Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All my sim children are clones of their father

So my sim Vicky met Bo Novak and they have 3 children, Kevin, Christopher, and Terrance, and it seems like they are all clones of their father :\

cYWRXs.png
The parents

bvNYCT.png
Christopher and Terrance

1lAyqT.png
Kevin

They all have the same hair and eye color, and it seems like they all have the same face as well, aghh :'(:s

Comments

• Options
    katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    Were they triplets?
  • Options
    CabsCabs Posts: 127 Member
    I think they have the mum's eye colour and nose though. Very cute kids by the way :)
  • Options
    srHz86srHz86 Posts: 54 Member
    My first sim family had that happen as well. The mom had black hair, and the father was Zest Johnny (blonde) and both kids had blonde hair. I'm playing a new family now so I hope it'll be different this time.
  • Options
    DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    Looks like they have their Mom's eye color and shape, as well as her chin. It's kind of hard to tell, as the sims are all male so they will naturally look a bit more like their Dad.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Same thing happened to me. My Sim's kid looks exactly like her dad, only she has her mother's eye colour.

Kind of irritated, it's like TS2 all over again...
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    The first 2 kids are twins and the other kid is their older brother. @katelynnmcdaniel

@Cabs thank you :)

@srHz86 I hope it works out for you :#:)

@Davlan They def have their moms eye color, but I'm not 100% sure about the facial shape :\

@Rinilex I hope they fix it!

• Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I just have to mention that all of them have their mother's eyes. She has green eyes and the dad has brown eyes. I have also found through CAS that you don't really see the differences in their faces that well until at least hitting teens, so I would be patient and see how they look like then too.

They do look a little like triplets though...
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Cute family! I can tell the twins look very identical to him and actually look like twins, but can't really tell with Kevin.
  • Options
    @meggiewes i know they have her eye color but they have his eye shape

@Amj1995 Thanks! And yes they are def identical! :D
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    Sim mom is a ginger, and Sim Dad has black hair. They have 4 Ginger kids, and twins with black hair. Nice to see a change that way.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    @SimCrazy well, you did make it sound like they were carbon copies of their dad at first, so I just wanted to make sure you noticed. ;) I have a feeling that genetics similar to TS2 are back though. I've been keeping track of hair, eye, and skin color through my legacy so far.

My mother is blue skinned, black hair, grey eyes and the father is normal skinned, brown hair, and brown eyes. Their three children are as follows:

1. Normal skin, brown hair, grey eyes
    2. Blue skin, black hair, grey eyes
    3. Blue skin, black hair, brown eyes

Their face shapes as kids look really similar right now, but I'm honestly not paying that much attention to it because of my experience in CAS. All the kids look really similar to me so I had to make the siblings of the pre-made families in teens before I really saw a difference. Then I aged them back down to kids, so I wouldn't get worried about it just yet. Now if they age up and all the teens look practically the same, then I would worry a little bit. Also, the parent's faces are pretty similar from what I can see, so the genetic mix up might not look as apparent.
  • Options
    maadstarmaadstar Posts: 13 New Member
    I made a Japanese male and an Indian female and they had a son. The boy has light skin like his father and looks purely japanese. They both have black hair so not sure for that part but looks like only father figured in.
  • Options
    meggiewes wrote: »
    @SimCrazy well, you did make it sound like they were carbon copies of their dad at first, so I just wanted to make sure you noticed. ;) I have a feeling that genetics similar to TS2 are back though. I've been keeping track of hair, eye, and skin color through my legacy so far.

My mother is blue skinned, black hair, grey eyes and the father is normal skinned, brown hair, and brown eyes. Their three children are as follows:

1. Normal skin, brown hair, grey eyes
    2. Blue skin, black hair, grey eyes
    3. Blue skin, black hair, brown eyes

Their face shapes as kids look really similar right now, but I'm honestly not paying that much attention to it because of my experience in CAS. All the kids look really similar to me so I had to make the siblings of the pre-made families in teens before I really saw a difference. Then I aged them back down to kids, so I wouldn't get worried about it just yet. Now if they age up and all the teens look practically the same, then I would worry a little bit. Also, the parent's faces are pretty similar from what I can see, so the genetic mix up might not look as apparent.

That's a good idea to keep track like that, I'm gonna try it ;)
  • Options
    MelReduxMelRedux Posts: 54 Member
    I've only had 2 in game kids so far (siblings). Daughter looks just like dad, son looks just like mom.
  • Options
    TannerTanner Posts: 3 New Member
    I had the opposite happen to me! My sims, Katie Kraus and Johnny Zest, had twins! Amy looks exactly like Katie and Ellen looks exactly like Johnny! Kind of weird but cool!
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Yeah, I have found that when it comes to children's genetics, the hair and eye color tends to be varied between siblings, but their looks will generally be clones of one parent or the other, instead of actually mixing the features of both parents. Though, this isn't always the case, as I have seen some kids born into my legacy family with very unique looks, even had a blonde kid born to parents that had black hair and red hair respectively. Another kid inherited her grandfathers skin tone which I had never seen happen in Sims 4 until then. So, overall, I would say the genetics in this game are decent, though the clone-face does tend to plague some families for a generation sometimes.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    All my sims look like exactly their parents too Edward looks exactly like Johnny and Christina looks exactly like Lauren Edward is basically a clone of Johnny.