Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Content

Hi everyone.

Just a quick question really.

You know how you can buy items and clothing and hairstyles in sims 3 using sim points.
Are the items that you have bought applicable to your sims 4 game or will their be like an seperate sims 4 shop so you can buy items?

Thanks in advance to any responses.

Courtney. x :)

Comments

• simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Hi everyone. <br />
    <br />
    Just a quick question really.<br />
    <br />
    You know how you can buy items and clothing and hairstyles in sims 3 using sim points.<br />
    Are the items that you have bought applicable to your sims 4 game or will their be like an seperate sims 4 shop so you can buy items?<br />
    <br />
    Thanks in advance to any responses.<br />
    <br />
    Courtney. x :)

I'm not sure that this thread (modding&custom content/build & buy mode) is the place for this question since it's related to the store, probably sims4 general would be better.
    But no... sims 4 is a completely different game, the items we all spent money on in the sims 3 store cannot be used in here, at all.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • cutiekittenxxxcutiekittenxxx Posts: 46 Member
    oh sorry hun, this is my first time posting, so wasn't sure where to post :(.
    Do you think they will bring out a sims 4 store? Not sure if you have perhaps heard any rumours or anything...
    Courtney xo
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    oh sorry hun, this is my first time posting, so wasn't sure where to post :(.<br />
    Do you think they will bring out a sims 4 store? Not sure if you have perhaps heard any rumours or anything...<br />
    Courtney xo

I'm not sure if there will be a sims 4 store, I think it's pretty likely, they did well on the sims 4 one (monetarily I mean) so I'd imagine they would but I'm not sure.
    Sorry
    HSon1Mq.png
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    oh sorry hun, this is my first time posting, so wasn't sure where to post :(.<br />
    Do you think they will bring out a sims 4 store? Not sure if you have perhaps heard any rumours or anything...<br />
    Courtney xo
    They might have a store, but there are rumors that there is going to be a subscription plan for new content: http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/12908/20140904/sims-4-news-premium-payment-plans-season-pass-debunked.htm
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    Courtney xo
    They might have a store, but there are rumors that there is going to be a subscription plan for new content: http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/12908/20140904/sims-4-news-premium-payment-plans-season-pass-debunked.htm

There is a big difference between a payment plan and a premium membership. Premium is where you make a one time purchase of future content (Commonly called a "Season Pass" on Steam) where as payment plans are reoccurring charges for a service. The premium service will likely follow the Battlefield 4 premium membership where they offer 5 expansions, early access, weekly updates with new content and little "double XP events", and all that for 60 dollars. And if you don't want to pay for that stuff, you can buy each expansion individually as it comes out as always.

Likely we'll see a similar method with The Sims 4, which is a large improvement over the Store we had in Sims 3, in my opinion.
  • MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    I agree, Kit! Now I just have to convince The Spouse to buy me a Premium Membership for Christmas! LOL!
    My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    MomGinny wrote: »
    I agree, Kit! Now I just have to convince The Spouse to buy me a Premium Membership for Christmas! LOL!
    I'm saving my allowance for it. Who knew keeping the house clean for your man would be so productive! XD
  • micandra_cmicandra_c Posts: 51 Member
    Read the article. PM not happening.
  • HMM333HMM333 Posts: 2 New Member
    I do wonder, if it was possible to convert Sims 3 Objects to Sims 4 Format, would you do it?, or would you consider that as cheating/unethical against the developers?. (I only mean those objects that are free or bought by you of course)
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    HMM333 wrote: »
    I do wonder, if it was possible to convert Sims 3 Objects to Sims 4 Format, would you do it?, or would you consider that as cheating/unethical against the developers?. (I only mean those objects that are free or bought by you of course)

Well that would depend on whether the conversions are just for your own use (personal use copying is legal in many countries – but I wouldn’t even know whether local law applies here, or U.S. law) or whether you’re also planning on redistributing them. There is no such thing as “free” content in commercial software (which is probably spelled out in exorbitant detail on pp 4627–9684 of the TOS).
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • micandra_cmicandra_c Posts: 51 Member
    Since there are many 1 to 2, 2 to 3 conversions, I don't see anything wrong with converting to 4. As long as they are free.
  • LaoiLaoi Posts: 11 New Member
    > @HMM333 said:
    > I do wonder, if it was possible to convert Sims 3 Objects to Sims 4 Format, would you do it?, or would you consider that as cheating/unethical against the developers?. (I only mean those objects that are free or bought by you of course)

I'll probably convert things I made myself over. Thats entirely legal, and allowable. Or, maybe, I'll remake them entirely.