Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We should be able to ask "How old are you?"

I mean, it would save me a lot of time. Sometimes my Sim is dating someone and when I finally move them in, I find out they are a few days from becoming a freaking elder, when my Sim is a young adult!

Comments

• Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    Omg yes please!
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Definately looking into detail but agree, the whole thing with young adult, and adult sms at nearly elders thing is super annoying
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    ShaneyBoy wrote: »
    I mean, it would save me a lot of time. Sometimes my Sim is dating someone and when I finally move them in, I find out they are a few days from becoming a freaking elder, when my Sim is a young adult!

Lol, this happened to me when I first started playing Sims 3. My young adult managed to find a male sim to marry and he aged up to elder the very first night. Gutted!
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Agree! Would make dating a townie a lot easier. I had my sim dating a townie and when they got married and she moved in with him I found out she was 4 days away from becoming an elder :| I used a cheat to make her a young adult again because I liked her so much :p
  • Options
    dorotkaeladorotkaela Posts: 143 Member
    My sim was trying to get with this attractive sim-girl, but I couldn't see any romance interactions. I thought if they were good enough friends, the option would eventually pop out. In the end I realised she was a teenager! The horror! So yes, I agree that the question about age would be very useful.
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Don't you you know you NEVER ask a girl her age... it's suicide!
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    You should never ask a lady their age ;)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    young_modernyoung_modern Posts: 22 Member
    When I first got the game, I was trying for days (sim days) to get a guy to like my sim romantically. Until I realised he was a teen. I just couldn't understand why the romantic interactions weren't showing up.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    I didn't consider it but now i agree lol, but this where also in the previous Sims lol. I really never thought about this kind of feature haha
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Maybe Snob Sims could be upset when we do :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Well the sim children can "ask about being old" - one of those little touches that made me giggle. But I agree, there needs to be something. Maybe "Ask about Life Stage"?
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    Well the sim children can "ask about being old" - one of those little touches that made me giggle. But I agree, there needs to be something. Maybe "Ask about Life Stage"?

Yeah, that would be nice too!
  • Options
    FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    Well, you know that little info- pop up you get when clicking on a sim (middle-top conversation menu)
    which tells you their traits and job and such?
    Why not display life stage and age there? Or else, yes, please make it so we can ask :)
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    The option to ask about age was something I appreciated with one of the NRAAS mods for TS3. Seems like it should be easy enough to do. If EA won't fix it, hopefully a creative modder will.
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    If the option is brought in, some sims (maybe those that are getting on) could refuse to ask, like dmel25 and Kelly_Blake are suggesting. On the other hand, some features to tell adults from young adults apart would be nice. I think some get wrinkles or frown lines as they age but it's not always that clear.

I've had the opposite problem, where my adult male married in a young adult female. He died when she was pregnant with their second child but she begged for his life and he was resurrected. Then he died just before the first child was a teenager and I figured he had lived a long enough life. I might make his wife remarry if she finds someone worth it.
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member

Maybe Snob Sims could be upset when we do :)

Hah, sweet. Ask them anything about their money/job etc and they can boast. Ask them their age and experience an unholy wrath as you get beaten by a handbag from Harrods
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    FatCat wrote: »
    Well, you know that little info- pop up you get when clicking on a sim (middle-top conversation menu)
    Why not display life stage and age there? Or else, yes, please make it so we can ask :)

That's a good idea! :)

• Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member

They can? Lol I didn't know that.

tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited September 2014
    MsPhy wrote: »
    The option to ask about age was something I appreciated with one of the NRAAS mods for TS3. Seems like it should be easy enough to do. If EA won't fix it, hopefully a creative modder will.

"Funny enough we're exactly the same age." I loved it :) If the sim was more/less than 5-10 days I would have said goodbye almost instantly.

I can't wait for the next big game modder, like NRAAS industries, to come out and improve and already pretty good game. For now I'm happy with what we have at the moment, but these expansions better be awesome. For an 8MB game, however ... I hope these expansions are small (maybe less than 1MB each?) unless they are major ones like Pets or Seasons. But I'm getting ahead of myself, back to topic :)
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Are there families that can't be touched by the manage households option? Maybe as an alternative for now, you can save your game, go to a sim's house (or move them in one if they're not in the world), check their age, and reload without saving.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options

They can? Lol I didn't know that.

My one sim child's father became an elder & he's been able to ask that ever since.

• Options
    Loreleilee73Loreleilee73 Posts: 222 Member
    Gosh, yes, something like this would be SO useful! Especially as teenagers seems to be the same height as adults (either that or I need new glasses lol).
  • Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    Forget the option to ask for age. Just have their age category show in the info box in your relationship panel (where it shows their relation to you, and any traits you know). In reality, I can usually tell at a glance if someone is in their 20s, 40s, or 60s.
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    FatCat wrote: »
    Maclimes wrote: »
    Forget the option to ask for age. Just have their age category show in the info box in your relationship panel (where it shows their relation to you, and any traits you know). In reality, I can usually tell at a glance if someone is in their 20s, 40s, or 60s.

Both great ideas! I like. :D
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    And you should be able to tell when someone is a teen immediately by the options you're given. When you click on a random townie, it should say "TEEN" in large glowing red letters somewhere. LOL. OK, just joking about that ...maybe not large glowing red letters, but there should be SOMETHING indicating he's a teen.