Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS ONLINE

Comments

• s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    The Sims Forever is the original Sims. Its Living Large (the heart hot tub-w/ Bella and Mortimer) House Party- with the colored squares. Vacation (with the hotels-usually the start up) I never saw any scenes from TSO- its all The Sims 1 from what I can tell. I will pay closer attention though from now on. I had a bf who used to play TSO- I found it annoying. lol
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    I was hoping we'd get some form of multiplayer in The Sims 4. Maybe later or through mods. :(
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 was originally suppose to be an online game, but with SimCity failing miserably, they changed it at last minute to an offline game.

And then we got MMOish outdated graphics and the most horrible inventory system transferred from Sims 3.

Lol "outdated graphics".

I can't think of one Simulation game that has better graphics than the Sims 4.
  • DottyDotty Posts: 80 Member
    I loved TSO, I had a medieval tavern I built on a snow lot, the Stag and Otter Tavern. But the Sims isn't really suitable for an online game, because it has lots of children and adults playing and online it allowed for adult relationship roleplay, it would need a lot of safeguards in place to make it safe in another version. We had a situation on our lot back in TSO where a 14 year old girls Sim was chasing after a male Sim controlled by someone we knew was in his late twenties. So we had to warn him of her real age.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    jobug1015 wrote: »
    I played The Sims Online too, loved it so much. I remember playing "pizza". Working at the restaurant. Having trivia contests and skilling parties. Ahhh, good times!

@jobug
    I used to have a pizza place for a while, absolutely LOVED the pizza tables. I loved to see how many tables I could run in IM at the same time. Never tried more than one with bubble pizza, my lots got too confusing to follow along in chat and pizza, so IM it was. Here are some pics, first pic is one of my pizza places, and second pic is inside.

cdp1.jpg

starpizza.jpg

I'm the fool with the fists in the air, Star Pizzas rock.

• ejwloverejwlover Posts: 6 New Member
    I played The Sims Online. I loved it too. Good times...
  • jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    @Jessa_Dakkar OMG, love the pictures!! Totally remember playing that game. Had a lot of good times!!
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    never played it didn't have a credit card back then

wasn't it a tedious grind though? everything i read about it said it was all about building skills up and not a whole lot more and everyone just got bored of it

sims is better left offline
    I did little skilling myself. I tended to stick with whatever locks I had and not skill past those. I goofed off 95% of the time.
  • jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    @baddazoner It was about getting skills up, but people would have skilling parties and you'd chat with everyone there. "working" was a lot of fun, I don't know. I liked it, consumed a lot of my time!
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Baristatye wrote: »
    Not sure where its appropriate to post this, but I use to be a fellow TSO member (the sims online) back in early 2000s, when Maxis ruined it (ea ruined it, go figure) but long story short was wondering if anyone else ever played and if you seen it in The Sims 4, when your sims play video games, play sims forever - when they play it looks just like the sims online. I wish they would bring it back :( it was awesome.

I was SO excited when TSO was ready to launch. It sounded like the greatest thing that had ever happened for the Sims. I got online...tried it, and I didn't like it at all. I played a second time and never went back after that. As someone else mentioned, it forced you to socialize. You had to take part in silly little games like pizza-making. From what I saw, it quickly became a glorified chat room, nothing more. It was a waste of both time and money, IMO.

The Sims was meant to be a "sandbox" game -- not a group endeavor. We all have different playing styles. There's no way to translate that sort of creative freedom into an online game.

• BayalynnBayalynn Posts: 67 Member
    I played in Test Center and Alphaville, yes as Baya. I think I miss making Jam and Pizza'ing the most
    I loved to build. Sometimes a build would last a day, sometimes I'd play it for a few weeks. I'd build places and give them away to people who needed homes and couldn't afford them. I taught myself roof art and played with that. My favorite property type was Entertainment. I had a venue with a stage for sims to get up and tell jokes. I had a 'summer camp' where at night we would get the campfire ghost and watch hapless noobs run away literally peeing their pants. We'd set things on fire. Lots of contests and mazes. Lots of helping new people learn the ropes. I guess if I'd stuck to strictly skilling, I wouldn't have enjoyed it.
  • ohohraptor87ohohraptor87 Posts: 98 Member
    I love Sims Online! I was in high school and because you had to pay I didn't have it for very long, but it was so much fun while it lasted. I was so sad when years later I tried to get it and found out the whole thing had been shut down. :(
  • BaristatyeBaristatye Posts: 96 Member
    > @MrLevodevo said:
    > I've always been very curious about this game. Though I've played this franchise since its inception, I was a bit too young for TSO. I don't think we'll ever see any kind of attempt at another one though, especially with the success of Second Life.

Honestly I tried so hard to get into second life because I had heard a lot of TSO members were moving there when EA decided to shut it down. but I hate it so much!!!!!!! I feel like its too sexual orientated, and laggy, and just awful.
  • ChupaLGTChupaLGT Posts: 39 Member
    The Sims Online was by far my favorite Sims experience. It was a classic and I knew how to work the system to make bank. I made a ton of friends, too! I just love MMOs and I can't find anything comparable to TSO. I wish the Sims 4 was online, I was hoping for it.
  • Phoenix1255Phoenix1255 Posts: 167 Member
    I can only imagine how sims online was then and how it would be today. "Hi there, Woohoo?"
  • BaristatyeBaristatye Posts: 96 Member
    > @jobug1015 said:
    > baddazoner It was about getting skills up, but people would have skilling parties and you'd chat with everyone there. "working" was a lot of fun, I don't know. I liked it, consumed a lot of my time!

Consumed like allll my time hahaha! I remember sometimes people would throw parties at their houses and there would be prizes like first play gets $2000 second gets $1000 etc, and like they would have swim offs, and simmers would try there best to like fulfill their sims needs for the long run and then when the contest started they would all jump in the pool and the last one to die would be first place lol and part of the point of the contest was so your house could be ranked #1 there was 1-100, other things too, like the nicest sims (which one has the most friends, you had to build relationships), the meanest, etc... lol idk it was like a fun thing and innocent for the part. you also had an option to ignore a sim so they cant contact you lol
  • ChupaLGTChupaLGT Posts: 39 Member
    I remember I always focused on my body skill because you could do pretty sweet dance moves lol
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I get tearful when I hear this, no game has ever made such an impact on me as TSO did and I miss it still. RIP TSO

Lita Belaqua of Dans Grove and Lita's Island

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEfnfUtM3ts

Oh that tune brings back so many memories. I was too young for TSO at the time and I prefer having my simming single player only. I never liked microtransactions even before they were called that.

They should totally bring back some of the old TS1 songs as playable piano songs in TS4. And I need to figure out where I can get my hands on the original soundtracks to put it into my game with custom music. I know retro has some and I love it!
  • tammi222tammi222 Posts: 478 Member
    I only found out about it a couple of years ago and it was long gone by that point. Unfortunately I was four when it came out and nine when it was rebranded so I kind of missed the boat...
    "I never like to do anything quiet if I can help it. Swords for everyone!"
    tumblr_mtugnbGcVr1rlg2wpo1_400.gif
  • MykaahMichaelsMykaahMichaels Posts: 1 New Member
    Reading this thread has filled me with a feeling of nostalgia so strong, it literally brought tears to my eyes. TSO was my first and perhaps the best online game experience I've ever had. I met some fabulous people and made a few long lasting relationships. I was "The Lady That's Known as Lou" and I ran the number one "offbeat" property in Interhogan, The Malamute Saloon. TSO started my obsessions with MMO's of all kinds. It lead me to Second Life, THERE, SWG and EQ2 but TSO is the only one I really miss.
    ChupaLGT wrote: »
    The Sims Online was by far my favorite Sims experience. It was a classic and I knew how to work the system to make bank. I made a ton of friends, too! I just love MMOs and I can't find anything comparable to TSO. I wish the Sims 4 was online, I was hoping for it.

Me too! That's why I think we should rally the troops and tell them we all want multiplayer in The Sims 4! (Without damaging the core offline singleplayer experience)
  • Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    was TSO anything like second life? I remember seeing TSO commercials but never really got into it.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
    Mashimar0 wrote: »
    was TSO anything like second life? I remember seeing TSO commercials but never really got into it.
    It was nothing like second life at all. Second Life is a social sandbox MMO, The Sims Online is like The Sims 1 but with people and different features.