Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't think EA knows how much is riding on this...

I really don't think that EA realized how much is riding on their their FIRST EP, for a lot of people it will be the push off of the fence that they needed, I just *hope* that EA pulls through and makes a worthy EP *cough *cough family life. Just a thought. :D

~Kaleb

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    I am hoping for either a Seasons, Justine Keaton-themed, or Pets expansion for the first expansion. :)
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited September 2014
    I agree with this. How their first EP is set up as well as the performance and the theme/content will sway me more or less into buying Sims 4 at all. If it's an EP that could add a lot to my game and is set up like previous EPs (or better) and has a good amount of content, I will purchase regardless if I'm totally in love with the theme or not. If it's all DLC, or half finished, or a really bizarre addition (World Adventures, I'm looking at you) or a buggy mess, I'll reserve my money or stick to Sims 1-3.

I am really curious to know.
  • Options
    Jazzy6897Jazzy6897 Posts: 337 Member
    They're probably going to have to add a generation expansion first for the people that really want toddlers. Along with that expansion they could add in some more family stuff obviously and maybe even pre teens. Also they can throw ownable cars in there.
    Origin ID: Jazzy6897 Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    To be honest I would like to see something completely new and never done before for some EP's. Some of the previous stuff could be added with game updates and combined with other EP's.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Blueboy2323Blueboy2323 Posts: 179 Member
    I'm hoping for them to patch in some of the basic missing features before they start thinking about money gouging us again.

Such is a fools wish, however.
    p3herocutin0mj8n.png
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    I think they should try more than the same old EPs like GoddessSims said. I think it'd be pretty neat to introduce an optional online EP, for example. Maybe not as the first though, 'cause I know how much people seem to hate anything being online around these here parts.
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    Luchador EXP pack! :blush: I think Seasons will come first. But pets would be cool too. Pets with emotions. *Sad puppy*
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited September 2014
    EA needs to think ahead of their next move. If they do a fan favorite and DONT mess it up then people will love them again. If they mess it up then they've sealed their fate. However a new EP sounds interesting but would be rather risky to do it so early on in the series. I think a fan favorite is the way to go for the first EP. Just to get in a few fan's good graces again.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    DuncarinDuncarin Posts: 362 Member
    EA know exactly what's riding on this, more than we do. They have all the sales figures.
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    Generations is EP1.
  • Options
    chellechereechellecheree Posts: 232 Member
    @Duncarin i agree and i bet its not as bad as anyone says
    c.gifh.gife.gifl.gifl.gife.gifc.gifh.gife.gifr.gife.gife.gif
  • Options
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    EA needs to think ahead of their next move. If they do a fan favorite and DONT mess it up then people will love them again. If they mess it up then they've sealed their fate. However a new EP sounds interesting but would be rather risky to do it so early on in the series. I think a fan favorite is the way to go for the first EP. Just to get in a few fan's good graces again.

So much this. I kind of liked the old/new/old/new formula. Maybe they can combine some old favorites to make room for totally new ideas.

I'm thinking Seasons will be first as well, like @Utadagda said. They could add pools and swimming and it's a pretty huge fan favorite as well - killing two birds with one stone.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    EA knows if the people in the sims department want to wake up with jobs that this EP better be good!
  • Options
    Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    I'm hoping for them to patch in some of the basic missing features before they start thinking about money gouging us again.

I 100% agree.

• Options
    Dearra95 wrote: »

I 100% agree.

After yesterday night I am so done with all this "100%" business.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    A bit of pressure much? They should equally make all EPs as best as possible not just make the first EP perfect.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    ShutupandSimShutupandSim Posts: 124 Member
    I think a lot of people who are on the fence are probably going to wait for a few EPs just to see where the game goes.
  • Options
    rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    You'll get a few things with the first EP. Just enough to give you a taste of what's good. But EA and it's goons are smarter than you. They're not just going to give you oodles of things in just one EP. And maybe a few of you will whine but you'll get over it and give papa EA your money sooner or later. And it's really no wonder that EA can get away with it, seeing as today's consumers are unintelligent drones.
    2cr3bs9.png
  • Options
    Blueboy2323Blueboy2323 Posts: 179 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

Would you say you're 100% done?
    p3herocutin0mj8n.png
  • Options

Or are they 100% certain that they're 100% done
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    I disagree with needing a Generations EP.

The family-related problems need to be added in as a free patch, and the first EP needs to be something that really expands and livens up the world.
  • Options

Jenna-Marbles-I-Can't-Even.gif
  • Options
    ShutupandSimShutupandSim Posts: 124 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    I disagree with needing a Generations EP.

The family-related problems need to be added in as a free patch, and the first EP needs to be something that really expands and livens up the world.

Why would they give out a free patch with additional content when they can charge £30 for it?
    As a karma situation - yes they should do that.
    As a business situation - It would be stupid to do that.

Patches fix bugs, they don't add content for free! At least not right out of the gate with a new release.
  • Options

Jenna-Marbles-I-Can't-Even.gif

i-sowwy.jpg
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    A bit of pressure much? They should equally make all EPs as best as possible not just make the first EP perfect.

I also agree with this, but at the same time I think it's crucial to make the first EP appeal to fans as like, perhaps a fan favorite or something of that nature in order to give fans a great first impression. Sims is known for it's abundance of EPs. It's what keeps the game fresh. So if people get turned off on the first EP it kind of leaves a "meh" tone for the rest of them.

WA wasn't awful but it was really out there. Newish concept but not necessary to life building or adding content to every day play.

Plus, seeing how much content is in it, or what types of new gameplay it offers, will give us an idea of what we are to expect from the rest of the series.

It really comes down to making a great first impression.