Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm coming home sims 3

Comments

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'm looking at getting TS2 UC on my computer and adding TS4 though I'll still have fun with TS3 because I'm buying another external hard drive just so I'll be able to have all of them installed and enjoy all of the sims games.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • clairebear182clairebear182 Posts: 14 New Member
    Sims 4 just feels "awkward" to me.
  • tomkemp4tomkemp4 Posts: 88 Member
    Get ready to buy lots and lots of EPs - all that little bit more expensive than the corresponding EP for TS3 of course.

Cynical or what? :)
  • gabythesimslovergabythesimslover Posts: 146 Member
    I haven't tried TS4 yet because I'm still pretty hooked on TS3. Been a fan of the series since the very beginning, but it always takes me a while to make the transaction to the newer games (didn't even try TS3 until a few months ago.) I do love the series though so here is to hoping TS4 improves once more EPs come out.
  • tessabemetessabeme Posts: 226 Member
    I agree, after watching lets plays, i'm not touching ts4 for at least a year when it has been heavily expanded upon
    Follow me on Tumblr
  • IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    I'm staying with Sims 3. Two days of playing The Sims 4 and I thought it was horrible.

For some reason I read that as 'Two years' and I was like 'Whaaaaaa?! Are you a time traveller?' XD

wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey-stuff-o.gif
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    I don't have Sims 4, wasn't impressed with anything EA released about it. After reading things about it (maybe in the vain hope that it'd change my mind) I don't want it- maybe I'll get it though when it's cheap and there's a few EPs out.

I do want to play Sims 3 again though now. Been wanting to the past couple of days but been stupidly busy
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • DigstarDigstar Posts: 308 Member
    I pre-ordered Sims 4 through EB games. After reading info on the lack of content and a backwards step to loading screens I opted to leave Sims 4 at EB Games. From experience of Sims 1 - 3 base games, they all ran smoothly until the expansions take their toll on the PC. Sims 3 base game ran smoothly on my pentium 4 with 1gig ram while Sims 2 struggled on the same PC (with all expansions etc). Sims 3 now struggles on my new PC with all the expansions etc.

The point I'm trying to make is despite all the talk of Sims 4 running better performance wise and hence the hack'n'slash to so many key features of previous sims outings, It won't do for much longer when the expansions start to come out.

I may buy Sims 4 down the track but at the moment I prefer to upgrade my PC and play Sims 3 instead. Sims 4 just seems hollow in comparison to Sims 3 base game.
  • turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    sims 4 i s a later on buy for me, i know ill buy it. just doesnt seem fun atm, i cant go from a full sims game, to that and be happy.
  • Sophia666Sophia666 Posts: 427 Member
    I'm sticking with my good friend The Sims 3 unless I see some major improvements with The Sims 4- it is the first Sims game I have not run out (lets just ignore that I buy online as I like the phrase...) to buy it immediately!! There is far too much missing!
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited September 2014
    I never gave up sims 3 I have not bought sims 4 yet, I have seen a few lets plays with it, but to me it would be like going backwards, after all the packs with sims 3 and just a base game for sims 4, I remember when sims 3 came out although it was an open neighbourhood the base game was lacking what I had with sims 2 and all the packs. maybe after a few packs are out I may try sims 4, but there are still lots of things I have not done with sims 3 yet, and because I had to get another graphics card I have not had pets in for sometime, now I have my pets back in my game and loving it so I am going to enjoy sims 3 even if there are lags or glitches because it as so much more content in this game that sims 4 lacks.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    The open world, Create-a-style, toddlers, and swimming pools are all among my favorite things in the Sims 3. I don't really want to play without those features at all. If they were to make an EP adding those back in, I might consider buying it, but only if they also reduce the price considerably. Even then, I don't think I will ever quit playing Sims 3.
  • bekkilynbekkilyn Posts: 192 Member
    I still have tons to do in Sims 3 (and Sims 2 and even Sims 1) and nothing is particularly interesting me about Sims 4 at this time, so Sims 3 is where I'll be staying for the foreseeable future!

Rebecca
  • faye729faye729 Posts: 7 New Member
    I was trying to keep an open mind and really give Sims4 a shot, knowing its a base game but honestly... it lacks.. its just lacks.. I do love the graphics and new method of constructing housing however it lacks the color wheel, the freedom of so much customization to your surroundings and possessions... so until its brought up to par with Sim 3 - like this forum says - SIMS 3 I'm coming home to you! I LOVE SIMS 3.. absolutely love it.. and sims 4 just pales against it right now.
  • 29cats29cats Posts: 140 Member
    I've been lurking for quite awhile in TS4 forums, reading and listening and watching videos and even though TS4 kinda looks like fun I don't think I will be buying it anytime soon. I still have so much to do and experience in TS3 and just recently finished buying everything in the store and all the worlds I don't think I can make myself go back to a bare boned game.......The only thing I'm missing is KP Sweet Treats. Maybe one day in the future when the price of TS4 has dropped considerably I'll get it, but until then I'm perfectly happy playing TS3.
  • faye729faye729 Posts: 7 New Member
    I honestly wish I hadn't dropped the cash for the deluxe edition... soooo not worth it...
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited September 2014
    Now I didn't read through the whole thread, so pardon me if this has been mentioned before, but...

My take on it is, if you are able to erase TS3 and all of its awesomeness from your mind completely, and are jumping from TS2 to TS4, it would be a great game.

TS4 looks like it would be a great standalone game if you are a noob to the series. However, it sadly does not live up to the quality and standards that us veterans know and love and expect from our simming experience.

Just my two cents.
    ^ I absolutely agree. It's as if Sims 3 and Sims 4 should be reversed. That's why I think so many Sims players either haven't bought the game, aren't rushing out to buy it or are playing it alongside Sims 3, where as when Sims 3 came out many people completely jumped ship from Sims 2. I think that it looks good and in some ways I like the new click and drag style but that's about it. A lot would have to change for me to consider it.
  • TheEpicLadyRaeTheEpicLadyRae Posts: 45 Member
    Even though this is jumping a mile like crazy...I kinda feel like the purposely took a step back with sims 4....for when sims 5 comes out it will be based more on sims 3 but with the best improvements of sims 4....

Then I had a terrifying thought of sims 4 pets with emotions...sims with emotions was fun...to a certian point but by time I had a family it felt like I was baby sitting their emoitions...I can't imagine that with pets too.
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    slynnski wrote: »
    Now I didn't read through the whole thread, so pardon me if this has been mentioned before, but...

My take on it is, if you are able to erase TS3 and all of its awesomeness from your mind completely, and are jumping from TS2 to TS4, it would be a great game.

TS4 looks like it would be a great standalone game if you are a noob to the series. However, it sadly does not live up to the quality and standards that us veterans know and love and expect from our simming experience.

Just my two cents.

No, I still would not like the cell-shaded graphics or the awkward animation. I am not a fan of cartoons and TS4 resembles a cartoon to me.
    No, I still would not like the cell-shaded graphics or the awkward animation. I am not a fan of cartoons and TS4 resembles a cartoon to me.[/quote]

I get that totally though I quite like the style (personal preference I guess) but some of it (particularly map view from what I've seen) looks like a high end mobile app rather than a computer game. I saw it as something that should have been in a similar league to Sims Life Stories or something. :)
  • LinacaLinaca Posts: 29 New Member
    I haven't gotten the Sims 4 yet because I'm still having fun with Sims 3, but honestly the only thing I'm looking forward to is the new emotions. I heard that they have a more complex system for emotions. The thing I'm LEAST looking forward to is not having toddlers. For me, that is a HUGE reason not to buy it because I like to play with generations, but how can I do that with no toddlers?!
  • TheEpicLadyRaeTheEpicLadyRae Posts: 45 Member
    had a wonderful moment...my current heir's cousin just married the heir of the landgraab family, an heir born most likely thanks to nras story progression but still awesome because I didn't even make them.
  • TiabonitaTiabonita Posts: 76 Member
    I too have looked thru the Sim4 forum and read a lot of the comments. I even played with the Sims4 promo and created a few Sims! While the game seems okay, I really am hooked on the "open world" concept of Sims3. I love toddlers and being able to run thru the neighborhoods, go to parks and knock on the neighbors doors. I wouldn't know what to do without those things! I always build a big fancy pool for all my Sims and they love it...sometimes too much! I understand that not all players like the same things, but there are some things in Sims3 that really make the game much more fun (for me). :)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited September 2014
    I am over a week into it now, and the game is trying to break down my dislikes. :p
    I really do like these new sims, I am still not too keen on their world and creative freedom handcuffs.

Hits with me so far:
    - I created my PURE dance club and it's more enjoyable to play than the TS3 version with Late Night. I had sixteen sims in the place.
    - My sim had a series of romantic interactions with another sim. I have to say it was well done.
    - Several funny moments involving emotional state, traits, and incidents. I suspect more are lurking beneath the surface.
    - Although I am not crazy about the art style, technically the graphics look good.
    - Build Mode. It can really speed up building and help you recover from poor planning. I had a little garden area and I needed to build another to mirror it. Since it qualified as a room, I could save and merely copy it instead of having to build another from scratch.

I am very curious as to what expansion packs will bring.

Misses with me so far:
    -Art style. The grass, clouds, tree textures, terrain paints, thickness of objects, etc. makes the game look more like My Sims than a Sims game. It's pretty and all, but not to my taste.
    - Town too small.
    - Color options.
    - Trees and some objects turn invisible when you get too close to them, even in camera mode. Very bad for story makers.
    - No move objects cheat. I like to use it to bunch up shrubs, flowers, trees, and rocks.
    - Life stages not distinct visually and no toddlers. My sim was hitting on an elder. He looked like an attractive young adult. I was suspicious because he had a closed cropped hair style that looked grey. At first glance he just seemed like his head was shaved bald. This may be a bug where sims are not getting the aged meshes and textures when they age up. Teens can be confusing too.

Mehs...
    - I have built my community lot as mentioned above and I am in the middle of build a TS4 version of a TS3 home. They don't look bad, but they are a bit chunky looking. They're are ok.
    - Aspirations and careers feel like a grind. They have lots of achievements associated with them. It's great if you love achievements, but those just feel like busy work, or pseudo-gameplay to me.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds