Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now i'm worry about SIMS future.

Comments

• ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    lexxsims wrote: »
    Do you imagine a world without SIMS ? omg, that would be so sad!
    "The best company of america" (two years consecutive) already killed simcity, now i'm worry it happens with sims :(
    Sims is one of my favorite game ever, but im really worry about what GRANT said.
    fptpgtrant.png

I think they're worried about sims 4 it success.... I hope sims don't die.....

He said that in response to people talking about Sims 5. I wouldn't worry. I think it will be okay.
  • UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    ts3seml wrote: »
    "The best company of america" (two years consecutive) already killed simcity, now i'm worry it happens with sims :(
    Sims is one of my favorite game ever, but im really worry about what GRANT said.
    fptpgtrant.png

He said that in response to people talking about Sims 5. I wouldn't worry. I think it will be okay.

no worries my friend.
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    Don't worry. Sims 4 will be just fine. There was a lot of hate for sims 3 base game when it came out. Same level of hate Sims 4 is now getting. Guess what. It was fine. In fact, even though it lags to hell and back, it's still a very popular game. The hate usually lasts like a few months before the complainers go away and people start actually playing it for real, and not playing it thinking about all the things the other games have that this one does not... yet. The missing stuff I have no doubt will be put in, as an expansion.

Was there really this much hate for Sims 3?, I wasn't on forums at the time but even then I knew it was bad enough for me not to play again for 2 years.

From my understanding from friends I spoke with who were around back then. Yeah. People were all "Why isn't season changing in this game? Why isn't there pets? There's bugs this game stinks! There's glitches, this game is bad!! There's clipping, it's horrible! Textures take forever to load just to see other lots, should of put load screens in instead! Sims 2 is the best game I'm playing it because Sims 3 is bad!

Now, sims 3 is getting praised along with sims 2, and sims 4 is being nitpicked to the ground. So yeah will take a couple months but I bet things will flow a lot like how sims 3 did.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    fptpgtrant.png

best company in america? i think you have that wrong, they were actually the worst company in america 2 years consecutive.
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited September 2014
    @lexxsims

I'm pretty sure it was voted worst company, not best.

EDIT: Gazpachoid answered this as well.
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    Well EA isn't trying very hard to make the sims 4 successful.

It isn't rock science figuring out what a consumer wants. You're selling someone a product? Figure out what product is best for your consumers. Its like HELLO EA!?? We simmers are over here! Why are you over there? That isn't the people who buy your sims games! So EA step over here and speak with the community and we will tell you want we the consumers want to see in our product we purchase from you.

EA's problem is EA thinks they know best whats good for the sims series... WRONG! EA I am the sims and I have been since feb 2000. So EA next time you decide you think you know whats best for me? Please don't think... you insult me, ask me and I will explain. That goes for the other thousands of simmers on this forum. Try asking us what we want and then we will buy in bulk. You make money, we get what WE want... life is good for everyone. Then you can also make sims 5 in the future.

To screw us fans and not make what we want is you EA screwing your wallet. We have a voice and we seem to be able to use it well. LOL
    edited September 2014
    i wish ea would go bankrupt so a new company could start working on the sims series. less expansions, and more work and effort put into making the actual game.

but thats never gonna happen cause it seems EA buys every other video game developer
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    I'm dying to hear about the sales numbers for the first week of release. Any info on that yet? (Probably too early to know yet. ... It hasn't even *quite* been a week yet.)

But yeah, I posted in another thread that it would make me sick to think that whether Sims 5 happens would depend on sales from Sims 4. It's quite possible that Sims 4 won't sell as well as 2 and 3, and if so, it's EA's fault for leaving out so many staples of the game that people expected and are disappointed to see gone. EA will write it off as "people aren't interested in The Sims anymore" and stop making Sims games, but really, it would be their own fault for not really understanding their fan base. They'd blame the fans for losing interest, not blame themselves for producing a game that didn't meet expectations.

And Sims 4 is a good game, it's just that it could have been even better, and many people know it.
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Sims 4 is a great game, give it a try.
  • jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    fptpgtrant.png

This would be the statement any producer would make about any game and it's a fact. If a game is released as a series, 1, 2, 3 etc..., there won't be a 5th iteration if the 4th one fails.

The statement is basically meaningless, don't worry about it.

Penelope wrote: »
    I'm dying to hear about the sales numbers for the first week of release. Any info on that yet? (Probably too early to know yet. ... It hasn't even *quite* been a week yet.)

But yeah, I posted in another thread that it would make me sick to think that whether Sims 5 happens would depend on sales from Sims 4. It's quite possible that Sims 4 won't sell as well as 2 and 3, and if so, it's EA's fault for leaving out so many staples of the game that people expected and are disappointed to see gone. EA will write it off as "people aren't interested in The Sims anymore" and stop making Sims games, but really, it would be their own fault for not really understanding their fan base. They'd blame the fans for losing interest, not blame themselves for producing a game that didn't meet expectations.

And Sims 4 is a good game, it's just that it could have been even better, and many people know it.
    i dont think the sims series would end because of bad sales. i actually think having bad sales for the sims 4 is a good thing because it would make EA actually start to care what the fans want and make a good base game once again. and with less need of expansions please

• Larium1Larium1 Posts: 71 Member
    edited September 2014
    @fullspiral What 🐸🐸🐸🐸? Do you mean yourself? Because everybody else is keeping it cool.
    If you are supposed to like this game why do you think random comments in the internet ruin your gameplay experience? :/

• Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Gazpachoid wrote: »
    i wish ea would go bankrupt so a new company could start working on the sims series. less expansions, and more work and effort put into making the actual game.

but thats never gonna happen cause it seems EA buys every other video game developer

I was thinking about this the other day, but I'm hoping that they'll just improve The Sims instead. However, if this is not possible with EA, then I'd rather another company with a fresh outlook take over. It'd still be sad to say goodbye to plumbobs and Simlish, though.

I tried it a few times.
  • Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    fptpgtrant.png

I can't believe he actually said that. It was their idea to make this gonorrhea infested mess. With that statement it is like they are putting the blame on us. Buy it or you won't get sims 5. UH HOW ABOUT NO! How about you get your azs out of the gaming industry so people with actual skill and talent can work on a game. Who in their right minds would remove so many features just to add emotions. Don't even get me started on the marketing team. LOL Was this all just a grade 10 marketing project, because it would get a big FAT F.
  • UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    SuRihtanil wrote: »

I tried it a few times.

different strokes for different folks I guess I enjoy it...it was weird at first, but its really fun.
    SuRihtanil wrote: »

I tried it a few times.

different strokes for different folks I guess I enjoy it...it was weird at first, but its really fun.

Kinda like that first kiss.

Gazpachoid wrote: »

I was thinking about this the other day, but I'm hoping that they'll just improve The Sims instead. However, if this is not possible with EA, then I'd rather another company with a fresh outlook take over. It'd still be sad to say goodbye to plumbobs and Simlish, though.
    oh no, plumbobs and all the aspects of the original sims wouldnt change really. it'd just be a new team making the new engine and everything. and hopefully a new company wouldnt be as greedy and eff'd up as EA and focus more on the base game than planning for what to put in the expansion packs.
  • EzebitEzebit Posts: 39 Member
    What I know is that I am so not ready to say goodbye to this game and I really wanna see future versions of it.
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Well, one thing about it, if it is the gurus' jobs on the line, they WILL fix it where we have our stuff back (toddlers, pools, etc.) so it will actually sell because it will then be personal for them, and THEIR lives will be affected. Sad but true.... I like the gurus and don't wish that on anybody, especially when the really sad part is the fact that EA made them switch things midstream and then didn't give them enough time to correct it properly, and that was after they insisted on the wrong direction to begin with.
  • daltondougdaltondoug Posts: 618 Member
    People are, once again, using what grant said out of context. 1- he said it in a jokingly tone. Everyone on the thread were joking, and so was he. He was also answering this to a hater, who was a bit agressive towards him.
    2- He didn't imply sims 5 wouldn't happen nor anything. He just stated this as a response to someone who was agressive, and he did it in a jokingly tone. It may not have been the best answer to be given, but I do think that quoting him like that is a disrespect to the man. Y guys should search more before making posts like this one
    3- the sims is the best selling franchise ever. I'm not making assumptions on this one or anything. It's a fact, based on statistics. It'll hardly shut down, because it's easy to do and sell horribly well.
    They need to stop trying to be all top secret and dying to milk us for every cent they can and start making content patches. I don't mind buying stuff and I love buying expansions as long as they're solid fun... but just saying people are tired around here of all the BS so it seems.
    And they have the right to be, but legally it would be a problem if they revealed stuff.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Larium1 wrote: »
    All this negativity comes from angry fans. FANS! They are interested in the product, which is the hardest part. The market is right there. If they develop the right product THE FANS WANT and it is worth the asking price, it will sell.
    The devs are the ones that will probably be laid off. Maybe he meant there won't be a sims 5 with him in the project.

This IS the right product. And I hope there's more growth and that the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and whiners don't ruin it for us that love it.
    This might be the right product for YOU... But a lot of other people are upset with how Sims 4 turned out...

He/Him
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Larium1 wrote: »
    All this negativity comes from angry fans. FANS! They are interested in the product, which is the hardest part. The market is right there. If they develop the right product THE FANS WANT and it is worth the asking price, it will sell.
    The devs are the ones that will probably be laid off. Maybe he meant there won't be a sims 5 with him in the project.

This IS the right product. And I hope there's more growth and that the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and whiners don't ruin it for us that love it.
    This might be the right product for YOU... But a lot of other people are upset with how Sims 4 turned out...

the game split the fanbase. Still, saying it made the majority of the fanbase unhappy is an overstatment; the number of people who liked it in the forums is bigger than people who disliked it(See halimali thread). It may've got bad reviews at amazon or game critics, but ign and gamefaqs make it 50/50