg

So...yay... :-\ I'm pregnant again... (Please Watcher give me a full nights sleep for once!) I'm sure I'm going to need it.

3d7mqbz6ldvqlpnfg.jpg

Lucas: That's not my sister! Watcher what have you done!

a67wi09hxjkhl05fg.jpg
    Post edited by SALTPASTILLEN on
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited September 2014
    7. The one to rule them all

"It's all about me."
    -Julia Aurora (cited from The 6th Immortal)

Emelie: Lucas come out from under the covers!

Lucas: Not gonna!

Emelie: I promise I won't stop until you get a sister. I'll get a youth potion, I'll even have your father drink one youth potion so he'll stay young for longer.

Lucas: Promise?

Emelie: Yes, there will be a girl child one way or another...

d8d6jwc1kd9m6jafg.jpg

Yes, the joy of childbearing, looking forward to their teen years I am not. Unfortunately Brycen didn't get the memo about a youth potion (or maybe the watcher misread his age status), so he's an elder now. Poor Brycen, we now need to limit the amounts of "sternous" activity we do, or else it might prove fatal - a pop up told me that!

4bcvi4trkxz9147fg.jpg

Lucas: Shhh, don't ever call dad old to his face - he'll hip-bump you into the wall!

The boys seem to get a long better now, and tomorrow is Melker's birthday. So excited to see who he'll resemble.

kiva71iamzl9h61fg.jpg

Here is the little Self Assured bugger - he's got a right smug smirk going on. You can practically see he's a Rambunctious Scamp.

pz5gwk8nwghv7jpfg.jpg

Lucas: So, is that my sister?

Emelie: I pray to the watcher it is.

Is this pregnancy weight or the cake I have been eating to alleviate my stress?

baa96r1atgt97hbfg.jpg

Finally she arrived. Her name is Britta and she will be our last child, I just can't take this any more... Besides, I need to help the kids through school and complete my aspiration. If we want more we can always adopt.

am5yvz6ei969rdnfg.jpg

Melker: So, I'm getting Monkey Bars for Britta's birthday, what are you getting?

Lucas: Do we get presents on her birthday?

Melker: Of course, what else are sisters good for?

The boys are getting on like pants on fire. I'm helping with homework and stuff all the time so hopefully Melker will do a little better in school than Lucas. I need one of my kids to have an A in High School and to max a skill. I hope they are up for it.

w2zmpgazvcvs22lfg.jpg

I have decided it will be all about Brycen for a while, since he's gotten into his twilight years. All we need now is to figure out how to get mad enough at each other to have a fight, without our relationship taking too much of a hit. And, keeping our fight secret from the kids, which is harder to do when you have two (soon to be three) running around.

Brycen continues to be a very caring father and he finds time to chat with them almost every day after school since he gets home earlier than me.

s80wf9vrtwlc23dfg.jpg

Lucas has a friend named Mike Blanton, they met in the park that day we had a lovely date at the bathrooms. He comes over all the time and entertains Lucas. Maybe having a friend will lessen the blow of growing up a failure...

b8u85j2zh7aw8atfg.jpg

Lucas is turning into a teen any day now, so we head to the park to celebrate the weekend. I feel like we are bad sims for never going anywhere except Magnolia Blossom park. Maybe we should try going to the park in Oasis Springs one of these days... anyways, the park is convenient because it has all the cool kids stuff we can't afford. Even if we are getting wealthier by the day.

2qvo5jj751pqzo1fg.jpg

This is the happy faces of parents who get to spend some relaxing time away from their kids for a while. The man at the table was slightly uncomfortable, he tried chatting but we just sat there in a happy daze....

6ctyf2rx6rh221lfg.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    oh my, I don't know whether to be happy and laughing or sad and crying. Maybe a bit of both? This is a very interesting read.
    Shhh!

• LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    LOL! Great updates! Poor Lucas not being able to get an A in school. It took me til the 2nd child to figure out how to get it right myself, Trevor never got an A in grade school. His younger sister Sophia did though. :P Blaming the armor is a great idea . . . I'mma keep that in mind, LOL! Looking forward to more!
    Yeah, pregnancy in sims 4 is so much more realistic - in a not very good way. Poor Emelie, I don't think she slept more that 3 hours straight when pregnant, and then she had to pee, or eat, or pee again...

More joy when I get to have my sims do skilling instead of birthing ;)

I'm finding this game rather stressful...
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    LOL! Great updates! Poor Lucas not being able to get an A in school. It took me til the 2nd child to figure out how to get it right myself, Trevor never got an A in grade school. His younger sister Sophia did though. :P Blaming the armor is a great idea . . . I'mma keep that in mind, LOL! Looking forward to more!

I know, when I had it all figured out it was already to late. Missed it by one extra credit work, once I realized it was a done race I didn't push him either. Good thing he won't be needing logic for his aspiration...
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    I actually have to agree with you about the stress part. The actual gameplay is 'harder' in TS4 than it ever was in TS3. I kind of like that though, a lot of the time goals were so easy to achieve in TS3 that I always felt like I was coasting through and my legacy families were usually ridiculously wealthy by the end of the very first generation.

I'm terrified of accidental deaths though. Especially accidental emotional deaths. I just know my ISBI game is gonna be filled with them . . . .
    I know, I don't want my sims to die, not now that there are no ghosts :( But I have decided that if worst comes to worst one of the boys will carry on, this will be a legacy in heart and mind if not by the rules...

And I do think it's good that the game play is harder, I just wish I was a little "better" at it, but I have myself to blame for jumping in so early...
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Dawww, it'll get easier with practice. I myself was getting frustrated that I couldn't figure out how/where to get the fish I'm missing for Whitley, but I finally made myself chill out. There's 9 more generations to go, I'm sure someone else will have an interest in fishing and I'll learn way more between now and then. :D I agree with you about the ghosts. That's probably my biggest peeve with TS4 (next to no portrait options with painting). I LOVED my TS3 ghosts and especially in legacy families. It softened the blow of losing your most favorite-of-all-time sim founder because you knew that he/she'd still show up now and then as a ghost to terrorize the family, haunt and break objects and hog the sauna. :P
  • EGYPT87771EGYPT87771 Posts: 224 Member
    I love this! Bookmarked!
    EGYPT87771 wrote: »
    I love this! Bookmarked!

Thanks!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    I like this one, too. I'll be following the family grow :)
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
    I like this one, too. I'll be following the family grow :)

Yay, one more reader. I am having so much fun in game. But it's really hard to get on top of all things that have to be done. I applaud the simmers who have a full house, I'm nowhere near that level right now.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    This is fun to read -- good luck with the children!
    edited September 2014
    8. Up all night

"When I want attention, I get it."
    -Greta Aurora (cited from The 7th Immortal)

Here she is, all screaming and crying. Isn't she sweet? We named her Britta, maybe we should have named her miss screams-a-lot. The boys cooed for about 2 seconds and then headed out to the new monkey bars we put up on the lawn. "When will she do something more fun than screaming" I heard Melker ask Lucas as they ran out the door. I am wondering the same thing.

mi8mmn6jxsohoi8fg.jpg

Brycen and I worry about Brittas unhappy nooboo years. She is constantly crying and screaming, we never had these kinds of trouble with the boys. I'm just glad they or we don't have to share a room with her since she'd wake them all the time. Look at that face! 24/7 it's the same. I wonder if she has colic, but the doctors assure me she's just a normal baby...

b124a3wdovwb2lofg.jpg

Luckily I have a new love in my life that can satisfy me and make me happy several times a day. The new trashcan recycles and gives me back money every time I leave my scrapings there. I love you trashcan! May your reign be glorious and long.

ou1hhko8uwc0d9wfg.jpg

Lucas: What are you looking at?

j875x9mv56ec3e8fg.jpg

Lucas friend Mike Blanton has been coming over a lot lately, sometimes he stays the whole night and gives the boys evil looks as they eat their breakfast. I think he might come from a troubled home, because no one ever answers when I call his parents. Despite his rude behavior I have told the boys to be nice to him. We must show that we are a good charitable sims family.

bk81lnmt55dn1u7fg.jpg

My eldest is a teen now! Despite failing his aspiration (or maybe because of that) he's now decided that academics is just not for him. He wants to become a musical genius and Brycen has already bought him a guitar. He gained the music lover trait, so now I know why I feel so close to him - we share the same interest!

5jd213rwi6n3dacfg.jpg

When it was time for Britta to age up I will admit I was a litter nervous, just what kind of sim would I be handing this legacy off to?

Britta: *slides glasses down her nose and wiggles eyebrows* Heeeeeellooooooo world!

Yes, she hasn't stopped talking since. She want's to become a Social Butterfly and she's Self Assured like her father and Melker.

sh1xphgae6mtm02fg.jpg

Brycen and I have finally been able to focus more on our careers when Britta has become a child, now she want's to spend as much time as possible with her brothers, so we can finally go that extra mile at work. Brycen is going to go into Journalism and I will become a Start-up Entrepreneur, we aren't sure if these are the best choices money wise, but they will give us each weekend free to spend with the progeny, and that is what counts.

wausrqwct609ar1fg.jpg

*I'm loving what outfits come with the game so far, haven't had to change a single one (except maybe tweaking it a little such as giving Melker crazier colored vests in the other clothing categories) and I do love that when you go to the mirror to change appearance, you can change all of the family at the same time!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Yay! Great update! LOL something tells me Britta is going to be QUITE the character, I look forward to seeing how she grows up. OMG I didn't know that trash-can recycled for you! *is so gonna buy it next time I'm in the Gieke file*
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    OMG I didn't know that trash-can recycled for you! *is so gonna buy it next time I'm in the Gieke file*

I know I was excited to learn it. If you drag and drop empty plates you also get money back - it's quite a cash cow, I can no afford to just buy broken pluming because I get money to my petty cash account ;)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Photobucket, why doth thee hate me? All fixed now. Sorry about the missing pictures folks.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Where did you find that rubbish bin / trash compactor? Is it a new add to the game, with the patches? Maybe we'll get a dishwasher in a future patch.
    edited September 2014
    @Lizziemay12 - It's in the garbage section (easiest way I know is to go to decorations by room, kitchen, then the trash can pic). It's not new, it's been there since base game. Only new object I know of is the BAWSE gnome on the flamingo.
    edited September 2014
    9. Awkward

"I always talk to strangers, it's the best way to get a donation"
    -Julia Aurora (cited from The 6th Immortal)

Melker marches to a different drum. Despite not loving the outdoors he prefers doing his homework at the park bench across the road. I was a little hesitant to let him be away from home by himself, but he claims he'd never get in trouble just cross the road...

mud8ifqbxbfduv1fg.jpg

Suspicious mama that I am I have observed from a distance and learnt that he hangs out with anyone who passes by. Melker says it's so nice to meet "normal" people once in a while - I don't compute what he's talking about.

gavd0r3vnft8dcnfg.jpg

Britta is busy wrapping her dad around her little finger. We are worried he will be taken away from us soon because he's already 110 days old.

lp6icj6mtq37hv6fg.jpg

As luck would have had it she has convinced dear Brycen to drink a potion of youth, so hopefully he will see at least one more of our children turn a teen, and maybe even have time to go on those dates required for his aspiration.

5bk6li7m1kck6mgfg.jpg

The next day I checked out what Melker was doing I saw this.

Emelie: Melker honey, have you done your homework?

Melker: Pf, who has time for homework. I'm chillin' with my peeps.

Needless to say, I put a stop to his afternoons across the road after that. I need him to work on those motor skills, come on Melker you can complete that aspiration. I don't want to have to rely on miss talks-a-lot.

7es9ahv84y8ibsrfg.jpg

Life is good in the legacy house. Watching TV, hanging out with my kids and polishing my jokes about ducks. Britta has a new joke about banana's that always makes us laugh. Britta and Lucas are so alike as children, I think they are both more like me than dear Brycen.

Don't ask me about why I wear a ball cap with that fancy dress though, the mysteries of company clothing choices still baffle me.

p9dtjsxno8gnv8xfg.jpg

A little hint to future legacy families. Don't take your kids with you to the park when you go there to pick a fight. They will come running like anyone else, and I doubt hearing "your momma lost to an old lady" will do them any favors on the school yard either...

Anyways, so Brycen and me both tried to get angry because that was a requirement for my man's aspiration... After a lot of tries we did just that, and then we almost keeled over with exhaustion (it was our second night of fights in the park, we now officially have more enemies than friends in this town, because it turns out, just being in a fight won't make you angry - declaring someone your enemy is needed...). We hurried home to do the obligatory insult and apology schpeel - and forgot the kids were right behind us...

Awkward...So now I have to go tell them we are not getting a divorce, and rip the blinders about what it takes to be a legacy family from their vulnerable little eyes. It's to early for them to grow up! I want my children to be carefree a bit longer - but I guess everything must end.

n8q23yr2a42wcgqfg.jpg

Crisis averted, now Brycen and me can focus on the more pleasant part of his aspiration. Him using 200 romantic interactions on me, his soulmate...

Lucas: Sure, you are cute. But you guys! Get a room!

mby3e0m479u0557fg.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited September 2014
    @SALTPASTILLEN - For a moment there I thought they were going through a rough patch, but it's nice to see that they've managed to revert back to a happy couple :)
    Post edited by Lizziemay12 on