Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    > @ULIBABA66 said:
    > These are the expansions I would like to see:
    > Generations/Family Life (toddlers with new and returning interactions, pre-teens, home school, school buses, private schools, family trees, trampolines etc.)
    > Open For Business (open restaurants, open grocery stores, clothing stores, etc.)
    > Pets (horses, cats, dogs, pet rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, squirrels, turtles, birds, pet stores, etc.)
    > Seasons (snow boarding, weather, Sims can swim in the sea, sun bathing, skiing, etc.)
    > Farm Life (cows, pigs, chicken, lambs, tractors, farming world, new gardening possibilities and new plants)
    > Vacation/Island Paradise (swimming pools with new games, f.e. Marco Polo, Tennis) (boats, houseboats, possibility to build on the water, hotels etc.)
    > Wilderness Explorer/FreeTime (camping, zip lines, new hobbies, etc.)
    > City Life/Apartment Life (cars with animations similar to TS2, taxis, hot tubs, new large city world, sky scrapers/apartments etc.)
    > Superstar (singers with lots of unlockable songs, singing skill, actors, models, fame and reputation, etc.)
    > University Life
    > So those are the expansions I would like to see in TS4. Thank you for making this thread! :)
    >

I agree with these EP suggestions! :)
  • TwilaniteTwilanite Posts: 53 Member
    * What you liked
    * Emotions
    * Group Chat (Automatic)
    * Graphics improvement
    * Moving back n forth between neighborhoods
    * The Cow Plant is back!!! (I love this crazy plant and I don't really know why)

* What you didn't like
    * Free will is Ultra High
    * Limited Lots
    * No Edit Town
    * Lack of Customization Options (other than the very limited choices you gave us)
    * Severe lack of Grocery Store, Bookstore, ect.
    * No Cars or Bikes
    * No Toddlers
    * Too small closed in feel
    * Camera controls
    * No Pools
    * That I paid for a game that is boring

* Suggestions?
    Fix the above

* Overall thoughts?

Really want to know? I think you released a game that was simply not ready in terms of The Sims. You should have took the extra
    month to fix even the most basic of things. I am VERY disappointed as I have played Sims from the beginning since I was a teen.
    If you were going for realism even on the most basic level you pretty much have FAILED. I do not like I can't add more lots or
    change them in the ways I want to. The neighborhoods are very, very, small. You pretty much have Limited our creativity. How
    are we supposed to be creative with such limitations? You said the "Create a Tool" in Sims 3 was limiting our creativity how is
    this any better?

Really I can't go to the grocery store to buy food? What is the fridge auto going to fill itself? I can't go to a bookstore to
    purchase skill books for home use I have to go to the Library? I mean this wouldn't be so bad if you didn't plan on being your
    own boss sim and wanting to work from home in a possible future expansion pack. I mean I can see not needing a logic book as
    you got some alternate options for that, athletics, and painting.

No Cars or Bikes but yet in the background you have cars driving on the roads. Say what the ? What's the logic behind having to
    walk everywhere if you did that in real life it would literally take hours, days, months, and possibly years.

I think taking out toddlers in the game and not brining them back is a total toddlertastropy. NO baby goes from being a baby to
    a child. Its just wrong on so many levels I can't even begin to describe how much this upsets me. I have a child of my own and
    the Toddler years were some of the BEST experiences and memories I have with my child. I know how much everyone says they are a
    pain in the behind. And to a degree they were but that's what made it a challenge to me and I LOVED it. I also liked the fact they
    could learn some skills that carried over to adulthood. Please reconsider and bring them back!

The towns/city's are so small its unreal. When a sim can run from one end of the town/city and come back within a few minutes
    that's seriously small and allows no room to expand or create your own lots, again yes I am complaining about the lots. It
    feels like they are in a box or some has put it "Under the Dome".

Camera controls just plain ridiculous. No scroll edge feature means I have to constantly center on my sim if I don't follow
    them or use my arrow keys. Its just annoying. And the angles are just weird.

No pools to swim in for athletic skill and you can't swim in the pond. Plus no swimwear options right now. Swimming =
    Relaxing! You can't tell me not one of your team doesn't swim and has know idea what I am talking about. Plus not to mention
    its good exercise for sims.

Free will is Ultra high and sims are just nuts with all the wants and random things. Slow it down just a heir? The game is
    really boring with all the limits set I just cant see myself playing it anymore unless some changes are made and soon. Right
    now I really do not like the game and hope you take what I have said into consideration.

Respectfully
    Twilanite
  • Kayla103Kayla103 Posts: 38 Member
    You can read my review here storythatismylife.wordpress.com/ I feel that it covers the highlights of my thoughts. :-)
  • Pris3718Pris3718 Posts: 37 Member
    Basically I like the Sims4 game. Hopefully, when we get the EP for College, it is more like the Sims2 game. I totally disliked the College EP in the Sims3.

What I like in the Sims4 is the freedom of movement among the Sims themselves. They are much more gregarious than before.
    I like the choice of careers offered. I am still learning some of the gameplay and feel rather awkward at playing. I like the babies and how they respond in interaction to their parents. I have discovered that interaction overrides other actions between the Sims themselves. This is good when it comes to their social needs. I love the new build mode. I would like the options to change colors and patterns of items as before in the Sims3.

What I do not like is the small town with no interaction as far as commuity such as visiting the park, the bookstore, the spa, or the market, etc. or with other sims in a world setting. I, myself always like the toddlers in all the other Sims games. It gives a more rounded evolve to community life. I like how they build their learning experience to prepare them for childhood and school days. Maybe the toddlers should be more self assertive and not so dependent on their parents meeting their every need. Such as they should be able to crawl and learn to walk on their own. Interact more to other Sims when it comes to their personal attention such as bedtime, hungar, and potty training. Another thing I do not like is, intimate relationships seem to be harder to build even though the Sims themselves are BBF's. Relationships are harder to build and maintain.

I do not like the separate worlds based on family view. I do not like that the adult Sims are not autonomous when it comes to their personal needs. The day is too short to check every Sims needs and be sure that they are taken care of before accidents. I do not like how they walk in on each other time and time again with no learning curve while other Sims are in the bathroom. I would like to see the same family tree and interaction among families such as in Sims1. I do not like the new walk, especially when they really have almost waited to late to go to the bathroom. I do not like the tired slump. Everyone in the world is walking around with a tired slump from either working or exercising. I think the autonomous drop to push-up exercising should be done at home or in the a gym not while on the street.

But, I am looking forward to future improvements. Thank you for the Sims4. Here's to happy simming!
  • mhuinker1mhuinker1 Posts: 55 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have been a long time Sims player, I still have all my games, starting with the original SIMS...

I'm going to start with things I DON'T like, since there are more of those, than what I do like, after having spent so much $$$$$ on this UNFINISHED game!! I don't care if EP's are not out yet..... this base game is horrible!

First - I HATE the "closed world"..... what happened to those beautiful, full, open worlds??!!! Seriously??!! That was one of the best parts of the Sims3, at least to me! And while it seems a lot of simmers like the "travelling" of the Sims4, I HATE it!! I hate that I have to sit and look at that stupid plumbob for my sim to travel within their own world, I rather enjoyed watching them travel throughout their neighborhood! This is just the worst part of the game! Hate it, hate it, hate it!!!! The "world/neighborhood" is U-G-L-Y!!

Second - no cars? Really??????? No bikes???? Really??? How, exactly does my "realistic" sim get to and from places??? Horrible!!

Third - I can't change the 'shape' of my lots??? Seriously???? I thought this game was supposed to be so wonderful and realistic!! I live in the mountains, there isn't a flat piece of land around here.... why do my sims have to live on such flat land????

Other things I don't like - no pools, can't add plots (which goes along with the horrible world/neighborhood), no basements, not being able to "design" objects and change colors and patterns like before, graphics are somewhat child like/cartoonish, not realistic looking as Sims3, time goes by too fast, limited decor...

No toddlers? Really? I thought the idea of this game was realism? It's just not very real any more. So, disappointed!!!

Again, have I said how much I H-A-T-E the lack of CAW????!!!!! This to me, is preventing me from playing the SIMS4! I will go back to SIMS3!

No weather or pets, which I know is usually in an expansion pack, but HURRY UP WITH THOSE!!

What I do like:

CAS - I do enjoy the fact you can alter bodies so much, which is so much more realistic.

The plants and trees seem more realistic looking, bravo!

Building is better, not perfect, but definitely better! Love the different wall & foundation heights, etc.

Multi-tasking - AWESOME! My sim can eat and watch TV at the same time!! Very cool!

I'm sure as I play, if I do, I will find more things..... but these are the major points that make an impression on me.....

Overall, I'm very disappointed in this game, especially for the price!! :( VERY DISAPPOINTED!
  • PruThistlePruThistle Posts: 97 Member
    The more I play the game, the crankier I am getting about not being able to custom color anything. I really dislike the color combinations included in the game and it just steams my buns that I can't re-color. If that isn't fixed soon, I'm going back to Sims3.
  • mhuinker1mhuinker1 Posts: 55 Member
    Twilanite, well said!!!!! completely agree!!
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    There are so many great features in Sims 4 it's not possible to list them all. So I give it a big thumbs up................

But.........I honestly can't see me sticking with it if I don't have the ability to recolour objects. Not being able to match certain colours in the rooms I'm building is really causing me some serious grief and loss of interest. It's so good to use the new building tools; they required a bit of a learning curve but the more you use them, the better they feel..... until the time comes to decorate. So many wall colours in the paint section - brilliant! I love them..........until I try to match up rugs, carpets, beds and curtains :( It is at this point that I go into Grrrrrrrrrr mode. I find myself searching for objects but no matter how long I take, I have to make do with the final result rather than being able to create something pleasing to my eye.
    -
    There is NO way I will be able to continue throughout all the eps of Sims 4 with this feeling of lack. Please, please, please find a way to either change the colours of objects OR add enough coloured objects to ensure they all match up in some way.

I'm really crossing my fingers on this because I play the sims to build and design houses and although the game play is enticing me at the moment, I need the long term ability to be creative to keep up my interest over a longer period.

Thanks for reading! :)
    PruThistle wrote: »
    The more I play the game, the crankier I am getting about not being able to custom color anything. I really dislike the color combinations included in the game and it just steams my buns that I can't re-color. If that isn't fixed soon, I'm going back to Sims3.

Absolutely 100% AGREE! EA, are you listening?

• HoeyaHoeya Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Sucom said:
    > PruThistle wrote: »
    >
    > The more I play the game, the crankier I am getting about not being able to custom color anything. I really dislike the color combinations included in the game and it just steams my buns that I can't re-color. If that isn't fixed soon, I'm going back to Sims3.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Absolutely 100% AGREE! EA, are you listening?

Too busy counting their money. Come back later after they finished diving into their pile of gold.
    Hoeya wrote: »
    > @Sucom said:<br />
    > PruThistle wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > The more I play the game, the crankier I am getting about not being able to custom color anything. I really dislike the color combinations included in the game and it just steams my buns that I can't re-color. If that isn't fixed soon, I'm going back to Sims3.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Absolutely 100% AGREE! EA, are you listening?<br />
    <br />
    Too busy counting their money. Come back later after they finished diving into their pile of gold.

Yes, but they will want to be counting it again with the first expansion or stuff pack so it will need to attract customers!

• parfymererosalieparfymererosalie Posts: 3 New Member
    Keep up the good work guys, hopefully we can make a difference to the game
  • deepillarodeepillaro Posts: 4 New Member
    I have been playing the Sims since Sims 2...I've been addicted every since. I have to admit, like everyone else, I have been counting the days for the Sims4 release. I bought it on the 2nd, flew home, installed it and began to play. My husband thinks I'm nuts...lol 45 and playing the Sims. Oh well...I gave it a week. I love to build and design, with that being said, it looks like I will be going back to Sims 3. There's just not anything or place to do that on this Sims. Im so disappointed. They got it with the designing the Sim, but totally dropped the ball on the rest. To cartoony for me. I loved how real everything looked in Sims 3. Please fix this game...maybe just take all the new that everyone love in Sims 4 and combined it with Sims 3 and you guys will have a master piece!
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2014
    I just had three things in the game break in the space of five minutes. Literally. The bathtub, sink and computer all broke almost at the same time. And here's the weirdest part: My Sim was fixing the bathtub, but she had to pee, so she stopped fixing the bathtub to pee. When she was done, the bathtub was still spraying water as if it was never fixed, but if you click on it, it doesn't give the option to repair it any longer. It has all the regular options once again as if it weren't broken, yet it still has that spraying water animation. Apparently forever. *Sad face.*

Plus, the maid has been extremely glitchy. The maid stopped showing up completely. Before he stopped showing up, he wouldn't clean anything and had a nervous tick where he'd make these jerky head movements repeatedly while standing in front of the fridge.

Other than these bugs, I've been enjoying the game *mostly.* However, you really badly need more interesting venues. I'm disappointed to see that there are two museums and two gyms, and nothing to do in either of them. I'd like to bulldoze all four of them, but I have nothing to replace them with.
  • SemmycolanSemmycolan Posts: 1 New Member
    I for one is extremely disappointed in the outcome of the Sims4 the anticipation and buildup was sooooo intense and it turned out to be a real let down i literally was looking on orgin to see if i could get a refund. I never knew the sims franchise would ever do this to its fans. This does not feel like you've made the sims smarter or made the gameplay more advanced it feels like im playing a completely different game than the legacy which was THE SIMS i think EA needs to rename the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of this game. This is what you call some white collar 🐸🐸🐸🐸 what we gonna have to do wait on the expansions to start enjoying the game. Dear creators you took the best things from the sims and didnt include it and why so much loading page its boring up the game, no cars come on this is a stimulation game, if i can hit the road then wats the point. Technical aspect for me the game was not ready to be released the neighbors have some weird twirly hands going on in the game save has issues and the time it takes to visit a lot makes you dont wanna leave your house. There is nothing on the game that i can truley say put me at the edge of my seat or excited me in any little way this feels like they took 2 steps forward to only go 3 steps back i had more fun playing the sims2 thats how bad 4 is.... Please take all that we the sims community r saying to you and set this right because once you lose ur fans u'll have lost everything.
  • MearasMearas Posts: 27 Member
    What I Don’t Like

1. No basement / cellar

2. Not a lot of variety in build mode items, such as doors and windows. Not many color options. And it’s a bit annoying that doors that should be single-tile take up two tiles and so cannot be centered in a room that has an uneven number of tiles. And whilst I love the Mega Build Set, it’s a bit annoying that it doesn’t have any full-length single tile windows except for the ones with rounded tops – which don’t fit most of the other build items.

3. I loved how in Sims 3 when placing trees / plants, placing more than one of a certain type in a row would result in them being different heights / sizes. That was really cool and made the garden a bit more real.

4. Not being able to build attic rooms with dormer windows – one of my favorite designs (if this is in fact able to be done, I have not been able to make it work!)

5. The fact that all this time is spent building skills on children and nothing remains when they age up to teens.

6. That teens are so tall!

7. No spiral or L-shaped stairs (would love switchback / U shaped stairs, too!)

8. That the house lots are so small. By the time the house is built there’s no room for anything else.

9. That there are so few lots to build on. There needs to be more neighborhoods with lots – of differing sizes – to build on. I like to have tiny lots and huge lots; so far most seem to be the same size.

10. They don’t talk and build relationships while fishing.

11. Time goes too fast!

12. It takes too long to pee / shower / eat. There’s not enough time in the day to do all that skill building necessary for school / work.

13. Not being able to assign sims a bed.

What I Do Like

1. The look and feel of the worlds – they are beautiful. I love the bumblebees by the apple / plantain trees, and the buzzing they make. I love the leaves blowing across the scene in the wind, and the little dust clouds in Oasis Springs. I love the dragonflies by the water, the fireflies, butterflies and moths, the ducks on the pond, the street lamps and the trolley etc. The worlds just look amazing.

2. Gardening seems a lot more streamlined now, and doesn’t seem to take half as long. Though I would love to see the return of the sprinkler water system.

3. I love the emotions and how they change the way a sim does something; slamming the refrigerator door when upset, can bake gummy-bear pancakes when playful, etc.

4. The fluidity of the gameplay. It doesn’t stop / start / pitch / lag / stutter during gameplay, take (literally) 12 minutes for the game to load, and then another 5 minutes to change through each panel of items in CAS… I love LOVE the Sims 3 but for months now I have found it unplayable and so – despite having spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars buying every expansion pack, most of the stuff packs, and just about every store set – I abandoned it because when it got to the point that playing it was more frustrating than fun, it was time to stop. I missed it terribly though 

5. The MULTITASKINGGGGG!!!!!!!

6. The continued developing of relationships. In Sims 3 I could have 6 children in a house who all grew up together and half of them would barely know each other as young adults, which was sad. Now, they all know each other, they are all getting along (or not!), and I don’t have to micromanage every single relationship. Which is really nice!

Things I Would Like To See In The Future

1. Pets. I loved what this expansion brought to Sims 3 – chipmunks, squirrels, snakes, birds, lizards, deer, horses – it was just so beautiful to have my Sim out jogging through the neighborhood and spy a wild critter of some description. It added so much.

2. Seasons. DEFINITELY. I miss the rain. And the snow. And thunderstorms. I love having weather in the Sims.

3. More build mode options! Different types of stairs – L-shaped, U-Shaped, spiral, etc. Bigger range of doors and windows in different styles – Mediterranean, nautical, Victorian / Edwardian, 50’s – 70’s, modern, post-modern.

4. University – I bought this in Sims 3 and despite having no mods or CC, it would never, ever work. My game always hung when loading the university for the first time when a Sim was going off. So I never even saw how awesome Uni was in Sims 3 for myself.

5. Being able to go to a restaurant for dinner and being seated and served just like in Sims 2. That was always cool.

6. A farming / orchard / animals expansion pack – sheep, pigs, horses, cows, chickens, tractors, hay bales, a barn, alpacas and LLAMAS, fruit trees and veges (oranges, lemons, peach, nectarine, limes, cherry, passionfruit, grapefruit, pumpkin, watermelon, squash, turnips, parsnips, beetroot, cabbage, silverbeet, beans, peas, corn, etc), nectar / preserve / jam / relish making for all those fruits and vegetables, water wheels (a bit like the mill café from TS3 store), overalls and gumboots, straw hats, etc… a total country-bumpkin package.

7. Continued development of the emotions – maybe a few extra traits.
  • HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thank you for the thread. So far I'm playing in a frieds house. That way, I've had 5-6 hours gameplay experience already.

What I liked:
    - That music and paintings influence emotions
    - the tiny world is beautiful
    - being able to talk to more than one person
    - the individual walking style was an interesting idea. (However I only use two animations for women and 3 for men. The rest is highly unnatural).

What I disliked:
    - I miss the open world
    - the world is too small
    - I used to be a builder and world builder, Sims4 does not provide for this type of player
    - the lighting is bad
    - bugs
    - no toddlers
    - you cannot play a proper life simulation: no cars, no toddlers, no sane careers. (Those careers that do exist have nothing in common with reality. Where are the jobs for grown ups???)
    - as you can see in the forum the majority of fans are ADULTS, not kids. We've got the money for this very expensive game. Please provide for sensible gameplay.
    - bugs and glitches
    - hardly any realistic walking styles

What I would like to see in the future:
    -An add-on for 16 or 14years plus: Crime and arguments. (Please, we can already burn and starve sims. Could we please properly robb them? After a fight - could they go to hospital? Maybe an official assasination skill? It would be much kinder than starving somebody. What about herb-selling? Could my sim go to jail for serveral sim days? Can I play a homeless sim? Realistic cyber crime career. No fellow criminals.)
    - Careers and ambitions. Ordinary real-life careers: Army, medical, lawyer, industrial, office, teaching, cleaning &shop assistant (maybe part-time),.. . Options to block "unrealistic" careers: Astronaut, spy, existing crime career.
    -Generations/Family Life (toddlers with new and returning interactions, pre-teens, home school, school buses, private schools, family trees, trampolines etc.)
    -Farm Life (cows, horses, pigs, chicken, dogs, lambs, tractors, farming world, new gardening possibilities and new plants)
    -Vacation: Destinations: Japan, Europe (medieaval buildings), Africa? (swimming pools with new games, f.e. Marco Polo, Tennis) (boats, houseboats, possibility to build on the water, hotels etc.)
    -Wilderness Explorer/FreeTime (camping, zip lines, new hobbies, etc.)
    -University Life
    - Destinations replacing weather: Skiing resort/new England in autumn (no need for Seasons, if a winter and autumn world would be provided that way)
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • LovesMJLovesMJ Posts: 51 Member
    Before I say anything else I will say that I understand a lot of stuff that has been done to the game like the map system has been done so to reduce lag issues that happened in previous versions of the game.

What I like about the game thus far:
    -New emotional states and stuff that creates auras.
    -create a Sims slider stuff
    -gardening and ability to graft and make one super plant
    -better friendships/relationships based on actual likes/dislikes
    -Being able to move rooms around and or the whole house instead of having to knock stuff down and put it back up.
    -new painting styles

What I don't like:
    -being limited to fishing by the signs only
    -no cars just map travel, yes I know this is to lower the demand of the game
    -no customization of colors/wall papers etcetera without finding some out of game mod/program to do so with
    -stairs are still the same boring strait line can't make C shapes or D shape or L
    -Can't follow your Sims To work because the job locations don't exist.
    -No crime, like no one comes and robs your house any more. That used to add a touch of reality as people get robbed a lot in reality.
    -Babies don't hit toddler phase and are stuck to their cribs.
    -No weather features, which I assume will be an expansion to sucker in more $$
    - no telescopes, just stuck to that ugly observatory thing
    -having to find parts to upgrade stuff
    -book cases don't have the usual first books to learn cooking/logic and repairs
    -grass is just this smudged on green stuff, barely looks anything like grass.
  • NovaGirlNovaGirl Posts: 1 New Member
    Ill be honest ... really disappointed :( I was thrilled at the Idea of Sims 4 but what a let down, I feel rather cheated out of nearly £40. I brought the game and couldn't wait to play, the create a Sim is amazing and I have to give it respect I love the way we can create really unique Sims. I made my Sim and chose a home for her ( was a little disappointed that I couldn't merge her with another household, if you can I haven't worked out how yet) I moved her in and began to look round her house only to discover that the graphics where really poor.

Maybe I just need tips on how to fix it.

Every thing is blurry. Now i'm not sure weather this is a game fault or just my computer, but the icons along the bottom are clear but the actual Sim in the game play and surroundings are all blurry... I have adjusted resolution and graphic settings and this is having no affect.

Please any advice on how to sort this ... because this really cant be Sims 4 graphics that comes with the game.
  • pertalhaopertalhao Posts: 23 Member
    :) I Like everything in the game, first of all, we can go to every world,
    What I miss is the call service of the man-fix-it.
  • XxAnimeKnowItAllxXXxAnimeKnowItAllxX Posts: 1 New Member
    missing vampires :(
  • JamieCOTCJamieCOTC Posts: 14 New Member
    edited September 2014
    What you liked?

1. The game plays smoothly, a few stuttering issues and a slight lag every so often, but nothing horrible. It's got a nice clean style about it too. The detail is really stunning.
    2. Multitasking is by far my favorite aspect of the game. It is single handily the best thing to happen to the Sims since the addition of weather in Sims 2.
    3. CAS is pretty easy to use, though I wish we had sliders to refine more features.
    4. The emotions are a nice addition to the game. They add a new dynamic that is a lot of fun.
    5. Switching between houses and neighbors has never been easier and I love it.
    6. The friendships and relationships are better in Sims 4.
    7. The careers are a lot better, though I miss having the Sims go to work.
    8. No more pudgy faces.

What you didn't like?

I followed the progress of the Sims 4 so I knew of some of the limitations, (No CASt, no toddlers, no pools, no cars, etc) but still it did not prepare me for the near gutting of one of my fav franchises.

1. Closed world. I really miss my Sims just walking around the world, especially downtown like in Sims 3.
    2. No CASt. No CASt ever. :(
    3. No cars.
    4. Teens the same height as adults. Didn't think this would bother me to be honest, but it does ... a lot.
    5. Terrain is all flat.
    6. Time goes by a bit too fast.
    7. Can't carry around babies and no toddlers.
    8. Camera controls, even with the Sims 3 controls on can be very frustrating. This is mostly due to the fact that the mouse curser will not scroll when on the UI. In live play it's workable, but in build mode it is very aggravating.
    9. Hair could look better. it's not hard to make a fairly realistic looking sim, but the hair takes away from it.
    10. My #1 Complaint about the Sims 4 is that I can't recolor anything the way I want. This does go back to the lack of CASt, but lack of color choices in some things are simply unforgivable (wooden floors and carpets are the worst). It makes me think the game is only partly finished.

Suggestions?

Go back in time, give Sims 4 another year or year and a half of development time. Seriously, the game is lacking so much that it does not feel finished. Failing that, put in a color wheel or at the very least many, many more colors for everything. I love what modders can do w/ Sims games, but they shouldn't be doing your work for you. No CASt = Mass Effect 3 ending and BioWare gave away free DLC to fix it. Just saying.

Sims 4 is a base game and I expect it to be a little bare bones, but 4 feels a little more bare than usual. My biggest suggestion would be to add a little more content than usual for the expansions that we know are coming. And please free the Sims up a bit more. Let them get out and walk around the neighborhood. Please.

Overall thoughts?

Love and hate. That's what I feel about the game. There are some truly wonderful things about this game. It's beautiful, the multitasking is brilliant, the emotions are fun. The Sims look great, but for every wonderful thing about this game there is something annoying, frustrating or downright unforgivable. I love the Sims 4 and I hate the Sims 4 and I'm still debating which one trumps the other.
  • SimmaSimma Posts: 65 Member
    Things I like:

The relationship with other Sims and just the game play in general is so much more rich with emotions

I love it when a neighbor or a close friend of your Sims stop over without having to call them

The town is not a ghost town anymore outside the lots. Even the lots themselves are more lively.

It's a lot easier creating a custom Sim without all of the lever-things. (I've only created one Sim though, and that's when I was eager to get into the game.)

The babies are adorable and there's a lot more interactions than with the newborns of previous version.

Building is much more enjoyable.

The search feature is much appreciated on Buy mode

I love the smoother look of the game as oppose to the more realistic ones.

More "shows" on the TV's is a welcome changed. I had some Sims that I couldn't keep away from the TV in the last one and the "dialogue" on the "channels" got a bit annoying after the 4th time for the Sim day.

The non-traditional skills are cool too. Comedy, computer programming, etc.

Traveling between towns :) I love this feature, even with less places to go. I was kind of bummed that the only way to send my Sims to different towns was to move them out in the last game.

What I didn't like: Not that much to be honest....

Nope, I got nothing.

What doesn't bother me at all (after all of the complaints, especially the ones that flooded the forums before the game was out, I figured you guys could use this):

Less public places to go to-the game play is so much more entertaining that you don't really miss making them go places. I have a blast at the same place for a whole Sim day-even if it's just their house with a couple of friends or their spouse.

Pools. Watching your Sim swim in a straight line got old after a few minutes. They didn't really take off until Island Paradise, then they were more fun.

No Create a Style- So your fridge doesn't match the lavender curtains anymore. Big whoop.

No Basements- A lot of people forgot that they didn't come with the base game in the last version either. Other than a nectar storage (which I have not seen yet but it would be cool to bring back.) or a place to stick an annoying roommate, I don't get why it's so detrimental.

Pretty much everything that was listed as missing on the giant list of missing things doesn't bug me at all.

The Loading Screens- They go by quick and like Grant said in an interview, breaking up the world in to neighborhoods makes the world much more active.

Not seeing Sims at work/school: That's more of a graphical thing than it is EA trying to be mean guys-which is why we couldn't see in 3/4's of the work buildings/venues in the last one. They eliminated them by removing venues and seeing your Sim family at school/work and now you complain that there's less to do or the work and school is The Sims 2 style-either that or everyone would need a better computer to play the game and then you'd be whining about that.****

Suggestions- I would love to have toddlers back, maybe in a family-oriented EP. I love babies (Sim or not) and the nurseries look so empty without the toddler stage. Something similar to Island Paradise would be nice too-the water in the game looks beautiful and it would be cool to have beaches back.

Hot tubs would be cool too.

I can't think of much more otherwise, so I'll just leave it to the experts. :)

****Or so I've read.
    edited September 2014
    Electrical Panda:
    >
    > Things that I've disliked-
    > -No Camera control- You can't change the camera angle other than birds eye view or a very weird top angle. HATE IT!!! The most frustrating part.

Have you tried going back to the Sims 3 controls via options menu?
    > @MVOUGHT said:
    > No cars, no pools, no basements! I can't belive I spent $70 and this game isint finished. I'm so sad. Basements and pools are necessary to my game play, and I love the cars. What to do now.

So an underground floor and watching your Sim swim in a line (they mostly did that in a pool until the second to last EP for The Sims 3.) was necessary to your game play? I've heard everyone plays The Sims differently, but how exactly do you play it? What can you put in a basement that can't be placed on a normal floor? (basements weren't in the base game of the last version either, btw.)