Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA you are unbelievable.

Please click the Disagree, Agree, Like, LOL. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    Just EA pulling a fast one. If they run the series into the ground they won't bother to make another game.

Remove instead of improve, they disappoint one too many Simmers, then they remove The Sims series from their line instead of improving it to focus on more sports games...
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited September 2014
    Well don't be. Thanks to those wonderful UK players the game is No. 1 over there which can be seen as a success so 5 will surely get green lit.

Thank you UK players for making 5 possible!

• Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Why? It makes sense for them to only focus on 4 and if it doesn't do well to not make another ( economically speaking ) . People shouldent even be asking about sims 5 at this point they should be focusing on what they have . If anything you should be happy they aren't working on 5. That means more resources will go to 4 and sims 5 wont be made for craptacular computers .
  • Options
    SimsisdabomSimsisdabom Posts: 20 New Member
    Read my conspiracy theories posts, where all this is explained perfectly.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Luckyoyo74 wrote: »

Well, don't be sad/angry and instead roll your eyes at websites milking news anyway they can.

SimGuruGrant's statement was that if the Sims 4 were to do terribly, the guarantee of Sims 5 isn't assured, which makes perfect sense if you consider things from a business standpoint. No company will maintain a failing product line for long.

Given we are talking about the Sims here though, even if Sims 4 ends up with the most "blowback" ever seen, it's very doubtful it will sell low enough that Sims 5 becomes endangered.

While it's still too early to call it and say "Told you so" to some of the naysaying, it is already #1 on the weekly sales chart. It's fair to point out that this is only for a week and there was no other major releases in the same window, but again - Sims has such huge brand loyalty even with the torrent of negativity [something that follows Sims 2 and 3 as well] I am sure it will solidify 5 happening many years down the road here.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    Wrenry wrote: »
    Well don't be. Thanks to those wonderful UK players the game is No. 1 over there which can be seen as a success so 5 will surely get green lit.

I'm from the UK myself and not brought the game lol but only time will tell if it is a 'success' or not. Way to early to be even talking about TS5!
  • Options
    Read my conspiracy theories posts, where all this is explained perfectly.

have you got a link for it?
  • Options
    troubledbongotroubledbongo Posts: 74 Member
    To be honest I highly doubt they'll just pull the plug on one of the most successful and biggest selling game series of all time. Even if 4 doesn't do so well (which I think it will, eventually).
  • Options
    modernlifemodernlife Posts: 111 Member
    edited September 2014
    Why are people getting so hung up on this statement? SimGuruGrant was online answering questions and people were being quite rude to him making negative statements about Sims 4 and asking when The Sims 5 was coming. He basically said they haven't started thinking about Sims 5 yet and that there probably wouldn't be one if 4 is not successful. There's nothing sinister behind this statement. The next game isn't being held to ransom. If an iteration of a franchise is not successful then that puts into question whether there's money in continuing with another release. This is true of all products, not just The Sims or games in general. He was just stating a fact of business. The gaming press are just using all the negativity as click bait.
  • Options
    iinfrarediinfrared Posts: 4 New Member
    This makes me sad. I really don't feel like that's anything to worry about though. Like Wrenry said, it's number 1 in UK right now above games like Call of Duty, Diablo and Watch Dogs. I really don't feel like The Sims has ever done very bad, it's a game anyone can enjoy.
  • Options
    FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    Will Sims 4 really be unsuccessful after the sure 11+ expansion packs?
    Come on now.

Plus the reviews giving negative criticisms are usually by those who haven't spent too much time with the game, those who are on some "Evil EA" meme kick, or just idiotic.
  • Options
    temestemes Posts: 175 Member
    It's just the way game business works nowadays. Successful franchises can be killed after one flop, because the development budgets are so big and companies don't want to invest to something which is too risky. But I think the Sims 4 will be successful enough eventually.
  • Options
    Luckyoyo74Luckyoyo74 Posts: 101 Member
    I was so annoyed when I read the statement but I've calmed down now after talking to my hubby about it.
    I hope they do continue with the sims series because I've played since the very beginning of the series, I know the sims 5 is way in the future but I look forward to expansion packs and new sims games, please EA don't give up on your loyal simmers,
    Please click the Disagree, Agree, Like, LOL. Thank you
  • Options
    Loreleilee73Loreleilee73 Posts: 222 Member
    Wrenry wrote: »

Yup, we are pretty fab, aren't we? B)
  • Options
    Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    Well, there's two possibilities. EA could kill the franchise, or they could reform the sims team. As there's not a lot of competition for games like 'The Sims' (Animal Crossing and Tomodatchi Life are both for another platform and not really the same thing, though 'life simulation' describes all of them) I feel EA is more likely to reform 'The Sims'.

I feel like 'The Sims 3' was really a modern 'The Sims Ville' (if anyone remembers that canceled Maxis title). We may not see a Sims 5 (or V or just a shiny new reboot) as quickly as possible but for as well as the game had done and continued to do over the past 14 years, well canceling the whole of the series altogether would be a very short-sighted move. Of course some execs don't see past the end of the quarter so they may opt to 'take the money and run'... but when the next one scrambled for a profitable franchise we'd probably see the game brought back.
  • Options
    OceanBlue10OceanBlue10 Posts: 361 Member
    Dear EA, Please make The SIms 4 the last series. After all, the franchise has to end sometime.

Sorry Simmers.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    After all, the franchise has to end sometime.

Sorry Simmers.

You know because Final Fantasy is over right?
  • Options

Sorry Simmers.

The difference is there's one good FF game and that's Mystic Quest on SNES.
  • Options
    Basic rule of business: if something doesn't do well, don't do it again unless it's better.
  • Options
    Basic rule of business: if something doesn't do well, don't do it again unless it's better.

Yes but as well as the franchise has continued to do for 14 consecutive years with at least one new EP each year (I know sims 2 did two a year for much of it) I think if one game does poorly it is more likely to be seen as an anomaly. So I think we're more likely to see the "do it better" scenario, although as someone who hates sims 3 but likes sims 4 I'm not sure what "better" would be.
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    We had better make sure its successful then, huh? I know there seem to be a lot of flaws, and by piinting out the glitches first, is a good start. They can fix the glitches and start working on things we want. They can make it successful by listening to what we wantand taking action on it, so if we give realistic and possible ways to make sims 4 better (and hopefully they wont make us pay for absolutely everything) sims 4 has great potential to be a very successful game and hopefully there will be an even better sims 5.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    emilzydiva wrote: »
    We had better make sure its successful then, huh? I know there seem to be a lot of flaws, and by piinting out the glitches first, is a good start. They can fix the glitches and start working on things we want. They can make it successful by listening to what we wantand taking action on it, so if we give realistic and possible ways to make sims 4 better (and hopefully they wont make us pay for absolutely everything) sims 4 has great potential to be a very successful game and hopefully there will be an even better sims 5.

Long as people don't feel like they have to buy it just to make 5 a reality.

The onus is on EA/Maxis to make the post-launch game and content for DLC/EPs of fair value/attraction for us to purchase it. Else why not just sign a contract at purchase that says "To make Sims 5 you will pick up everything we put out regardless of if you like it or not" >.>
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited September 2014

Sorry Simmers.

LOL....it should be though.

Leo_Gruen wrote: »

Sorry Simmers.

The difference is there's one good FF game and that's Mystic Quest on SNES.

I so wish they could revamp that into a modern version, same with FF7

Also, I didn't buy Sims4 yet, because I know I would not like it in its current state. I will wait and see if the provide patches for things that should have been in base game, EP's that will add things that will make the game more interesting in the long run and at that point, I may buy it. I don't appreciate fellow sims fans blaming the collective 'me's' that did not buy the game for the potential demise of the franchise. EA did that all by themselves for plumming the game up.
  • Options
    Well, to be fair no sims game did as well as the original... Of course 14 years ago gaming was much different. Now it's estimated more people frequently play video games than go to the movies, so it's sort of like saying you're a "TV-er".
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    uh... firstly that's how all game sequels work. It doesn't matter the company. Take the Warcraft series. Warcraft 1 did very well, which helped pay for development on Warcraft 2, and the sales of Warcraft 2, paid for Warcraft 3, etc. Halo was the same way. If Halo 1 didn't do well, I don't think there would of been a Halo 2 and so on. And the sims titles are no exception to this rule.

Really you've nothing to be angry about. Sims 4 just came out. Of course they aren't thinking about a sims 5. Look at each sims title and think about the amount of expansions they had. Here I will help you out!

Sims 1:
    1. Sims 1 Base game
    2. Livin' Large
    3. House Party
    4. Hot Date
    5. Vacation
    6. Unleashed
    7. Superstar
    8. Makin' Magic
    Sims 2:
    1. Sims 2 Base game
    2. University
    3. Night Life
    4. Christmas Party Pack
    5. Open for Business
    6. Family Fun Stuff
    7. Glamour Life Stuff
    8. Pets
    9. Happy Holiday Stuff
    10. Seasons
    11. Celebration Stuff
    12. H&M Fashion Stuff
    13. Bon Voyage
    14. Teen Style Stuff
    15. Free Time
    16. Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
    17. IKEA Home Stuff
    18. Apartment Life
    19. Mansion & Garden Stuff
    Sims 3:
    1. Sims 3 Base game
    2. World Adventures
    3. High-End Loft Stuff
    4. Ambitions
    5. Fast Lane Stuff
    6. Late Night
    7. Outdoor Living Stuff
    8. Generations
    9. Town Life Stuff
    10. Pets
    11. Master Suite Stuff
    12. Showtime
    13. Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Stuff
    14. Diesel Stuff
    15. Supernatural
    16. Seasons
    17. 70s, 80s, and 90s Stuff
    18. University Life
    19. Island Paradise
    20. Movie Stuff
    21. Into The Future
    So the original sims had 7 expansions, sims 2 had 18, and sims 3 had 20, I imagine Sims 4 will have something like 22 expansions before they decide to do a sims 5.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.