Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♫♥ Perfect Prom Party! ♫♥ Winners Announced!

Comments

• Options
    SoleilStarrSoleilStarr Posts: 1,008 Member
    I'm not trying to be rude, just curious, will the winners/scores be announced soon? I'm going on vacation Monday and will be gone a week. :)
  • Options
    jojo784379jojo784379 Posts: 256 Member
    I'm still working on my scores, sorry!
  • Options
    ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
    Anyone else want feedback? I'm writing my today so if you do don't forget to let us know! :D
  • Options
    RESULTS SOON!
    So results day is almost upon us. Just waiting on one more set of scores and feedback then I'll put them together and announce the winners! Good luck! :D
  • Options
    I'm SO SO SO sorry for the delay, I promise to get my act together with school and everything and send you my scores as soon as possible.
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @jojo784379: it's fine we're all very patient :)
  • Options
    Just checking up :)
  • Options
    So sorry, I've been sick all week, at the ER and just trying to get all my school work done, but I have my scores and I'll send you them as soon as possible, once again I'm SO sorry for the delay.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    Awww Jojo..hope you feel better soon!

• Options
    My scores have been sent this morning! So for the delay.
  • Options
    Hello! Results should be up today! I still haven't seen whose won so good luck everyone! :D
  • Options
    aprlmaprlm Posts: 660 Member
    good luck everyone, and Jojo I hope you feel better soon
    a.k.a *April* My Sims 3 page
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    RESULTS

So it's time for the results! Everyone did really well and we all throughly enjoyed looking at all of your creations! Here are the results!

Prom Party Destination
    1st place - nyxi
    2nd place - SoleilStarr
    3rd place - cmbaker16

Cutest Couple
    1st place - cmbaker16
    2nd place - Aprlm
    3rd place - EnvyAshleyyyy

AND here's what you you won!

Prom Party Destination
    1st place - 700 sp <--- 300 to be gifted by ritaroxy12, 100 by Shannen, 300 by jimmysnan
    2nd place - 300 sp <--- 200 to be gifted by ritaroxy12, 100 by jimmysnan
    3rd place - 150 sp <--- 50 to be gifted by MizoreYukii, 100 by jimmysnan

Cutest Couple
    1st place - 700 sp <--- 300 to be gifted by ritaroxy12, 100 by Shannen, 300 by jimmysnan
    2nd place - 300 sp <--- 200 to be gifted by MizoreYukii, 100 by jimmysnan
    3rd place - 150 sp <--- 50 to be gifted by MizoreYukii, 100 by jimmysnan

Congratulations! :D

Now here is the feedback for those who asked for it!

Prom Party Destination

cmbaker16 - Party Park

MizoreYukii's Feedback: This was a nice venue, but it needed more to stand out and make a huge impact. You could have gotten very creative with the landscaping tools and decorations/activities to make it very romantic and a nice party venue, but the opportunity was missed. I know you can be very creative with your builds, and I feel that you didn’t put as much effort into this as you normally do. Other than that, I love that it has such versatility, and the shape of the pool is a great addition to the park. The use of the floor paint was also a nice touch as a pathway.

ritaroxy12's Feedback: I really like your venue and it's really sweet and charming. I feel you lacked in creativity whilst designing the interior as you did have decor throughout the room. I also found it a little dark for my liking and I think you could have put more effort into the design. On the other hand, I think you've created a sweet little lot and I love the heart shaped pool. I love the platformed stage area for bands to play the musical instruments the flowers around the gazebo. Finally, in the description I like how you've said the pool has a magical legend to it and I think it gives you a really nice first impression of the lot!

jojo784379's Feedback: Really love how the designing of this lot was done, it was defiantly unique. I love how the main prom takes place outside. But the inside could use a little more work. Overall it's a really romantic place to have prom! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nyxi - Ballhaus

MizoreYukii's Feedback: This is a wonderful venue! The outside and inside is beautiful, and the color scheme goes throughout it perfectly without any of the colors overwhelming the others. I love the arching bridges to the gazebo and is something I have not seen much in builds, and I love the overall shape of the house. On improving the build, maybe add just a few more things for the people to do, and maybe choose a larger lot for the venue. It feels like the house and everything in the yard are too close together and it gives off a crammed feeling.

ritaroxy12's Feedback: Wow! Your first picture really does create a brilliant first impression. You've put a lot of effort into this build and it's turned out wonderfully! There's lots to do and I feel that this is a perfect place that any prom teenager would love to go to! You've really thought about your target audience here. I love how you've created two seats for prom King and Queen to sit on and that you've put arrows pointing to the seats, it really does feel like royalty! I understand that you're on a restricted lot size but maybe you could have made the house itself a little smaller because there's not much freedom outside and it's quite restricted.

jojo784379's Feedback: My breath is taken away by this build! This s a job well done. I like how you foucused on both the interior and the exterior instead of just one. The interior was decorated beautifully and I love how you added the bridge in the back. If I were a sim this would be the place to have my prom! <3

Cutest Couple

EnvyAshleyyyy - Robyn and Westley

MizoreYukii's Feedback: They are a very cute couple, but I don’t think the description fits them very well, as the description needed more to explain why they fit together so well, and who they are as a person. Otherwise, I loved the creativity for the first photo and how you showed them enjoying prom throughout the evening. Also, Robyn looks gorgeous in that dress!

ritaroxy12's Feedback: Brilliant couple and I really like your pictures! I like your description as it shows that they are similar people and have similar interests although you could have made it a little more interesting as I found it was cut off quite early on. I love the background of your pictures, especially the ones at their prom destination. Their outfits are perfect and they suit each other very well. I feel that in your 8th picture the black floor was a distraction to the eye and took my focus off what was actually happening. Overall, a really nice entry!

jojo784379's Feedback: I loved how Westley asked Robyn out to prom, it was just too cute! I also really like their prom outfits and it seems like they had a good time with their friends at prom!

cmbaker16 - Romeo and Juliet

MizoreYukii's Feedback: What a great idea for your prom couple! They are very cute together and I like the idea behind how he met her. However, the pictures didn’t really have anything unique to them, and the outfits they are wearing for prom don’t fit. An overall enjoyable couple though.

ritaroxy12's Feedback: I like your description of the couple and I like how you've created the story of how they met. But, your pictures don't do much for me as they don't show anything romantic and the outfits your couple are wearing aren't really suitable for prom as they are too casual and more like weekend clothes. I do feel that more effort could have gone into creating you sims and their clothing.

jojo784379's Feedback: First things first, their names are just too adorable! I also thought that the whole concept of the imaginary friend was cute too! And they look very cute together.

Well done to everyone and we all hope you enjoyed the competition! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @ritaroxy: 300sp

#4-Tongue Tied (49sp)

#9-Layered Victorian (43sp)

#10-Walk Bobita Walk (53sp)

#11-Elegance Enhanced (42sp)

#12-Bountiful Bows Dress (51sp)

#13-Super Cute Decora-tion (57sp)

=295

Shannen: 100sp

#2-Abundant Belts (56sp)

#6-Stompin' Boots for Her (30sp)

=86sp

For the 150 just pick some items off my wishlist between items #14-#30

Thanks for hosting :)...I had alot of fun :)

Edit: I just realized I forgot to post my wishlist link...oops
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=cmbaker16

Edit: I have to re-do Jimmy's part because I completed the set and no longer need him to gift the items I originally asked for
    will be back with some other things I'd like :)

Post edited by cmbaker16 on
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    I'll get that sent as soon as I'm on the Macbook hun :)

Oh and just a note, Ashley is taking some time away from the Internet at the moment, so perhaps her sponsors could just pick something off her wishlist.
  • Options
    aprlmaprlm Posts: 660 Member
    Congrats to the other winners xD
    this was a fun contest, thank you for hosting!
    And thank you to the sponsors as well :smiley:

As for the prize for 100
    could you send Debutante Ball Gown to her
    and Jungle cheer to her
    thank you!

and for the 200
    could you please send #5&6 Glass Birdie and Coffee Tray with Book Accents to him
    and lastly may I please have 1-5
    thanks!
    a.k.a *April* My Sims 3 page
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Make sure to pay attention to the distribution of the points guys! We did it in a strange way, so if you're not careful this may get confusing for everyone. xD
    @jimmysnan The contest has finished! :D
  • Options