Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

:( The Reviews Are Terrible! Everyone unfairly slamming Ts4

TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
Ok so not everyone, but mostly. I had no idea people were going to freak out about the missing features this badly. Also people are saying its boring but thats because base games ARE more boring on their own. Ts3 base game was boring as well. But because of the things that were taken away "fans" who maybe started with ts3 have written countless negative reviews and the rating is abysmal. I can not believe its gone down this way and that people can not judge ts4 on its own as a standalone instead of unreasonably complaining about how it lacks things ts3 didnt add on until expansions came out.The game is really different from the sims 3 and I get that some may prefer the sims 3 but this is 4, not 3 and its not as terrible as the angry reviewers are making it out to be.
Post edited by TDU90 on

Comments

• CryranosCryranos Posts: 6 New Member
    Yeah. Just because a game may be subjectively "better" or "worse" than its forebears doesn't make it a good or bad game in and of itself.

I'm loving the game so far.
  • TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    I hate how ts4 haters spam the comments section on the fb page with more hate comments and have nothing good to say despite all of the genuinely cool features ts4 does have. It comes across like half the complainers havent even tried it yet because most who have DO have positives as well as a few negatives.
  • AeroSimmerAeroSimmer Posts: 212 Member
    People were freaking out about the game long before it came out. Let them. I'm having fun with it. Is it better than TS3. In some ways. Yes. Other ways. No. Is it better than TS2? Well, nothing will ever top TS2 ;)
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    Sims 4 has topped the UK ratings. not everyone is slamming the game, a few people are being extremely vocal about it, mostly those that wont buy the game or have had a refund so they are hardly in a position to judge. I know how good this game is because I have put in about 50 hours playing time since it released. and ive barely scratched the surface. Sims 4 is fabulous.

To be honest threads like yours don't help, even if your opinion is that you like the game you are still going for the sensationalist headline. It like the old saying 'with friends like you, who needs enemies'
  • AeroSimmerAeroSimmer Posts: 212 Member
    edited September 2014
    PS - I'm sure EA paid off Game Informer, and we'll be seeing a positive review AND high score in next months issue. :p
    Cryranos wrote: »
    Yeah. Just because a game may be subjectively "better" or "worse" than its forebears doesn't make it a good or bad game in and of itself.<br />
    <br />
    I'm loving the game so far.
    Me too!
    Its just a little sad to me because I know they worked hard on ts4 and tried to give us back the charm many of us missed from ts2 and they succeeded in doing just that.The sims themselves are more engaging and personable and build mode is so much cooler.Its hard to believe the negative reviewers could not or would not see that.

• DeuceyBabyDeuceyBaby Posts: 289 Member
    edited October 2014
    an opinion is like a butt, the vast majority of people on earth have one, its very personal, and okay if its full of poo

you can read the reviews or dont, but smart people will watch the lets plays and make a decision for themselves
    Post edited by DeuceyBaby on
    I've got a double plumicide on 1st and Main. Witnessnes said the sus screamed you mother plumber (at the plumber and her son) and hit both vics with a round of ripe purple plums (plucked from the bountiful barrels of a 9mm shotplum).
  • turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    i think my issue is i never started off with a best game, and everyone like "buy it" .. ill rather wait for an EP or two. cause im interesting how they turn out. does it add a new part of town you can travel to without starting out? ALSO cant wait for the mods people come up with.
  • Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    Wow, are you serious? I didn't know that, I thought everyone and their mothers love The sims 4.
    This is quite shocking news. I need to go lie down.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    13955086437277.jpg
    Negative people will more likely review the game compared to people who enjoyed it.

OMG, I loved Team Rocket in the old Pokemon TV shows!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeiDui4f9MA
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Of the 24 reviews on metacritic by actual critics, NONE are negative, 9 are mixed and 15 are positive. I wouldn't say everyone is slamming it. I'm not going to say what I think about the people rating it 1/10.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
    edited September 2014
    Sims 4 has topped the UK ratings. not everyone is slamming the game, a few people are being extremely vocal about it, mostly those that wont buy the game or have had a refund so they are hardly in a position to judge. I know how good this game is because I have put in about 50 hours playing time since it released. and ive barely scratched the surface. Sims 4 is fabulous.

To be honest threads like yours don't help, even if your opinion is that you like the game you are still going for the sensationalist headline. It like the old saying 'with friends like you, who needs enemies'
    Im not being sensational. Literally every sims 4 comments section especially the fb page is overrun with negative comments putting down the game as the worst thing ever and its really disappointing for someone who appreciates the game.
    Mashimar0 wrote: »
    Wow, are you serious? I didn't know that, I thought everyone and their mothers love The sims 4.
    This is quite shocking news. I need to go lie down.
    Theres a difference between expecting "everyone" to like it and my position of expecting most reviews to at least be a little balanced :)
  • UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    That's because the vocal minority are people who never played it or played it for 10 minutes and decided to go along with their crowd. The positive majority or hardcore Simmers are still in their marathon phase be cause yeah from what i know most Simmers are marathonners. We play non stop and are like pff review? Who has time for that when there are luchADOREs to be wed and Grim is at the gym just vying for our attention. ((I really do waste hours and don't even know I've played that long until I'm in deep and there goes a week oops))
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
    UtaDagda wrote: »
    That's because the vocal minority are people who never played it or played it for 10 minutes and decided to go along with their crowd. The positive majority or hardcore Simmers are still in their marathon phase be cause yeah from what i know most Simmers are marathonners. We play non stop and are like pff review? Who has time for that when there are luchADOREs to be wed and Grim is at the gym just vying for our attention. ((I really do waste hours and don't even know I've played that long until I'm in deep and there goes a week oops))

I know right? Im not even interested in writing my own review because it would just get lost in the sea of hate reviews. Ts4 is wonderful without comparison imo.
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    If EA wanted people to judge this as a standalone then they shouldn't have put the number 4 in the title. It is not a standalone, it a a sequel to a 14 year old series and people rightfully have expectations of what should be included in a base game at this point. Anyway, reviews certainly could be better but they could be worse too. It seems like a pretty mixed reception which shouldn't be surprising considering how much content they cut.

If you are having fun with it then why are you worrying about other people's reviews anyway?
    I care because I dont like the fact that the complainers are listing all of the things that are missing from ts4 but NONE of the additions when they write these scathing reviews.
  • CryranosCryranos Posts: 6 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @Alysha1988 said:
    > If EA wanted people to judge this as a standalone then they shouldn't have put the number 4 in the title. It is not a standalone, it a a sequel to a 14 year old series and people rightfully have expectations of what should be included in a base game at this point. Anyway, reviews certainly could be better but they could be worse too. It seems like a pretty mixed reception which shouldn't be surprising considering how much content they cut.
    >
    > If you are having fun with it then why are you worrying about other people's reviews anyway?

There is a big difference between "not as good as TS2 6/10" and "ZOMG they took out x y z features 1/10."
    TDU90 wrote: »
    If EA wanted people to judge this as a standalone then they shouldn't have put the number 4 in the title. It is not a standalone, it a a sequel to a 14 year old series and people rightfully have expectations of what should be included in a base game at this point. Anyway, reviews certainly could be better but they could be worse too. It seems like a pretty mixed reception which shouldn't be surprising considering how much content they cut.

If you are having fun with it then why are you worrying about other people's reviews anyway?
    I care because I dont like the fact that the complainers are listing all of the things that are missing from ts4 but NONE of the additions when they write these scathing reviews.

For every take away there's at least 3 things in each of their places that actually have impact on game play. Heh And some of the take aways were not base game content though people try to pass it off as it. And some don't matter like Zodiac signs and favorites or at least they never made an impact on my game like the features in TS4 do. Even TS3 traits don't do much aside one or two interactions. In TS4 those traits actually define your Sim for the very first time.

luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    I almost agree with everything you have to say... but you don't have to demean the people who dislike the game. There are some people who genuinely hate the game and played the game longer than 10 minutes. No need to be rude!
    hEFcp6z.gif
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    I almost agree with everything you have to say... but you don't have to demean the people who dislike the game. There are some people who genuinely hate the game and played the game longer than 10 minutes. No need to be rude!

I think it's obvious which group of people I'm pointing out here. I didn't know I had to define it....We uh all know who "the crowd" is. They're easy to spot.

luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    designercode1.jpg

Can we just stop already? Threads like this are just gonna cause more drama. Everyone is entitled to their opinion in either positive or negative light. So maybe can we just agree to disagree and get back to being a community that respects each other again?
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    There are not many postive reviews because people who like the game are to busy playing it to go an write a review for the game!
  • 3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member

Well said! Why does it bother someone if the reviews are negative? I bought the game and have had fun playing it, but the amount of content cut leaves a lot to be desired. Main feature wise this is the barest base game of the series. It hasn't really introduced anything new to the franchise. Sims have had emotions before in the game. We just didn't have the big glaring letters telling you how your sim feels. In fact in previous games, sims have showed more emotion over things like birth, death and cheating partners. Sims have also multi tasked before also, just not to this extent.

As for the reviews, if they wouldn't of wasted so much time developing an online game, the game wouldn't be lacking so much and the reviews would of been better.

Off topic, I really wish they had a rolls eyes button to go along with the agrees, disagrees and what not.